Pages: 1 ... 943 944 945 [946] 947 948 949 ... 973   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1578928 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #14175 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 10:19:50 »

Q for the fans forum (which should be the first and only question) When there is no sign that you have the funds to allow the club to reach its potential, and you are losing money, why won’t you sell to someone that can?

And he will reply with the same answer that he has previously, there has been no serious bids for the club and if somebody genuine comes along that I feel can provide a better way forward than me I will look at it.

Asking the same questions over and over and expecting a different answer is naive at this stage, history shows us this.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #14176 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 10:24:32 »

I predict now that Kennedy will jump in as Clem's defender at this one.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14177 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 10:27:48 »

I was going to go to the fans forum next week, but I don’t see the point this time. They are all going to get an easy ride and Clem will get clapped to the stage again.

I thought that last time and was surprised.

I think a lot will have given up now though.
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14178 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 10:30:56 »

Don't forget Phil Kings tongue is probably still buried up Clems arse.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #14179 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 10:33:58 »

Which would be a big mistake. Kennedy needs the fans onside more than he needs Morfuni onside.

If he has any sense, he will distance himself
And he will reply with the same answer that he has previously, there has been no serious bids for the club and if somebody genuine comes along that I feel can provide a better way forward than me I will look at it.

Asking the same questions over and over and expecting a different answer is naive at this stage, history shows us this.

To which the answer is that there are credible journalists who are reporting otherwise, with no incentive to do so.
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14180 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 10:35:16 »

If he has any sense, he will distance himself

Big mad Gav didn't have that sense. I wonder if Kennedy has been to Clems house, the barometer of all great managers.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #14181 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 11:06:45 »

People should ask with reciepts, say that the Price of Football was reporting that the asking price was way over their estimated valuation when consulted...

The trouble is that the Trust and OSC will insist on a name to every question, therefore people reasonably won't want to ask difficult questions.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14182 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 11:19:56 »

There's a story in the Moonraker regarding a late increase in budget letting us get those signings done in the last 2 weeks.

So I think praise from Kennedy is warranted from his point of view. Indeed from any point of view.

Now all we need to worry about where the money came from!

Without it I think we were going bye bye into NL
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14183 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 11:34:38 »

I mean unless the money has suddenly become available over the last 2 weeks (which I guess is possible now we’ve had a couple of home games) then why wasn’t it available to use earlier?

We could have had these players in 4 games a go if that money was always *somewhere*

I know it’s not that simple because clubs won’t allow players to go till the last minute and / or when they have replacements.

…it’s not like we’ve increased the budget to add a cherry on top of a complete squad because an awesome player became available. We increased the budget to fill out the squad that always needed padding out.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14184 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 12:07:59 »

I mean unless the money has suddenly become available over the last 2 weeks (which I guess is possible now we’ve had a couple of home games) then why wasn’t it available to use earlier?

Who know DV, who knows.
We haven't had another admin error restriction lift have we?!
Or has he sold more shares?
Or has he borrowed against a transfer income again (can't think of anyone).
Or.Or..

I'm burying my head in the sand until something new pops out the woodwork.

it was critical we got the players in though.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14185 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 12:26:38 »

We could have had these players in 4 games a go if that money was always *somewhere*

I know it’s not that simple because clubs won’t allow players to go till the last minute and / or when they have replacements.

…it’s not like we’ve increased the budget to add a cherry on top of a complete squad because an awesome player became available. We increased the budget to fill out the squad that always needed padding out.

What he said
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #14186 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 13:07:51 »

When Kennedy came in he made it very clear he had been given assurances on budgets. Either that budget hasn't been enough or Clem didn't follow through on that promise until now.

The other issue is what does this mean for next season now, do we have to lower the budget again to make up for this year? Has Clem now made a rod for his own back and will have to support at this level going forward?

If Clem wasn't a proven liar this would have looked positive, instead it just opens up more questions again.
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #14187 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 15:15:17 »

Maybe the £492K (I believe) that we now get from Sky for the 20 TV games has helped with the budget!!  I assume we also get this next year?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14188 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 15:16:09 »

Maybe the £492K (I believe) that we now get from Sky for the 20 TV games has helped with the budget!!  I assume we also get this next year?

I assume though that we set the original budget knowing this!
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #14189 on: Monday, September 2, 2024, 17:17:38 »

Hopefully this is Clems last season

Scary how far backwards we’ve gone in the last 2 seasons

He isn’t the man to get us back to league one and keep us there no way
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 945 [946] 947 948 949 ... 973   Go Up
Print
Jump to: