Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC Transfer Rumours thread  (Read 43474 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 10:32:55 »

When this was in the transfer rumours thread I was going to post this but then it disappeared.  Transfer rumours is a hypothetical thread right, so why do people get so angsty when somebody posts a negative rumour, i don't get it..  The whole point of a rumours thread is that you read it and then make your own mind up as to whether you believe it or not.

People getting themselves worked up because Cowley posts something that may or may not be true is like people getting angry with Trump for suggesting injecting bleach into yourself will cure Covid.  Make your own mind up, but getting angry at the person delivering the message on a forum is a bit weird.

I used to see it with Duke as well.  Maybe the Transfer rumours thread should be renamed to the Positive Transfer rumours only thread.

I think the recent pushback on Cowley has been to do with inconsistency more than negativity - he's gone from 3 in 4 out this week to all our signings will the loans in the space of three or four days. ITK stuff will always be difficult because things change and they won't always be right, and a lot of "ITKers" are in fact making shit up/hanging round in the car park. The reaction has always been the same and people still post it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #181 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 10:42:32 »

When this was in the transfer rumours thread I was going to post this but then it disappeared.  Transfer rumours is a hypothetical thread right, so why do people get so angsty when somebody posts a negative rumour, i don't get it..  The whole point of a rumours thread is that you read it and then make your own mind up as to whether you believe it or not.

People getting themselves worked up because Cowley posts something that may or may not be true is like people getting angry with Trump for suggesting injecting bleach into yourself will cure Covid.  Make your own mind up, but getting angry at the person delivering the message on a forum is a bit weird.

I used to see it with Duke as well.  Maybe the Transfer rumours thread should be renamed to the Positive Transfer rumours only thread.
This.

I dont get berating people for supplying info that doesnt come true, its a transfer rumours thread (or the other one is Smiley )

There is far more bollocks posted than what Cowley is being accused of.

And its rumours, so of course its going to be inconsistant, some will hit some will miss the mark, also as nemo states things can move fast in football, one day things are ready to go and the next its all off again, look back to Theo Robinson and Danny Wilson.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 11:35:34 »

For those who like Matchday Food!

* IMG_4799.PNG (570.7 KB, 1223x1713 - viewed 138 times.)

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #183 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 12:24:58 »

Cowley is free to post any rumours.

I'm free to say he's full of shit.

You're free to moan about me saying he's full of shit.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 12:30:43 »

In complete fairness, at a quick glance a lot of the things you pulled up for Cowley were more opinion based predictions rather than facts or rumours.

You can be itk whilst also having poor takes on things. Having some poor takes doesn’t mean you can’t genuinely have a source somewhere for stfc.

That’s not to say I’m siding with or claiming Cowley is itk, just being fair.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 12:46:53 »

Where's Chang these days?  Hmmm
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 14:15:36 »

Just pointing out it is a bit weird, if that constitutes as a moan in the Social Media world these days, then it wouldn't surprise me one bit..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #187 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 18:26:46 »

Apologies.

*You're free to point out it's a bit weird
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 18:42:22 »

Where's Chang these days?  Hmmm
Bye
Peter Venkman

« Reply #189 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 17:17:30 »

I think Shade has to play the Anderson role behind a forward and be utterly free to wander.  I still do not think he is any good though, regardless of where he is played.  An athlete who bullied his way through youth football seems the likely outcome of his career.  Love to be wrong though.

Been saying this all season TBH.

Oh I am sure there is a player in there somewhere, he is strong, big and quick but his final ball is often scuffed badly, its like he needs to just learn to connect with the ball properly, a bit like Keshi in his early career with us in a similar position.

If he can find that decent final ball he will be a decent player I am sure.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 17:24:25 »

Having listened to the post melksham interview I wonder who the player we lost out on bracelet they wanted to go further north was. Happened in last couple of days. Sounds like the sort of investigative work PV likes...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #191 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 17:27:06 »

Having listened to the post melksham interview I wonder who the player we lost out on bracelet they wanted to go further north was. Happened in last couple of days. Sounds like the sort of investigative work PV likes...
Charlie Raglan I believe.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 17:32:35 »

Charlie Raglan I believe.

He wanted to go further north and to a lower division. Not sure what that says about the appeal of playing for Swindon.

I see Coughlans comments on BBC about losing his newport players and how tough it is wages wise right now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 17:36:09 »

He wanted to go further north and to a lower division. Not sure what that says about the appeal of playing for Swindon.

…that we aren’t in the north?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #194 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 17:54:52 »

I see Coughlans comments on BBC about losing his newport players and how tough it is wages wise right now.
The wage gap is closing between L2 and the Confernece and in some cases the lower division can exceed L2.

I expect he has roots and family in the North but for me there is no contest in where to live, the green fields and downs of beautiful Wiltshire (and the surrounding area) vs the grim wet surrounds of the Greater Manchester urban suburbs.

Its no contest for me, Wiltshire would win 100 times out of 100.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: