Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC Transfer Rumours thread  (Read 43349 times)
DMC

« Reply #285 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 10:46:45 »

But the PL is at least paid for, largely, by us mugs paying for Sky etc. Who is actually watching the Saudi league. Where’s the interest? Maybe it’ll morph into something more mainstream over time but even the PL is wearing a bit thin I reckon.
I suppose their thought process is once they have the structure and players that revenue will start coming
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 10:48:22 »

I just can't see that happening. No one will ever care about these clubs. This is the Chinese Super League 2.0

Players will make some money but then it will burn out.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 11:01:57 »

I suppose their thought process is once they have the structure and players that revenue will start coming

Dunno if its been sorted now but theyb were struggling to find any broadcaster to cough up to show it in the UK.

On a similar vein I note that the Saudi national team are playing two friendlies at St James Park, that hot bed of Saudi football support!
DMC

« Reply #288 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 12:08:45 »

I think it will take off i really do

They are also taking academy coaches , directors of football over as well. 
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 12:19:17 »

Maybe it's already starting to through Middle Eastern interest? beIN sports, merch sales etc. Just because Brits/Europeans aren't watching, doesn't mean there's not a market.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 12:22:59 »

Maybe it's already starting to through Middle Eastern interest? beIN sports, merch sales etc. Just because Brits/Europeans aren't watching, doesn't mean there's not a market.

I think the real objective is getting the world cup isn't it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 12:36:10 »

I suspect it could be more than that, this looks a bit like LiV - a way of making Saudi Arabia get into the sports that influence the world, then use that to enhance their own position in that world.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 12:38:51 »

Exactly with 4OOm+ population in the Middle East, there is market there anyway and many of those nations bloody love their footy. Of course if they get granted access to the ECL then that just opens up exposure to an established European market. People will watch because the ''big names'' will be there and so on. Be like watching an exhibition league of Harlem Globetrotters A, B, C D, etc

I think it's likely. Although I think FIFA have ambitions of making a tournament possible in Antarctica first, before returning to the Oil rich badlands of the Middle East. They even state that the opening ceremony will be Directed by Emperor Pen Gwin Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 12:47:15 »

Surely after Qatar there won’t be another one in the Middle East.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 12:48:03 »

I suspect it could be more than that, this looks a bit like LiV - a way of making Saudi Arabia get into the sports that influence the world, then use that to enhance their own position in that world.

Possibly. As mentioned, the Middle East does have a continent sized population, Saudi makes up for about a tenth of it I think. I'm surprised that the Middle East has never officially become an ''eighth'' continent both politically and geographically. Especially with several already having pan-region borders like a few Eurasian and Arabian/Persian/Afro Asian{?} type ones. Although that would probably upset many of the men in suits who draw lines across a globe in order to keep us all in our rightful boxes  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 10:39:16 »

Sky Sports News understands Sevilla, Fiorentina and Club Brugge are all interested in taking Brighton midfielder Steven Alzate on loan.

Alzate has one year remaining on his Seagulls contract and spent last season on loan at Standard Liege.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #296 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 07:44:36 »

A few people have been suggesting we go for Harrogates Luke Armstrong, I am guessing that the £500k wanted by 'Gate is a bit out of our reach!

https://the72.co.uk/2023/08/25/wrexham-mk-dons-must-pay-six-figure-fee-to-sign-27-year-old-striker-report-claims/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 11:44:54 »

Wrexham look like signing Brandon Hanlan from Wycombe 38 goals in 228 games. Jeez, thought they’d aim higher than that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #298 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 11:47:45 »

Wrexham look like signing Brandon Hanlan from Wycombe 38 goals in 228 games. Jeez, thought they’d aim higher than that.
They were frightened off by the £500k put on Luke Armstrongs head when they enquired last week.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 13:26:59 »

Charlton looking to offload Payne.

Yet another one filed under “went pear shaped after Swindon.”
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: