Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC Transfer Rumours thread  (Read 43561 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 20:19:14 »

yeah. and 3+ years of working from home
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 20:20:06 »

yeah. and 3+ years of working from home

You back in the office in your new job🤔

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 20:22:15 »

yup. 35-50 minute commute traffic dependant

I'll get used to it. I needed some time in an office again. 3 days would be ideal but can't do that with this job
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 20:23:09 »

yup. 35-50 minute commute traffic dependant

I'll get used to it. I needed some time in an office again. 3 days would be ideal but can't do that with this job

That must be a shock to the system!

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 20:25:30 »

I watched that game in the bar I run, the owner agreed to let me put the sound on, given it was still covid restriction central if people wanted to leave to queue for a couple of hours in sub zero temperatures to get in elsewhere then so be it, we knew they wouldn't.

Anyway, as is often the case, the once in a blue moon (see a different thread and Man City folk lore) we were on TV, there was a tourist who was also a Swindon fan in the bar that night.  That's it really, we managed to see eachother later on and have a drink.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 20:29:46 »

Was that in the Ski resort

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 20:34:27 »

It was, yeah.  Was a crazy time, literally people queuing for hours to get in bars.  Fortunately it did give us a very reasonable threat to people refusing to obey the rules layed down by the government, behave and keep your table or let the people waiting outside take your place and you go to the back of another queue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 20:39:02 »

Are you going back there in the winter or has that chapter closed

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 20:45:49 »

I've been here all summer too, will be heading home Sunday or Monday for 6 or 7 weeks.  I've been here since 2005, mostly winters obviously, it's actually my legal address since Brexit. 

I'd be in the same industry if I moved home, all my closest friends these days are still either in the same resort or settled close by, I really miss family and STFC every week but I watch every game online, I'm here for the long haul now.  Honestly I want to buy the bar I've been in all that time.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 20:46:57 »

Nice one Tom hope it pans out well for you.

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 20:52:47 »

Thanks, it was only ever supposed to be 1 winter but a fractured vertebrae in April of that winter and missing the end made me want to go back for one more, unfinished business if you will.  Found my place in the world I guess.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 21:02:15 »

As an aside we had over a foot of snow between Monday and Tuesday, even here that is not normal in August.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 21:45:20 »

Much easier to get away from such a high price point player than it is to get there, would probably take 2 hits (3 transfers) to get up that high.  From Salah's price you can literally go to any other player you want in midfield and even taking hits to make the extra 1 or 2 transfers to spread the money around is OK if he's definitely gone and therefore not getting you any points in the week he leaves.

Fantasy draft is different though, only one person on the league can “own” a player. So I can only replace with free agent.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 22:01:24 »

Fantasy draft is different though, only one person on the league can “own” a player. So I can only replace with free agent.

Apologies, I misread, I omitted the word 'draft' completely from my understanding of your sentence.  A group of us tried the draft system the first season it was introduced and none of us saw it through.  I'm very engaged with the main game so I sometimes forget the draft is there. 

Have you played it since conception or have you started this season?  I wanted it to be a fun alternative to begin with but for whatever reason never continued with it.

Interestingly there is an 'Anti FPL' community which uses the official points and values etc. whereby you have to get the worst score possible using a certain amount of budget with players actaully playing otherwise incurring a 'fine'. 

I only heard of this just before the start of this season and then forgot to find it.  I think it could be fun, Salah and Haaland on everyone's benches then loads of 4M defenders who will never return any points but play every minute.  Good idea.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 08:49:15 »

Cole Palmer off to Chelsea

Yep, I see Poch's traditional aspiration to work with a small squad continues to be fully respected and adopted by the top brass at Chelsea, do you think he is going to make it to Christmas?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: