Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Wrecsam matchday thread  (Read 18682 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:12:59 »

I've seen us play a lot worse than that, think we probably deserved a point with some of the chances we had.
Wasn't as bad as I was expecting, they were extremely average for the majority of the game I thought.

As we know, we're crying out for reinforcements and if we had them we could have run them down towards the end.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:15:01 »

No I know mate, no worries. Honestly, apart from the Khan one on one, I can’t think of any other clear cut chances for us. Wrexham, on the other hand, forced two excellent saves from Ward and went very close from a corner too. Lee also had a good one in the first half IIRC. Until maybe the last 10, I don’t really recall us having a proper chance. I don’t think we were abysmal, but don’t think we did enough for a draw. You may well see it different, which is fair enough.
Young missed a decent chance and hit the bar from another
adje

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:16:16 »

Young missed a decent chance and hit the bar from another
Yep and Cain right at the death

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:17:25 »

I think Disney were just above average on teams we have seen here this season, their left back was decent but the rest average. We are such a shambles anyone looks golf decent.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:17:48 »

Yep and Cain right at the death

I must be getting old as I can’t remember the Cain one, but yeah, maybe upon reflection we did have enough chances to grab a point. Frustrating to see such a free flowing side early in the season go in the complete opposite direction. The lack of potency in attack, despite having Young and Kemp, is a big worry
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:20:58 »

Felt we were unlucky to not have got a draw. Wrexham's goal was an absolute gift and the rest of their chances were either from set prices or just punts from outside the area. We were wasteful with our chances and really should of found an equaliser.

Wrexham probably going up this season, certainly look to have done their research into league 2 and taken a page out of Steve Evens handbook with constant little fouls, time wasting and throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity. With a budget fit for the championship, they'll probably strengthen further come January as the media blush at the "fairytale".

Atmosphere crap from their goal to the red card but much improved after, Wrexham fans made less noise than Barrow. 12k isn't a sell out
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:28:34 by Lemis » Logged

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:21:48 »

I must be getting old as I can’t remember the Cain one, but yeah, maybe upon reflection we did have enough chances to grab a point. Frustrating to see such a free flowing side early in the season go in the complete opposite direction. The lack of potency in attack, despite having Young and Kemp, is a big worry

It was deflected and gave the keeper a fairly comfortable save,but he was in a good position on the edge of the 6 yard box.

UTR

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:22:47 »

Doesn’t matter what type of defeat it was, it’s 0 points on the board and that’s the main bit. Debating whether we were as shit as we expected to be is wasting time, although my take is we were crap until the sending off and then marginally better afterwards. Looked better with Brewitt on which you’d obviously expect when subbing on a CB to play CB instead of asking a midfielder to do it, unsure why he didn’t start, not like our back 3 looked good against Tranmere.

Fair play to Shade at least for having a go and getting some excitement going, Ward seems more vocal than Mahoney but unsure if that’s just because Mahoney had given up trying to organise that defence.

Rinse and repeat until change comes in January. Whether that’s good or bad change is yet to see.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:28:24 by UTR » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:24:20 »

What was the attendance all about, 12,200 odd? We were supposed to have sold ours (11,750) and Wrectum brought 1,500.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:24:27 »

Michael Flynn. Maybe starting with an available centre half may have prevented the first goal. Maybe not but, I don't understand why Brewitt didn't start. Flynn himself said we were better when he came on

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:30:49 »

What was the attendance all about, 12,200 odd? We were supposed to have sold ours (11,750) and Wrectum brought 1,500.

Hodgetts said they may have brought another 1000 but for the train strike. Hope we pocketed their ticket money anyway.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:32:50 »

Hodgetts said they may have brought another 1000 but for the train strike. Hope we pocketed their ticket money anyway.

There aren’t ever trains on Boxing Day, are there?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:34:53 »

Mahoney out for the rest of the season
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:35:28 »

Since October 3rd

L Notts 1-3
L Bradford 0-1
L Reading 0-5
W Newport 2-0
D Salford 2-2
L Gills 0-1
L MK 2-3
L Aldershot 4-7 (7-0 down)
L Colchester 1-3
L Stockport 2-4
D Harrogate 1-1
L Exeter 0-1
W Mansfield 2-1 (last minute winner)
W Accrington 4-3 (almost threw away 4-0 lead)
L Wimbledon 0-4
L Barrow 0-3
L Tranmere 1-2
L Wrexham 0-1

P 18 W3 D2 L13 
F 22 A 45

adje

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2023, 17:36:45 »

Doesn’t matter what type of defeat it was, it’s 0 points on the board and that’s the main bit. Debating whether we were as shit as we expected to be is wasting time,
Well of course the number of points is the same ,fair comment but are you saying if we'd have been thrashed(by double figures as some predicted) you would have felt the same? I think personally a performance like that second half,(one of the best 2nd half performances for a long time) surely gives a little cause for optimism?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: