Pages: 1 ... 967 968 969 [970] 971 972 973   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1578792 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14535 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 21:21:40 »

What if that IS sorted

Then thats even worse!

Imagine how much of a fuck up a ground redevelopment could be. Lets face it, they are only doing the DRS as its the cheapest thing to do.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #14536 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 21:57:21 »

We know they are badly incompetent and the league position of the club and trajectory since 22/23 season confirms this

Biggest thing for me is how we get rid as soon as possible and get some competent and half decent owners- what we don’t want is to go from the crying pan to the fire again

And Clem and Hall are so out of their depth is laughable- Fitton would’ve worked this out as well
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #14537 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 23:09:42 »

Then thats even worse!

Imagine how much of a fuck up a ground redevelopment could be. Lets face it, they are only doing the DRS as its the cheapest thing to do.

It also brings in more revenue than doing the SB.
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14538 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 01:33:16 »

It also brings in more revenue than doing the SB.

How? Crowds are tailing off. Who are the people looking for an executive box to watch shite football in the national league?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #14539 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 07:22:26 »

How? Crowds are tailing off. Who are the people looking for an executive box to watch shite football in the national league?

You have me but obviously doing the SB would mean more money?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14540 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 07:39:26 »

Boxes could get use on non match day. The bank would get use maybe two or three times a season.

The only reason I can see to do the bank is that you could then use it if one of the other stands was closed for maintenance.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14541 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 08:50:58 »

Boxes could get use on non match day. The bank would get use maybe two or three times a season.

The only reason I can see to do the bank is that you could then use it if one of the other stands was closed for maintenance.

On the flip side, if a roof is put on the Bank, it would be used every game for away fans as you wouldnt need to use the corner of the Arkells
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14542 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 09:00:49 »

On the flip side, if a roof is put on the Bank, it would be used every game for away fans as you wouldnt need to use the corner of the Arkells

Don't know if the extra costs of opening up another stand would be less than the policing costs of keeping fans separate in the Arkells.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #14543 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 09:27:55 »

Then thats even worse!

Indeed, you can imagine the press release: "Swindon Town are delighted to announce the redevelopment of the The Wattle & Daub Town End in now complete"

I come from a land down-under
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #14544 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 09:55:32 »

Don't know if the extra costs of opening up another stand would be less than the policing costs of keeping fans separate in the Arkells.

If we end up in the National league we could get away with only opening one stand🤣

You just gotta keep livin man!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #14545 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 10:08:58 »

There is only one chance to get the CG redevelopment right.
Fuck it up & we could be left with some cobbled together monstrosity.

The SB could be replaced quickly & relatively cheaply, in theory, by a lightweight modular construction.
No pillars, bogs that don't flood, food that won't kill anyone & it's job done.

The Town End would hopefully be a more sturdy steel & concrete erection with some all year round functionality built in.

Yeah, I'm getting ahead of myself but hopefully the 30 somethings on here will still be alive when it happens.

My mind it ain't so open
That anything could crawl right in
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #14546 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 10:10:51 »

When we end up in the National league we could get away with only opening one stand🤣

No if's about it Jimbo.

My mind it ain't so open
That anything could crawl right in
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14547 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 11:18:18 »

Clem mentioned in one of his interviews that he decided to increase the budget for this season rather than buy the shares back he sold off. That’s what the Trust should focus on, buying those shares back so that (in theory) Clem aside the other shareholders are the fans

This. Those shares should be concentrated on in general as a starting point. Its not up to Clem, its up the wives and if they will be reasonable but I suspect we know the answer.
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14548 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 11:23:31 »

If we end up in the National league we could get away with only opening one stand🤣

We could get away with two at the moment.
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14549 on: Saturday, September 14, 2024, 11:25:51 »

There is only one chance to get the CG redevelopment right.
Fuck it up & we could be left with some cobbled together monstrosity.

The SB could be replaced quickly & relatively cheaply, in theory, by a lightweight modular construction.
No pillars, bogs that don't flood, food that won't kill anyone & it's job done.

The Town End would hopefully be a more sturdy steel & concrete erection with some all year round functionality built in.

Yeah, I'm getting ahead of myself but hopefully the 30 somethings on here will still be alive when it happens.

Which is why I don't want them to do anything but fuck off. Ironically I wouldn't trust these lot to re-plum the place.

We're in a dark dark place and I can see it being a decade or more before we recover as there is no light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.

and the club shop is a prime example of how bleak it is.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 15, 2024, 11:58:00 by Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 969 [970] 971 972 973   Go Up
Print
Jump to: