Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest  (Read 37544 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 13:17:05 »

Yeah some more info needed. Karachi for example, just needs pointing out that Karachi FC doesn't actually exist.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 13:26:22 »

It has to be hard correct facts as well or it will just be spun by Clem & co as a minority having an axe to grind
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 15:28:39 »

If people can help work on the exact wording and have a willingness to help distribute then il have a leaflet drop printed and ready to go on 20th January home game.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 15:31:30 »

I'll definitely leaflet drop. I would just change Karrachi to Karrachi FC, the club that doesn't exist.

Because I think its safe to say, it doesn't.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 16:06:25 »

I think it probably technically does, now. I assume we set it up - we=Austin=nothing to do with the club guv. Honest.

Might be wrong.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 17:18:36 »

I'll definitely leaflet drop. I would just change Karrachi to Karrachi FC, the club that doesn't exist.

Because I think its safe to say, it doesn't.

It does now, just not in a playing football against other teams in a League sense.  It appears to be a pure Visa application vehicle where local kids who play soccer are sent to if their parents fancy them having an opportunity to get a scholarship to go to the UK.  There do appear to be real people there now, coaches for example.  It's certainly not a football club in the true sense, but it does exist.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 17:21:25 »

If people can help work on the exact wording and have a willingness to help distribute then il have a leaflet drop printed and ready to go on 20th January home game.

Happy to help with the wording and although I’ll not be at the game can drop leaflets into letterboxes around Old Town.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 17:21:54 »

Not defending it, but is there anything fundamentally wrong with what they’re doing?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 17:22:23 »

That is an academy though, not a football club.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 17:22:56 »

Happy to help with the wording and although I’ll not be at the game can drop leaflets into letterboxes around Old Town.

Old town pubs might be better?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 17:27:24 »

Not defending it, but is there anything fundamentally wrong with what they’re doing?

If you mean the Visa School, no, not in a legal sense.  It presents opportunities for shadiness around the edges, but even fully above board it can make someone some money to pay the bills.

If you mean in a sense of using time, effort, resources and the brand name associated with our club, then I'd say yes.  It's a ridiculous thing for us to be involved in.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 17:27:37 »

Old town pubs might be better?

Can do both. I’ve got ins with pretty much all the important pubs (Kings, McKenzies etc) so absolutely 👍
doversparkred

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 19:49:23 »

Surely someone at four four two would love doing an article on what a basket case we've been since Andrew Black sold up?

If they do there research and speak to people on here. They'll love writing little bits about Jed opening up a town end bar with no fire exit and some of the more obscure stupid stuff that has happened.

They'd obviously have to walk a fine line legally including things on the likes of Adam hart and zav Austin, but just have to explain why fans are concerned.

FourFourTwo is now owned by Future, based down the road in Bath. Previous publishers Haymarket (where Mark H used to work) sold to Future a couple of years ago.

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2024, 01:30:10 »

I would say that Andrew Black selling up started all this shit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, January 9, 2024, 07:09:10 »

I would say that Andrew Black selling up started all this shit.

It did.

I don’t know Black or his finances or the clubs finances at the time but I still don’t understand why you pull the plug in February when the team are sat top of the league on their way to Championship for the first time in 10+ years.

I just think the value of ‘10+ years in the bottom two divisions Swindon Town’ has significant less sale value compared to ‘Paolo Di Canio’s Swindon Town who have just won back to back promotions & have the most momentum in the entire football league’

The outlay for those extra 4/5 months probably would have been recouped by being in the Championship.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: