Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC Transfer Rumours thread  (Read 42342 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 15:10:50 »

I'd imagine the 6 months thing is because we can't afford to commit beyond that period at that rate - and we are getting them because we are taking on their contracts and the original club has already told the player they will be gone in the summer.  They get next to no financial hit to move to us, but do get some minutes.  It's all about what the Options we have entail - I suppose for some players, it will be worth the risk of being on less next season to be sure they have a contract, for others they may see it as an opportunity to invite bids from other places in the summer.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 15:45:51 »

if all we are prepared to offer is 6 months with a club-triggered option after that (as appears to be the case) then it is understandable if 18 months in Grimsby is better from a financial perspective.

The preference for 6 month contracts does pose some troubling questions. Hopefully we see some on longer term deals this afternoon.

Honestly, i don't really blame the club for offering just a 6 month deal. The lad's spent most of his career injured.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #512 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 15:48:17 »

Honestly, i don't really blame the club for offering just a 6 month deal. The lad's spent most of his career injured.
We didnt get to offer him a deal, he left before any negotiations started because he wasnt happy with the way we do things.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 15:49:13 »

We didnt get to offer him a deal, he left before any negotiations started because he wasnt happy with the way we do things.

To be fair to him, neither are most of us
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 16:09:16 »

Spoof in the Tap n Barrel bogs?

Clems Army!
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 16:20:19 »

Tom Nichols on his way to Mansfield
AbraMoDabre

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 17:02:00 »

Tom Nichols on his way to Mansfield

Confirmed by Mansfield.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #517 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 10:38:20 »

Confirmed by Mansfield.
Money + league position talks.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 10:42:41 »

Not too worried about missing out on him reminds a little of Elliot Benyon who was also a neat, tidy footballer but never a prolific scorer.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2024, 11:59:13 »

This is pretty basic stuff, but I thought there was elements of interest in what happens during the transfer window. It's not Swindon related but at Cambridge but some may find it interesting nonetheless.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: