Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest  (Read 37587 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 19:18:55 »

I'm sure more can be added to that graphic but might be worth some physical copies of them about around the next home game?

I'll not be going game but would be up for distributing a few around the merlin/tap and barrel, cgh, etc.

Probably get booted out of the legends.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 19:20:49 »

It’s not always going to be like this.

Has been pretty much like this my whole life!

Last 10+ years has been the worst dodgy owners. It isn't gonna change. I'd honestly be happy to blow it up and start again. Town and fanbase is big enough that it wouldn't be long until we're back in the Football League. Imagine if we'd gone bust before Jed took over? We'd probably be exactly where we are now, league wise, without all the criminals involved.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 19:24:52 »

I'm sure more can be added to that graphic but might be worth some physical copies of them about around the next home game?

I'll not be going game but would be up for distributing a few around the merlin/tap and barrel, cgh, etc.

Probably get booted out of the legends.

Il happily get front and back A5 printed ready for distribution for tranmere home game if enough people show an interest like you have done.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 19:29:08 »

Il happily get front and back A5 printed ready for distribution for tranmere home game if enough people show an interest like you have done.

I'll cover the tap and CGH mate.

Maybe something alluding to Michael Standings agency providing most of our players and managers on there? Difficult to make that one punchy I think.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 19:52:11 »

RE clem speaking one on one to fans…
Morfuni. Master manipulator. Spin doctor. Masters degree in Bullshit. Blokes a cowboy. Compulsive liar. Don’t care what he says anymore, get him, hall, Austin out of this club sharpish as it’s fucking stinking what’s happening.

also happy to contribute to any protests and know a fair few others who will also.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 21:08:42 »

The usual Facebook group Clem supporters club is actually overwhelmingly in agreement.

One usual suspect with a "why don't you buy the club"  Doh (i'm not convinced he is the full ticket) and one tool suggesting that because convicted UKs biggest cocaine importer Adam Hart isn't listed as involved in the club, he must not be  No

But yeah, 90% plus of the people aware of the issues seem to be in agreement and the tide is definitely turning. Just still a lot of people not on socials with no idea that need enlightening.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 21:14:21 »

A vocal protest is needed before the month is out.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 21:17:33 »

Think some people need reminding (if over a certain age) or educating (if under a certain age) that Mike Diamandis was never, ever listed as having a position at the club.

Massive difference then was we went into admin twice - something that made national news and every Town fan would have been aware of…now the ‘director loans’ can get somewhat hidden in the accounts.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 22:02:20 »

This chap on Facebook has just said he awaits for me to call him woke for sticking up for ex convicts rights to work.

His profile pictures are a shrine to being a 'wokerati' whatever that is and anti brexit.

These people are walking among us.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 22:10:51 »

A vocal protest is needed before the month is out.

Tranmere at home 20th January

Fans forum 30th January

Has to be done sooner rather than later and we need fans to be spreading the word. A few clicks and posts hear and there and it's a few thousand views in no time
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 22:11:36 »

Can’t prioritise helping to organise a protest. But if one is arranged I’ll be there, and very vocal about it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 22:38:35 »

@singingiiiffy

I think for some real traction, you need someone who has a link to someone who has their feet under the table at a decent media outlet or has a massive reach on social media.

Someone who used to post on here has a contact with someone at SportsJOE don't they?
I'm sure someone on here also has a very close link with someone at FourFourTwo as well?
Maybe someone has a link to David Squires as well?

Getting one or all of them to run an article in their preferred style of media, focussing on the misgivings of the club would draw more attention of course. Especially if it was relatively scathing or satirical {more for Squires or JOE, FFT would probably do something with a bit more balance}.

Then your social media reach needs someone like Ivo Graham to agree to post your {or a similar} flyer. Not a RT or share but an actual post direct from an account like that. His combined Twitter and Insta following is around 160k. So a potential reach easily in the millions.

Then you need an outlet that might discuss such postings, active protests and traction like a podcast that also has a decent reach. Get all of that viral, with the right strategy and then outlets like BBC Wilts have to at least recognise it and thus start talking about it, even if for them it is in a neutral or balanced way. Then your National Press start filtering into side columns or highlights on their websites, or if you've managed to source a contact in the National Press, possibly a feature of sorts.

All of that combined, with a growing visual presence  at home games of unrest and dissatisfaction and even the most ignorant and dissociative board members will take notice. They'll be inundated with media requests for comment on that particular theme, if they are silent it will also only add more traction - smoking them out for response gives two potential likely outcomes - complete denial and spin or some form of admission.

What's JayBox current stance with his relationship to the club with all things TiFo? If it's gone sour or quiet, maybe he could get a very large TiFo made based on your flyer? If he's still very much in bed with the current board then he's a cock {sorry JayBox but Clem is never bringing JS-W back...or maybe he will now that seems the calibre of player Town can acquire}.

Anyway, I'm just storming there but whatever the approach, for it to be really impactful, it needs a combined strategy like some of the ways listed above. Get people on the inside in the right places and then roll out your plan. You don't want it to be a 5Oish people in a corner of the stadia only as I think this will burn out as quickly as a match in the wind.

Happy for you to send me a PDF of the posters and I'll gladly make contact with a few people who might be able to do something. I would suggest a very good starting point could also be PandaPaws/Tel, formerly of this TEF Parish {may even be here under another account too} but he has some media connections I am sure.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 22:40:33 »

@Mods: Is it possible that this topic may need moving to the lounge and any said organisers being granted access?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 22:50:16 »

I appreciate the poster is set in a serious tone but might it worth adding something a bit more humoured about being Franchise feeder club.

For all of those who know about Adam Hart & Zav Austin - there will be a lot who for whatever reason don’t take in much more than on the pitch matters. Becoming a developmental club for Franchise is quite frankly embarrassing.

Just feel a point like that might speak to a slightly different crowd.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 22:53:25 »

@Mods: Is it possible that this topic may need moving to the lounge and any said organisers being granted access?

i wont quote the big one  Cheesy but good points well made
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: