Pages: 1 ... 949 950 951 [952] 953 954 955 ... 973   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1578772 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #14265 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 20:46:37 »

Clem Interview Wed 4th Sept:

This is a promotion winning squad we have put together.
Gav is a friend and it was important the new manager kept him in the set up for continuity
The adidas deal was a tough one to get through
Not happy with the shop signs but these things take time
Lessons learnt from last season- need big players
Interacting with supports is important but can’t do monthly interviews due to time zones
Doesn’t want to buy back shares still
January 2025 for DRS development- it is something he has done for the last 30 years and can’t see any issues
Not Willing to sell more shares for investment
Jamie Russell picked the manager
A lot of people come to him asking to buy the club but stop short of letter of intent.
Will look at any opportunity, he is a businessman. “Simple as that”
Progress has been made under 3 year ownership; Bought the ground, do advisory meetings, money in to the pitch, set up women’s, done the academy, club regularly talks to supporters.
Still working on Aussie academy
Kirarchi kids came over in July, work in progress.

Message to the fans “please support us we have put a lot of money into the playing budget, good team and good players”
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14266 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 20:51:50 »

He also seems a bit oblivious to the need to constantly invest in the pitch.  It's not like playing at Mannington, you'll be spending every year on that thing.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #14267 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 20:52:17 »

I especially like the line from Hall that the money numbers are the same as last year but down by a certain number.

It’s not the same then is it you idiot, is he really just that thick?
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14268 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 20:53:39 »

Did he not mention his love of football?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14269 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 20:55:54 »

I especially like the line from Hall that the money numbers are the same as last year but down by a certain number.

It’s not the same then is it you idiot, is he really just that thick?

I'll give him some rope here, I think he was going for - the money is the same as last year, from less tickets being sold, so we haven't yet seen a drop in Revenue.  Of course, that is also unlikely, especially as attendance drives other revenue streams as well, like catering and hospitality (which seems a lot more open than the last couple of years).
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #14270 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 20:58:35 »

I'll give him some rope here, I think he was going for - the money is the same as last year, from less tickets being sold, so we haven't yet seen a drop in Revenue.  Of course, that is also unlikely, especially as attendance drives other revenue streams as well, like catering and hospitality (which seems a lot more open than the last couple of years).
But the prices didn’t really go up, and he claimed earlier in the summer that the only real drop off in numbers was due to the 1000 free ones not going out. So like you say it’s unlikely that can be true in any way shape or form.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #14271 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 22:52:23 »

We wouldn’t need Clem doing updates from oz or Fitton in some pr spin role if our CEO was up to the job. The only time Hall makes his (laughable) utterances these days are when he’s sitting by daddy Clem’s side. Also slightly concerned Clem goes to gunning for football advice - it’s almost like gunning is Clem’s spy in the camp. That can’t be comfortable.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 4, 2024, 22:55:10 by Bob1978 » Logged
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #14272 on: Thursday, September 5, 2024, 07:49:32 »

This Boo guy on twitter is completely thick. He rattles me every day. Fair play.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14273 on: Thursday, September 5, 2024, 08:00:23 »

This Boo guy on twitter is completely thick. He rattles me every day. Fair play.

He hasn't blocked you yet?!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #14274 on: Thursday, September 5, 2024, 08:10:35 »

He hasn't a bad word to say about Clem, but absolutely rips into the coaching staff and players saying they aren't up to it etc after 4 games.

How can he not comprehend that it's Clem that's put these people in charge? therefore if it goes wrong he is responsible?

Is this some sort of social experiment or something.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #14275 on: Thursday, September 5, 2024, 08:29:03 »

He hasn't a bad word to say about Clem, but absolutely rips into the coaching staff and players saying they aren't up to it etc after 4 games.

How can he not comprehend that it's Clem that's put these people in charge? therefore if it goes wrong he is responsible?

Is this some sort of social experiment or something.

A high % of our fanbase don’t get this- if results don’t pick up under Kennedy then Clem will replace him yet again and dodge any criticism himself

He is the man at the top so the buck stops with him but he conveniently scapegoats managers to cover his own vast inadequacies in my opinion
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14276 on: Thursday, September 5, 2024, 08:35:32 »

If fairness - I’m not disagreeing with your main point but the managers aren’t blameless in all of this either.

The squad isn’t great but I can’t imagine Clem is directly influencing Kennedy playing an attacking technical midfielder deep or leaving Ofoborh out or not getting our players to close down long distance shots.

The only Manager Clem has employed who has gone on to better himself after his spell here is Lindsey. So yeah you could argue he was one that got away (not that anyone would have said that at the time) but Garner has fallen down the leagues, Morris has disappeared off the face of the earth, Flynn at Cheltenham.

Again, you are right. Not enough backing, not enough urgency from above but Kennedy is at fault for the poor performances on the pitch.

Not suggesting it’s great but this isn’t a 23rd placed squad.
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14277 on: Thursday, September 5, 2024, 08:56:08 »

I don't blame one, I blame them all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14278 on: Thursday, September 5, 2024, 09:03:33 »

Not suggesting it’s great but this isn’t a 23rd placed squad.

Open question to all. What is a 23rd place squad? Would you judge FGRs squad last year as a 23rd place squad?

I agree with DV though, we have enough league 2 journeymen to think his statement is right. But I don't know what a division 4 relegation team looks like tbh - not really had to contemplate it before the last season or so.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #14279 on: Thursday, September 5, 2024, 09:06:55 »

A high % of our fanbase don’t get this- if results don’t pick up under Kennedy then Clem will replace him yet again and dodge any criticism himself

He is the man at the top so the buck stops with him but he conveniently scapegoats managers to cover his own vast inadequacies in my opinion

This is the case for almost every club in the land.
The owner isn’t going to fire himself, and you can’t just sack all the players mid season (although we seem to do it most summers) so it leaves either the DoF, manager or both.

Look at Man Utd, not all the managers they have had since Fergie are crap, there’s just something inherently wrong at the club, for us it’s the ownership group
Pages: 1 ... 949 950 951 [952] 953 954 955 ... 973   Go Up
Print
Jump to: