Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 24252 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:14:21 »

Corsham compound Westcountry calamity via cup competition exit. Connor completes calculated crushing of Swindon Town, Charlie can't convert! Clem continues cock-up. Commiserations.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:15:15 »

It's a, compounded failure. Stop being a complete dickhead

I haven’t said otherwise have I?
Not me burying my head in the sand at Morris’ ineptitude & making excuse.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:16:11 »

Ok,apart from Khadji,who of those who played today,is absolutely shite?
Genuine question. My blame of the management team has gone up to 99% in the space of 2 minutes
Perhaps the majority are exactly what our league position suggests, bottom half league 2 players with an occasional performance that flatters to deceive.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:17:20 »

go back and look at the stats. You'll be surprised.
Especially goals conceded and disciplinary

I don't base my view on stats - i base it on watching every game so far this season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:17:29 »

No idea why you think we're a decent side.  We've won 5 games sine the end of October, and even before then weren't great apart from Mansfield away.

I said in mid Sept that we looked like a lower mid table team and unfortunately we've done nothing to address it.

We have some players that individually in a different team that can hide their weaknesses, would do well. As a team though, it just doesn't work.

The recruitment has been fucking shambolic and as much as I'd love to have Sandro hung drawn and quartered for it.....its Clems direction that he is working under.

Clem nobody minds you making a few quid on player sales when they do well. Problem is mate, they have to actually do well and the club has to be doing well for that to happen.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:17:57 »

Is someone in your house singing Jodi Morris songs at you or something?  I don't see anyone giving him a free pass here.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:19:09 »

It would be interesting to see how our likely league position matches up with pre season predictions . I am sure that no one thought we would finish somewhere between 11 th to 15 th
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:19:14 »

Indeed, there is more than enough blame to go around for everyone to take a share, aside maybe from Austin.  He, as far as I can tell, is the only person who seems to have actually performed in the job he is employed to do, and guess what? he's the only fucking one experienced at doing it!

I'm not ready to write off Morris, but his recruitment is another example of bringing in someone with no experience to talk of in doing what they have been asked to do.  He may have a bright future ahead of him, he may have that here, and in a season where you have great foundations, maybe he works out for us.  This season was not that.

Everything, from top to bottom, is being infected by inexperience.  None of  them have the immediate talent to overcome that - yes youth can be better than experienced shit, but we haven't employed that, anywhere.  We have employed 23+ players amongst whom you can barely put a couple of hundred Div 4 or above games together from.

Our Management teams have never done the job before.

Our Head of Recruitment knew how to hob nob with people at Cheltenham races but the square root of fuck all when it comes to running a Football Operations Dept.

Even our well meaning CEO has never even worked in the football industry and is flanked by a convicted Money Launderer (drug related) who seems to think his time is well spent in Pakistan earning a few quid and an ex-pro's Son who barely had a pro career and seems to have some business in horses but isn't really here, or maybe is.

Our owner knows how to fit out pipes and AC.

None of that should make our current situation surprising.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:19:38 »

Is someone in your house singing Jodi Morris songs at you or something?  I don't see anyone giving him a free pass here.

I fucking hope not - I’m the only here (as far as I’m aware!)

No, not this week admittedly. Feels like he’s got a free pass from the majority up to this point.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:20:12 »

Burying head in the sand. Funny.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:20:21 »

Indeed, there is more than enough blame to go around for everyone to take a share, aside maybe from Austin.  He, as far as I can tell, is the only person who seems to have actually performed in the job he is employed to do, and guess what? he's the only fucking one experienced at doing it!

I'm not ready to write off Morris, but his recruitment is another example of bringing in someone with no experience to talk of in doing what they have been asked to do.  He may have a bright future ahead of him, he may have that here, and in a season where you have great foundations, maybe he works out for us.  This season was not that.

Everything, from top to bottom, is being infected by inexperience.  None of  them have the immediate talent to overcome that - yes youth can be better than experienced shit, but we haven't employed that, anywhere.  We have employed 23+ players amongst whom you can barely put a couple of hundred Div 4 or above games together from.

Our Management teams have never done the job before.

Our Head of Recruitment knew how to hob nob with people at Cheltenham races but the square root of fuck all when it comes to running a Football Operations Dept.

Even our well meaning CEO has never even worked in the football industry and is flanked by a convicted Money Launderer (drug related) who seems to think his time is well spent in Pakistan earning a few quid and an ex-pro's Son who barely had a pro career and seems to have some business in horses but isn't really here, or maybe is.

Our owner knows how to fit out pipes and AC.

None of that should make our current situation surprising.

This is spot on. Group of non football people running things and this is the result. Ben Chorley masterminded last year
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:21:55 »

I fucking hope not - I’m the only here (as far as I’m aware!)

No, not this week admittedly. Feels like he’s got a free pass from the majority up to this point.

You fail at every juncture to understand that people simply give him a bit more rope because of the shit sandwich he's been dealt.

He's still failed. But it isn't the same circumstances as Scott Lindsey had coming in on 31 January, is it?

Still, I'm sure Big Dunc would have done better.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:25:10 by ChalkyWhiteIsGod » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:21:58 »

The only players I would be genuinly disapointed to see leave out of this lot would be FBT, George Mc, Austin and maybe Lavinier.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:22:56 »

It would be interesting to see how our likely league position matches up with pre season predictions . I am sure that no one thought we would finish somewhere between 11 th to 15 th

I said 10th...  would be happy with 10th right now

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:23:47 »

Ok,apart from Khadji,who of those who played today,is absolutely shite?
Genuine question. My blame of the management team has gone up to 99% in the space of 2 minutes

We don't have out and out shit in the first team right now - OK, Kadji and Adeloye are in that squad and I would say are not good enough for this Division right now.

The rest, bar Austin, are OK.   Nobody dominates their position though.  Nobody else is going to be getting into a team of the year fir this Division, are they?

Take Hutton - he has some good qualities.  I think I'd like a player like him in a Div 4 squad, to work on and improve.  problem is, he's one of our best players!  That is not good enough.  He is a defensive liability - as shown by his fly by on that late goal where he jumped out wide and left a player in the middle/edge of the box.  Impetuous - trying to do the right thing, but not enough between the ears yet to understand how exposed he was leaving the danger area.

The squad, and first team, is full of them.  You can pick all of them and think of some good stuff.  You can identify some glaring weaknesses though.  Mix it all together and it's not a good fit.

Someone will chuck an FBT at me - I'll challenge you on him.  He is no better than Rob Hunt - which is not bad.  You need a few like him in your squad.  Consistent for the most part, 6/7 out of ten.  There is a reason a struggling L1 team didn't play him though.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: