Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest  (Read 36357 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:07:01 »

I didn't even know Four Four Two still existed, I used to read it a lot back in the day. I might be miles off here, but wouldn't The Athletic/Kieran MaGuire/Cost of Football Podcast be a direction that might get more media traction? (Sorry I have just read the Athletic being suggested above - must read back more)

Sam Morshead is now involved in something more football based also - he loves to get involved in the meaty stories doesn't he?

Yeah, you're right. For a more serious article, definitely.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:12:01 »

From listening to snippets of his podcast he was also pro Clem, which I assume is also how he got the pre-game CG announcers gig? That may have changed somewhat however due to recent experiences?

He was definitely in Clem’s good books and given a lot of access to the club.
Now whether they milked that for all it’s worth whilst also seeing what was going on behind enemy lines & what their opinion of Clem is now - who knows?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:15:02 »

He was definitely in Clem’s good books and given a lot of access to the club.
Now whether they milked that for all it’s worth whilst also seeing what was going on behind enemy lines & what their opinion of Clem is now - who knows?

I think the fact that the STBL podcast has closed it's door in it's current guise suggests they may have closed the door on that chapter. I can't see 'Hanners' staying out of the limelight for too long somehow.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:20:20 »

Sam Morsehead would be the way to go, just started his new gig following town and would more than likely be looking at a few stories to get his teeth into as he is pushing for subscribers.  He also used to post on here, so probably still has an account and given his new gig, I am sure he has had a peek on here since back in the parish.  I even sent him to the Sponsorhip dinner one year when i was organising the Sponsorship every year.

It's all a case of whether he is up for being the pot stirrer so early in his reintroduction to writing pieces on the town, but i am sure it has already crossed his mind.  He probably already knows more than most of us on here about the current goings on in the background at the club.

I'm here if people want to chat. You've pretty much got everything right there - the gig isn't a full-time role, but working on something more substantive for the summer, and reintroducing myself to what it is to cover the club at the moment.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:22:39 »

If you are planning to be heard inside the ground then you should get tickets for the same area, block A6U is where it's at  Smiley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:29:17 »

I'm here if people want to chat. You've pretty much got everything right there - the gig isn't a full-time role, but working on something more substantive for the summer, and reintroducing myself to what it is to cover the club at the moment.

I thought my post might tempt you to pop your head up Cheesy Welcome back btw, local news outlets have missed some investigative skills for the past few years, looking forward to reading some of your new stuff.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:34:44 »

What's the 'new gig'?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:40:09 »

Until the window closes, dissatisfaction is a better option as a protest at this stage. Focus on the broken promises and put pressure on Morfuni and co to stop the rot. It is still possible, but we need to show our teeth in the window, other clubs below us will be after the same targets.

I think this is right - as much as this forum generally is ahead of the average fan, there are plenty there who think this window will fix things. Focus on having clear expectations this month - if Clem and co meet them then great, we have progress. If they don't, then we have strong evidence of three windows in a row where corners have been cut and I think that will lead to scales falling from a few eyes.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:45:12 »

I think this is right - as much as this forum generally is ahead of the average fan, there are plenty there who think this window will fix things. Focus on having clear expectations this month - if Clem and co meet them then great, we have progress. If they don't, then we have strong evidence of three windows in a row where corners have been cut and I think that will lead to scales falling from a few eyes.

I think quite a few fans are now waking up. I know quite a few that are giving it until this transfer window to make their mind up with these Chancers.
Keep spreading the word on match days, without doubt some of our loyal mentalists are taking note. Plenty of bulllshit getting spouted under the North Stand though.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 11:27:54 »

What's the 'new gig'?

https://theinkswindon.substack.com/p/give-2024-a-sporting-chance-with?utm_source=%2Fbrowse%2Fnews&utm_medium=reader2

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 11:48:31 »

Exactly. There is a lot of moving parts in the next three weeks. Not to say people can't start to organise if they wish, but the next home game is a good opportunity to apply pressure if needed, rather than go full tilt. Focus on the promises rather than the ins and outs of who's got what, who's a guest and who's pulling the strings... someone needs to pull a finger out this week and next.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 11:49:20 »

I think quite a few fans are now waking up. I know quite a few that are giving it until this transfer window to make their mind up with these Chancers.
Keep spreading the word on match days, without doubt some of our loyal mentalists are taking note. Plenty of bulllshit getting spouted under the North Stand though.
The problem is with spreading it on matchdays is it gets missed in amongst all the other bullshit. People talking about Twine coming back and Rooney as manager ffs so ten the other stuff gets put as rumour.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 12:37:40 »

Thanks Bernie
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 12:46:02 »

The problem is with spreading it on matchdays is it gets missed in amongst all the other bullshit. People talking about Twine coming back and Rooney as manager ffs so ten the other stuff gets put as rumour.

People talk that sort of bollocks all the time though, see that shit on socials.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 13:08:46 »

I think a leaflet drop is definitely the way to go with the main headlines and then perhaps a brief explanation underneath for those that wont understand.

Sadly this is the type of thing previously that has been organised by the Trust but they wont dare get involved or they may lose their seat next to Clem to discuss what biscuits he likes with his tea
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: