Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 2 completed transfers and L2 rumours 2023/24  (Read 59075 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 10:49:40 »

Accrington find themselves in a similar position to us where they have 24 pro's on the books already.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 10:57:03 »

Will be interesting to compare the final list at the end of this window with league positions at end of December then incorporate January signings & then look at final standings.

As it stands hopefully those teams taking a more considered approach & maybe looking at quality over quantity will end up doing better than the clubs that have been more prolific.  Smiley

Not an exact science of course as factors like starting point with existing numbers have to be taken into account and that's without taking budgets into account.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 11:00:46 »

But surely it’s better to sign shit players quickly than to wait and try and sign some quality.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 11:03:06 »

I’m assuming not otherwise we would have 3 (Austin & Brewitt)

Nope officially a contract extension mate.

Fair enough Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #214 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 11:05:56 »

But surely it’s better to sign shit players quickly than to wait and try and sign some quality.
Its a tough one, do you sign players now who seem to fit in your style or do you wait and hope players become available later in the window who may have to shoehorn into your style (Lyndseyesque) or you change your style to accomodate their strenghts.

Maybe its better to get a few more on now so they can integrate with the squad and get fitness to a better level and then reassess in January?

Last season we seemed to be playing catch up with other teams on fitness and squad cohesion from the off.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DMC

« Reply #215 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 11:17:40 »

League 2 completed transfers and rumours only please guys  Grin
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 11:19:55 »

I would be interested to know the number of released players at the end of last season compared to signings. I am sure it is all relative.

Closest I had to that was current squad sizes

In case people wanted some numbers to back up their vague feeling of panic/derision of those with a vague sense of panic, here's each team's current squad size:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-two/startseite/wettbewerb/GB4

We're basically middling on squad size, low on new signings. So probably low-ish if you take it as a combined score, but there are definitely teams far worse off.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 7, 2023, 11:22:54 by Nemo » Logged
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 12:22:09 »

Not L2 related, but still a vested interest, York have joined the big money club and have signed some players who were destined for L2 and above such as Tyler Corner (for a large fee) and now in pole position for Andrew Dallas and Jesse Debrah. The money in conference now is huge.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #218 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 12:23:14 »

Not L2 related, but still a vested interest, York have joined the big money club and have signed some players who were destined for L2 and above such as Tyler Corner (for a large fee) and now in pole position for Andrew Dallas and Jesse Debrah. The money in conference now is huge.
I would like us to sign Andrew Dallas he looks a good prospect.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 17:32:21 »

Nick Powell signs for Stockport
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 17:33:36 »

Cordner and Debrah are probably the best two CBs in non league. Would've hoped we were looking at one of them.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 17:49:18 »

Cordner and Debrah are probably the best two CBs in non league. Would've hoped we were looking at one of them.

Dont be silly, we will probably end up signing Cian Harries on loan from Aldershot
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 18:11:39 »

Nick Powell signs for Stockport

Mental signing for League Two.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 18:24:09 »

Mental signing for League Two.

7k a week apparently
Jimmy HaveHave