Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC Transfer Rumours thread  (Read 44629 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 20:23:25 »

We all seem to talk favourably about the nice parts in the area when using attraction as to why they would choose an area...but let's face it, no player is going to stay in the centre of Swindon, middle of Mansfield or middle of Oldham ....but they would most likely if they like country living, be happy to stay at Marlborough in Rural Wiltshire, Beautiful Edensor in the Peak District, Alderley Edge in Rural Cheshire, and Greenfield or Saddleworth in the Southern Pennines which is literally about twenty mins from the middle of Manchester or fifteen mins to Oldham. If city or metropolis life are what they enjoy then for Swindon footballers that becomes a bit more difficult without extra travel...they'd have to opt for living in say Bristol which isn't really a stones throw away like Manny is to Oldham or as conveniently close as Nottingham or Sheff is to Mansfield. Even Chesterfield becomes a great prospect if we're talking location and proximity to best of both for players.

Also if they really wanted to stay in the Norf and already lived in a leafy part of Leeds like Roundhay, they would still have only a forty five min commute to Oldham - granted a similar commute from Bristol to Swindon on a good day but without uprooting everyone.

I don't think it's particularly right to compare rural wiltshire with the outskirts of suburban Manny when Swindon itself is a bit of a shithole {and yes there are plenty worse in the country}. Let's compare a bit more like for like JJ, you tinker Wink

We all know there are plenty of gorgeous places to live all over the UK and for a Pro footy player, where money isn't so much of a struggle, then they have the fortune of being able to live somewhere rather nice and pleasant - even if the local shithole happens to be where they ply their trade, it doesn't mean they have to live right amongst it  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 20:23:50 »

The wage gap is closing between L2 and the Confernece and in some cases the lower division can exceed L2.

I expect he has roots and family in the North but for me there is no contest in where to live, the green fields and downs of beautiful Wiltshire (and the surrounding area) vs the grim wet surrounds of the Greater Manchester urban suburbs.

Its no contest for me, Wiltshire would win 100 times out of 100.

‘The wage gap is closing between L2 and the Confernece and in some cases the lower division can exceed L2.’

So lemme guess this right. A player is prepared to drop a division (maybe two) because of more money? Rather than a contract with a higher division club who are likely to be contenders for promotion. Now I realise before some clever arse starts a bigger picture debate on the minutiae of such shenanigans but I’d give more truck to a player coming here for the potential and his future career than one just looking for an enhanced payday.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 20:34:21 »

There are plenty of factors that don't just include money

'Incessant Nonsense'

UTR

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 22:19:08 »

‘The wage gap is closing between L2 and the Confernece and in some cases the lower division can exceed L2.’

So lemme guess this right. A player is prepared to drop a division (maybe two) because of more money? Rather than a contract with a higher division club who are likely to be contenders for promotion. Now I realise before some clever arse starts a bigger picture debate on the minutiae of such shenanigans but I’d give more truck to a player coming here for the potential and his future career than one just looking for an enhanced payday.

Depends on career trajectory for me. If a player is 27 and realistically isn’t going to touch higher than League One then I can see the sense in them dropping down to a moneybags conference side if they’re offering stupid money.

Same with the Saudi expansion. If a premier league player is 26 and realistically isn’t going to get higher than maybe one season in European competition then they’d be silly to turn down a Saudi team offering a massive wage bump.

If it’s a up and coming player with their future uncapped infront of them then it’s different but to me if someone is willing to give you stupid money and you’re not likely to go much higher than where you are then I can’t blame you for taking it.

Imagine you’re a Swindon fan who is a professional player thats 28, you’ve experienced a promotion or 2 before , what’s an extra promotion worth for a team like Burton that you don’t care about Vs a high wage bump that could set your family up for a good few years
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 22:38:20 by UTR » Logged
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 18:55:36 »

Back to JMT training with us. I’ve just read a tweet that Big Dunc never played him towards the end of the season even though he was fit. We may have benefitted as JMT wasn’t going to stick around with him in charge. Let’s hope we’ve already signed him up given the news today.

Sorry about that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 19:47:49 »

Jinx
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 01:18:37 »

Jinx

Nah Batch, their name is Kaufman, it's above where their avatar would be. C'mon fella - keep up  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2023, 13:09:20 »

Wrexham have supposedly bid 500k for Tshimanga who started up front against us last night for Posh.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 10:47:18 »

Kane seemingly off to Bayern. Quite an interesting and exciting transfer if he goes for it.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 11:02:05 »

Wrexham have supposedly bid 500k for Tshimanga who started up front against us last night for Posh.
Was prolific in the NL for Boreham Wood and Chesterfield, but only signed permanently for Posh in the summer. Suppose stranger things have happened.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 11:27:18 »

Kane seemingly off to Bayern. Quite an interesting and exciting transfer if he goes for it.

I had literally put him into my FPL team thinking he'd stay at Spurs. Shows what the hell I know!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 11:39:37 »

About bloody time

The fact a player of his quality hasnt won any trophies is a travesty
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 11:54:44 »

I had literally put him into my FPL team thinking he'd stay at Spurs. Shows what the hell I know!

I begrudgingly picked a fantasy league team that's got Kane in it too. Might make him captain.

Last season I picked the worst team I could and called them Oxford United.

About bloody time

The fact a player of his quality hasnt won any trophies is a travesty

Agreed, although as much as I dislike them, I'd have preferred him to go to Real Madrid

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 12:32:42 »

Part of me thinks he wont want to go, never shown any real desire to leave Spurs and has always seemed happy.  Then again Bayern woudn't have kept coming back in with bids if they hadn't already tapped him and knew he fancied the move.

Good luck to him, guaranteed at least one trophy next season
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 12:37:42 »

Part of me thinks he wont want to go, never shown any real desire to leave Spurs and has always seemed happy.  Then again Bayern woudn't have kept coming back in with bids if they hadn't already tapped him and knew he fancied the move.

Good luck to him, guaranteed at least one trophy next season

If they can get it done today/tomorrow he likely wins a trophy on Saturday!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: