Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Energy company switch  (Read 20714 times)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 08:08:06 »

.....and the crocodile tears falling from the mouths of the energy industry will help no one. I was forcibly moved to Shell Energy....do Shell control the whole business,  from production to retail. And their profits go on mounting. A hefty windfall tax is the only answer.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 08:15:35 »

Between 2010 and 2018 less than 1% of Shell's long-term investments went into renewables. If they were seriously interested in turning the energy market round for the future, rather than spouting weakly words, I would be more inclined to listen to them.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 06:59:47 »

ouch. was always going up, but it's massive hike to the cap in October

£1,971 to £2800

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61562657
Calculated to be around a 42% hike on top off the 50% we have already seen.

Announced this morning as an 80% hike, typical energy bill from £1,971 to £3,549. Jesus Christ that's a lot of money.

£295.75

Universal Credit in total is £265.41, so that now doesn't even cover an energy bill.

Just don't know how the majority of people are going to cope. Not just the very poorest, the majority. Christ on several bikes.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 07:17:37 »

Expect anarchy to break out on the streets in mid winter if the government don't intervene. Watching Martin Lewis this morning getting rarely passionate/upset you know we're in trouble.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 26, 2022, 07:28:33 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 07:31:19 »

Where the fuck is the regulator for this? Oil companies with record profits. Obscene.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 07:32:22 »

Where the fuck is the regulator for this? Oil companies with record profits. Obscene.

Regulators apply the laws. The laws need to change, that's on the government.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 07:40:44 »

I assumed laws were already in place with caps, why are they changing them when oil prices are static?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 07:56:26 »

I assumed laws were already in place with caps, why are they changing them when oil prices are static?

That question needs to be urgently addressed by the new prime minister as the knock on effect from this increase could be catastrophic.

So, give no fucks
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 08:11:55 »

The proverbial will hit the fan for most in this country.

What can you do though? You can only afford what you can afford. For us that's £150 per month, gone up by £50. I have two kids, so they come first. I would rather be in debt than have cold kids. Simple.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 08:13:57 »

Domestic fuel oil is not even covered by the price cap. It is gas and electricity. I am with Shell - not my choice - and quite apart from profits of 22 billion last year, and paying their CEO 6.1 million, have the bloody cheek to launch a TV ad ert claiming all the electricity supplied through them is renewable.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 08:16:56 »

What can you do though? You can only afford what you can afford. For us that's £150 per month, gone up by £50. I have two kids, so they come first. I would rather be in debt than have cold kids. Simple.

You're right keeping the house warm for kids & vulnerable has to be priority so let the government pick up the shit when millions fall behind in payments and the country goes into recession.

So, give no fucks
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 08:24:32 »

That question needs to be urgently addressed by the new prime minister as the knock on effect from this increase could be catastrophic.

Exactly, food and the usual will see a price hike.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 10:03:58 »

Join the Don't Pay campaign....along with nearly 2 million others....at least a sense of solidarity when the energy companies start pressuring people.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 10:41:36 »

Join the Don't Pay campaign....along with nearly 2 million others....at least a sense of solidarity when the energy companies start pressuring people.

Great way to wreck your credit score and get moved onto a pay as you go meter. Anyone taking this approach should proceed with extreme caution as it can have long lasting consequences and you can bet the energy company will get the money off those who don't pay sooner or later, alongside an admin fee for the inconvenience.

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
normy

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 11:18:12 »

I would like the new Government to form a new nationalised concern to go all out to start fracking for our natural gas, compensating those living in the area. Trillions of tons, according to reports.

It should be possible very quickly with  urgency, it would allow the Government to use it for ourselves to help control the gas and electric prices. I don't have much confidence it will be done, it's too obvious and sensible, and the green lobby is very strongly against it.

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: