Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 23682 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:25:47 »

I said 10th...  would be happy with 10th right now

I can't remember but I think I was raising a red flag to any hoped of play offs very early on.  The first two or three games were a big warning sign to me.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:25:50 »

Given Morris the benefit of the doubt until now.

We were AWFUL.

Terrible substitutions, no fight.

A disgrace to the travelling fans, of which I was one.

Brewitt, RHM, Williams and Austin seemed up for it.

The rest were a disgrace.

If anyone can explain how Shade lasted 90 mins I’d like to hear it?

Kadji is fucking awful. Why not try Clayton at DM?

We are as weak as piss and SDM, Clem and Aberdeen can all piss right off if they think this is in any way acceptable.

We are rank bad, tinpot and out of our depth.

Pathetic. Embarrassing.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:26:01 »

I don't base my view on stats - i base it on watching every game so far this season.

so you're watching it but still don't see it. I feel for you

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:26:28 »

Could it possibly be that Morris got a good job at Chelsea, because he was a former player who stuck around for long enough? This is his first test isn’t it? He’s been at a big club but there is no evidence at all that he’s a good manager, yet.

However disjointed the squad may be, I’m surprised by how poor we have been for the past two months.

Well he spent some time at Derby too and did ok there.

I mentioned when Town targeted him that I felt it best that he would make a good Assistant here but not as an out and out Manager (yet). Was prepared to give him a chance as anything was better surely. But we can't ignore the fact that he has come in with his hands tied behind his back and has had almost zero say on the assembly of the squad. Yes, he can probably do better tactically but even so, conceding late is player management (self managed on the pitch) and game management. The players are to blame/not experienced enough in not being able to deal with that.

It's not all tactical, I don't think it's even totally about lack of talent, it is seemingly a psychological block and once that sticks it's hard to get out of the mind. Look at Pérez in F1 over the weekend so far. There's compounded problems, which don't then help if you can't fully focus mentally. Town's personnel don't currently appear to know how to get themselves over the line.

Should be better than this. Across all departments.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:28:11 »

Given Morris the benefit of the doubt until now.

We were AWFUL.

Terrible substitutions, no fight.

A disgrace to the travelling fans, of which I was one.

Brewitt, RHM, Williams and Austin seemed up for it.

The rest were a disgrace.

If anyone can explain how Shade lasted 90 mins I’d like to hear it?

Kadji is fucking awful. Why not try Clayton at DM?

We are as weak as piss and SDM, Clem and Aberdeen can all piss right off if they think this is in any way acceptable.

We are rank bad, tinpot and out of our depth.

Pathetic. Embarrassing.

All valid.

Morris tactically has shown tendencies to change things logically so far despite the shit circumstances, but bringing on Kadji over Clayton makes me question his sanity let alone his opinions on Association Football.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:38:25 »

I'm glad Hawes has asked "the" question regarding 1 win in 11. Also presses him further.

I really do like Hawes. Not everyone's cup of tea bug he is fair and as commentators go, we're blessed to have him in our ears.

Morris response was calm, measured, honest and open.

I'll let NMH do his thing transcribing if he has any heart to do so

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:46:46 »

He’s not blameless but I felt for Morris a bit whilst listening to the post match interview. Reminds me of the final few games of the first Wellens season, where it was clear to everyone that majority of the group aren’t good enough for where we want to be but he couldn’t come out and be completely honest with what he wanted to say because had to get them up for another 7/8 games.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:47:00 »

so you're watching it but still don't see it. I feel for you

No, I just don't have the memory of a goldfish like you seem to have. I remember watching Gillingham away against 10 men and questioning my sanity.  But now we are in a similar situation with a poorer squad but worse results (hardly surprising) and a rookie manager that everyone seems to expect to be able to turn this group into league winners in 11 games.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:47:28 »

Morris:
- The second half. They deserved to win. First half we were by far the better team
- They didnt offer much or threaten in the first half
- They started better in the second half
- We stopped making urgent angles. We took too many touches in midfield. Ultimately too many mistakes allowing them to threaten our goal
- We had chances to counter and get a second. But didnt have quality or make right decisions
- Then we looked fragile and lost shape because of them prodding and challenging us
- Once they scored they looked like the only team who would score
- If you dont make enough passes in the second half then you can't be called a passing side!
- We kept making wrong decisions and didnt get into positions to receive the ball
- We then got frustrated with ourselves
- They were spending too much time in our half, where we didnt get tight enough or block enough
- We should have taken the sting out of them by making better passes, having a rest and then taking our opportunities to score a second when they came.
- Finishing and decision making were poor
- We are struggling when we are controlling games. When other teams make changes, or change formations, players need to be able to be able to see it and adapt without being told
- When its as loud as it is here, the management team can't tell everyone what to do and make everyone hear on the other side of the pitch. They need to do this themselves
- Morris looks internally. He knows where the problems lie, but he can't do anything about it. He can't add experience or players in positions where we are weak
- There are things that have gone on in the last 5 games where we should have got points. Thats where you need experience at the ends of the park where we are fragile.
- Having said that, Morris acknowledged the buck stops with him. But he can't instill confidence or experience onto players who can't adapt
- A dozen are contracted to come back. Will he need to convince the board of radical change?: The model is great. Its good if you can develop and sell players on. But, in order to do that, you need more than one or 2 players who have just played a lot of games. You need people who are used to helping others, guiding players and digging players out of difficulties.
- The best ways to make fragile players better is through winning football matches. We need experience in important positions to do that. What you 'can do' and what you 'need to do' are sometimes two different things.

(Note: Basically said the players weren't good enough and there wasn't enough experience in the right positions to be able to help develop younger players into saleable assets)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:50:16 »

Clem/Sandro listen to Morris and what most of us fans have been saying all season. We need more experience in the team not just rookies who may or may not make the grade.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:50:22 »

I'm glad Hawes has asked "the" question regarding 1 win in 11. Also presses him further.

I really do like Hawes. Not everyone's cup of tea bug he is fair and as commentators go, we're blessed to have him in our ears.

Morris response was calm, measured, honest and open.

I'll let NMH do his thing transcribing if he has any heart to do so
Agree about Hawes

Was interested to hear what drivel Morris was going to come out with! Basically blamed lack of experienced players in the team.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
kaufman

« Reply #371 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:51:28 »

A pattern is emerging to my ears that Morris sounds like the pundit everyone agrees with at the end of a game.
The proof will be in the banoffee once he has the players he clearly lacks in the current squad.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:52:31 »

Morris also comes across as very calm or just not interested in his interviews

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:53:52 »

The fact that Sandro is even still in post after the January shambles is on Clem

You don’t get promoted with lightweight youth players in a physical dominated league.

IT AINT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:54:21 »

The fact that Sandro is even still in post after the January shambles is on Clem

You don’t get promoted with lightweight youth players in a physical dominated league.

IT AINT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE

Some think he's not been there for weeks and weeks.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: