Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers Match Day Thread  (Read 25269 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:08:56 »

Chucking it down here.
Just found shelter in pub that has Wobbly Bob on draught.
Hopefully game off or a case of relying on muscle memory to get to the ground.

Dulled senses are probably good for watching Swindon at the moment.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:09:00 »

I wonder if Jephcott has traveled

I can imagine us not playing him if we have decided we aren’t signing him next season
DMC

« Reply #77 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:11:11 »

To be fair if he’s signed a new contract I’d give Austin the rest of the season off definitely in terms of away matches and give him a personal fitness program so he’s in the best possible shape for next season. Pointless risking any long term injuries with him now.
That is absolutely right if that is what has happened. Do You think that is the way it would of happened?

I would love to see loads of changes today, play players who are likely to be here next seaon. My main worry is he is week by week leaving people out the squad, even as poor as Williams has been he didn't bring him on with the other 3 subs saturday so fuck knows what is going on
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:11:46 »

I can imagine us not playing him if we have decided we aren’t signing him next season

Expect a few more surprises then!

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:12:00 »

Morris has got a lot of self importance from what I’ve been told. Has very poor man management skills and barely speaks to the players.

Yes, rumours and innuendo possibly but heard similar from a group of people who were in the with the players friends/relations area prior to the Mansfield game.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
DMC

« Reply #80 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:12:44 »

I would question why a source close to him would need to mention it to Ryan Whelan.
Have they? It'll be the same person who has been leaking stuff the Whelan all season. Won't be the player
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:13:05 »

It’s all about context, though. Morris could have said ‘I’m giving you a rest tomorrow, Charlie. Take it easy and don’t bother travelling up’
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:13:38 »

Chucking it down here.
Just found shelter in pub that has Wobbly Bob on draught.
Hopefully game off or a case of relying on muscle memory to get to the ground.

Dulled senses are probably good for watching Swindon at the moment.
Excellent ale, had it in our local weatherspoons for a couple of days. Looked but never found it since.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:13:43 »

Have they? It'll be the same person who has been leaking stuff the Whelan all season. Won't be the player

Just wondering who the scource is😀

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:15:46 »

Don’t want to play Austin? Fair enough, but not taking your captain with the match day squad sends out a pretty poor message. Not like we have anyone on the bench (or the starting XI for that matter) who offers anything more
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:17:01 »

Sounds like everyone from top to bottom has given up already.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:18:12 »

Don’t want to play Austin? Fair enough, but not taking your captain with the match day squad sends out a pretty poor message. Not like we have anyone on the bench (or the starting XI for that matter) who offers anything more

We don't exactly travel on private jets, so I can well imagine a player being told to avoid the 8 hours of combined coach journeys.  However, a properly functioning club would realise it's not just some youth prospect we are talking about and sign post the missing player well before the game if that was the necessary decision.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:20:32 »

Bizarre way of doing it though.
Morris has done a pre match presser. He could have just as easily said there and then Austin won’t be travelling because with three games in a week and him being 33 he needs a rest and / or he’s got a slight injury.

This information coming out via a ‘journalist’ a few hours before kick off - smacks of someone not liking Morris and / or question the legitimacy of the alleged reasons.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:22:02 »

Pretty poor management dropping the captain and then telling him he isnt even travelling. Surely would be beneficial to have him there even if not playing?

You don’t suppose this was pre determined coming into the Easter schedule and therefore no need to tell him something he already knew?

Why would travelling to this game and not even being on the bench be beneficial? It’s Easter, the kids are home from Skool. CA & JM are seasoned pro’s their level of communication doesn’t need to be the same as everyone else’s.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:22:22 »

Bizarre way of doing it though.
Morris has done a pre match presser. He could have just as easily said there and then Austin won’t be travelling because with three games in a week and him being 33 he needs a rest and / or he’s got a slight injury.

This information coming out via a ‘journalist’ a few hours before kick off - smacks of someone not liking Morris and / or question the legitimacy of the alleged reasons.

I don’t think anyone likes Morris in all honesty.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: