Pages: 1 ... 966 967 968 [969] 970 971 972 973   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1578955 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #14520 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 16:43:31 »

The entire Bundelsiga is calling and wants it's ownership model back.....sorry, being flippant.

Again - I am not saying it's easy or immediate, but it can be done.  Exeter are actually a good example - because logic tells us that if we simply replicate their model, our ceiling should be a little higher.  Once we reach that ceiling, you'd talk about what next, like Pompey.

I am also not suggesting Clem is particularly likely to entertain much right now - I'm not talking about a plan to offer him out by Christmas though.  He may not even be the owner by the time it would be possible or needed (a willing seller or collapsing business), although good PR could apply a certain amount of pressure even in our current structure.  Is Chris's wife supporting the losses?  Doesn't appear to be, Clem tells us they are "silent" partners, but the real target of fan ownership in the short term would obviously be to create a well run and sustainable club, source funding where needed, seek other investment avenues, and so on.  Something that would take months, maybe years to plan for properly - so switch focus to that.

The Trust cannot be an extension of the Supporters Club and it should not be just some sort of protest vehicle that gets trotted out to tut loudly in the press.  If it is, then it is pointless.  Expecting it to start lambasting Clem every time he fucks up or says something stupid is a fools errand, and likely never ending.  He's not going to listen, his idea of engagement is a one way street which he blocks off when the receiver is not delivering what he wants.
When have I said anything about the trust needing to say anything about whatever the fuck they were supposed to say something about.

The Bundesleague have rules that force them to have fan ownership, we do not as the chairmen would never vote for it.
 Hopefully if/when we get a regulator then they will look at it but until then it is a pipe dream.   All the other fan owned clubs happened either out of Admin or are pheonix clubs and that is probably the only way it would be feasible to do here.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #14521 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 16:46:47 »

Clem mentioned in one of his interviews that he decided to increase the budget for this season rather than buy the shares back he sold off. That’s what the Trust should focus on, buying those shares back so that (in theory) Clem aside the other shareholders are the fans
I'm sure if the Trust offered them enough money they will sell, but where would the Trust get it from? and if they could raise a few million wouldn't it be better spent on the ground?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14522 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 16:55:48 »

Clem mentioned in one of his interviews that he decided to increase the budget for this season rather than buy the shares back he sold off. That’s what the Trust should focus on, buying those shares back so that (in theory) Clem aside the other shareholders are the fans

Changes his story about these shares every time he is asked about it

Gone from paying back in a couple of months to wont bother and will invest in the team instead
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #14523 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 16:56:15 »

Fan ownership is never going to happen. let's put that to bed.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14524 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 17:22:16 »

When have I said anything about the trust needing to say anything about whatever the fuck they were supposed to say something about.

The Bundesleague have rules that force them to have fan ownership, we do not as the chairmen would never vote for it.
 Hopefully if/when we get a regulator then they will look at it but until then it is a pipe dream.   All the other fan owned clubs happened either out of Admin or are pheonix clubs and that is probably the only way it would be feasible to do here.

Calm down - one of the reasons I suggest the Trust should focus on this is exactly what you describe, the shit hitting the fan.  We cannot discount that the real money dries up, and the hangers on stop getting their payoffs from whatever it is they are hanging around for.  If that happens, it goes tits up very quickly and we do not have a plan for that.

My point about the Trust and what they should or shouldn't be saying is a general one to the many posts demanding they react to rumour (no matter how likely it is true).  I was asking why on earth that would do any good?

The Trusts original aim was to get representation and/or ownership of shares.  I am OK with a secondary aim of supporting the long term success of the CG facility as part owner, it actually sort of helps achieve the original aim, they have some stake in the club.  The JV is structured so the club does the development though, not the JV (I agree that I think the Trust as a Board member should be able to drive more on the ground front).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14525 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 17:26:23 »

Fan ownership is never going to happen. let's put that to bed.

Full ownership is maybe beyond us, certainly for now, but what if the club went into liquidation? 

What about part ownership (again, not now, not with the current set-up and not without a sustained pressure campaign).

What about investment with a capital return or ongoing return - like funding ground development?

There are many different ways Fans can have an investment in their club.  Yes, many will be well down the road and need a lot of planning.  That's what the Trust is for.  What else is it for?  It's not a Supporters Club, it is not a Union, it is not a Pressure Campaign.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #14526 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 17:37:13 »

Full ownership is maybe beyond us, certainly for now, but what if the club went into liquidation? 

What about part ownership (again, not now, not with the current set-up and not without a sustained pressure campaign).

What about investment with a capital return or ongoing return - like funding ground development?

There are many different ways Fans can have an investment in their club.  Yes, many will be well down the road and need a lot of planning.  That's what the Trust is for.  What else is it for?  It's not a Supporters Club, it is not a Union, it is not a Pressure Campaign.

i have no idea what the trust is for or about . seems like those who have been involved in the trust struggle with that as well .

I can't see the club going into a formal insolvency process.  those in or around the current consortium won't allow that.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #14527 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 18:07:27 »

I suppose sarcasm does not really work best online. 

It was a poor attempt at gallows humour of our current plight under this 'leadership'.

The thing is, all those points I made taking the piss out of Morfuni and Hall, are points that they genuinely believe they should be given praise for.

Fair play mate.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14528 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 19:05:52 »

I can't see the club going into a formal insolvency process.  those in or around the current consortium won't allow that.

The current majority shareholder has a recent history of playing the Insolvency process and the others are only here for what they get.  If that dried up, I doubt they'd give two shits what happens to Clem - just like they stitched up Power.  There is a reason Zav ended up in hospital and Power threatening Admin kicked it off (well, him trousering some of their money before that did I suppose).
tans

Ignore
« Reply #14529 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 20:14:22 »

https://x.com/stfcquestions/status/1834620130497634675?s=46&t=sUQ-fFgelrF5oqTmo-D8tA
Quagmire

Arthur Fouler

Ignore
« Reply #14530 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 20:21:10 »

We are so fucking tin pot.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #14531 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 20:38:11 »

They probably forgot they promised it would be sorted before tomorrow and shit themselves
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14532 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 20:47:56 »

We are so fucking tin pot.

At least the tin pot has red paint in it to be fair or we'd be totally screwed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14533 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 21:10:56 »

It's the only tin pot we'll get near for the foreseeable
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14534 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 21:12:14 »

They probably forgot they promised it would be sorted before tomorrow and shit themselves
What if that IS sorted
Pages: 1 ... 966 967 968 [969] 970 971 972 973   Go Up
Print
Jump to: