Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers Match Day Thread  (Read 24695 times)
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 09:12:21 »

Rumour that austin has refused to travel

To be fair we haven’t done great since he’s been back. Maybe Morris said you’re 33 Im going to rest you for Monday but we want you in squad and he said piss off. I can see the scenario.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #46 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 09:13:00 »

Rumour that austin has refused to travel
If he has not travelled then it could be down to his lack of fitness rather than any falling out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 09:16:33 »

He was in flip flops limping after the Hartelpool game and then came out of the tunnel limping after the Mansfield game too. Saw them both with my own eyes.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 09:18:54 »

If he isn’t in the squad, it certainly won’t be because he’s ‘refused to travel’.
He isn’t that type of bloke.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 09:29:22 »

I do worry Austin next year could be a repeat of Matt Taylor in his second season. Still got it upstairs but without the legs to allow it.

No doubt he will get you goals, but he needs players around him to do the things he can’t do anymore. I am not sure Wakeling or RHM are the right pairing for him in a 2 and possibly only RHM suits a 3 up top alongside him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 09:54:17 »

Austin has signed a new contract, so I call bullshit on that one.

Dude, you can’t just come out and say shit like this.

You need to imply you know something but can’t say what it is but you definitely know something the rest of us don’t, honestly.

Then tell us what it is - after it’s announced because of course you knew all along before us.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 10:53:27 »

Ryan Whelan now reporting Austin hasn't travelled after Morris told him he was being rested.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/04/10/dont-bother-travelling-swindon-town-talisman-told-to-stay-at-home-exclusive/

Don't really mind giving him the game off if it's as simple as resting him, but hope there's not more to it. Whelan certainly heavily implying that there is in the article and otherwise on Twitter though.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 10, 2023, 10:57:30 by Nemo » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 10:56:04 »

Pre match pondering the pitfalls of unrequited love in The North Western.
Well, they don't go to see me when I'm bad do they.

Not sure why all of the locals are wearing Air Jordan 4 Retro Eminem 2017 trainers when only a few pairs were ever made available.

Don't think I could live here.
The audio visual onslaught of the plethora of cheeky chappies & chapesses would be unbearable.
Miserable scousers must exist as well.

Was chatting to a friend the other day who made mention of Mallory & Irvine.
Turns out Andrew Irvine was born in Birkenhead.
Also turns out that an attempt on Mt Everest, albeit a failed one is looking like a much easier proposition than STFC winning a football match.

But, like climbing Everest it will happen one day.

Anyway, enough of this bollocks, valuable drinking time is going to waste.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 10:57:09 »

‘ Austin is a legend at the County Ground and his return was celebrated by fans of the club. But according to a source close to the player, new manager Jody Morris has told the player to “not bother travelling” as he “won’t even be in the squad.” This is reportedly due to being “rested” for today’s game against Tranmere Rovers. Morris is in desperate need to turn around the poor form and leaving out his star striker may be considered a strange move by some fans.

The veteran striker has been put on ice, this Easter Monday. He won’t be in the matchday squad, and will use the time off for extra recovery at home.

Morris’ tenure has got off to a disasterous start with poor form, poor performances and some fans becoming disillusioned with the disasterous displays on the field.’
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 10:58:44 »

3 games in a week must be his logic

Adeloye to score a hattrick today soapy tit wank
« Last Edit: Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:01:03 by tans » Logged
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:00:59 »

No idea why you wouldn't have Austin on at least the bench? 70 minutes and the game is 0-0, who would you want to be brought on?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:11:48 »

Morris has got a lot of self importance from what I’ve been told. Has very poor man management skills and barely speaks to the players.

It’s getting very messy. I don’t think he will see out the season.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:20:41 »

Morris has got a lot of self importance from what I’ve been told. Has very poor man management skills and barely speaks to the players.

Have been told ref the same ref his interaction with the players, particularly those not in the starting eleven. All managers are different, but it doesn't sound like the best environment to me.

You can see the logic in resting Austin, but surely having him on the bench makes sense?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:20:55 »

So 40% Gossip 40% Bollocks 20% ITK
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:23:56 »

Austin has signed a new contract, so I call bullshit on that one.
Before Hartlepool someone told me he was definitely staying and sounded very convinced. He said it was due to loyalty to Clem more than anything.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: