Pages: 1 ... 933 934 935 [936] 937 938 939 ... 973   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1578814 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #14025 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 12:41:11 »

If we go down (and we will under this regime, be it this year or next) we will not come back. This window has shown already we cannot compete with the higher end of the national league. Some well run, ambitious clubs there.

Do we put much stock in what Sadler said post match about the quality in our team?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/24527158.walsall-boss-win-impressive-swindon-town-quality/

Just trying to get a balanced view, because sometimes its easy for us to get blinkered.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14026 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 12:44:51 »

Don’t disagree but there is a massive difference between non league & non league.

Is there even a semi-pro / amateur / not full time team in the conference. It’s basically a 5th tier of the professional football league in all but name.

That’s a world away from playing in the Hellenic League for instance.

If we did die & phoenix - where would we have to start?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14027 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 12:53:20 »

Don’t disagree but there is a massive difference between non league & non league.

Is there even a semi-pro / amateur / not full time team in the conference. It’s basically a 5th tier of the professional football league in all but name.

There iss a couple of semi-pro teams i think (Maidenhead and Wealdstone) but as you say its all full time now in the National League.

Even some teams in NLN and NLS are. Scunthorpe were paying Jacob Butterfield 3k a week in NLN last season.

I think Hereford started in Midland Football League when they reformed (9th tier)
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #14028 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 12:55:58 »

Do we put much stock in what Sadler said post match about the quality in our team?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/24527158.walsall-boss-win-impressive-swindon-town-quality/

Just trying to get a balanced view, because sometimes its easy for us to get blinkered.

He’s right, but we are still learning how to play as a team.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14029 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 13:02:37 »

I think saying Aaron Drinan would get in any team in the division is a bit of a stretch...
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #14030 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 13:13:43 »

I think saying Aaron Drinan would get in any team in the division is a bit of a stretch...

Yeah i agree, but he has pedigree given what he and Smith did at Orient.

I understand why everyone has gone off the deep end after the pathetic display on Sat, but i just think we need to give them a few weeks to properly judge. A couple of better midfielders join, we get a pacy option up front and it could look very different.

It should be better than it is already, but the player turnover and also Kennedy missing most of preseason will have set us back a lot.

I'm not making excuses for the current regime, i'm not impressed, but just think we need to wait a little to judge properly.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14031 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 13:19:43 »

AFC Wimbledon started 9th tier. You are right, big difference.

Its mostly a question of how far do we slip before he sells up and how long does it take for him to throw the towel in.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #14032 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 13:39:24 »

We have been kicking the can down the road since Garner left, we can't afford to keep on doing that should this window close how we all suspect it will.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #14033 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 15:05:32 »

No match tickets
No merchandise
No food and drink

Think the club have that covered, with inflated bogus attendances, no merchandise in particular to purchase, a cold and unwelcoming bar refurb and food that apparently gives people gippy tums.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #14034 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 15:08:26 »

Think the club have that covered, with inflated bogus attendances, no merchandise in particular to purchase, a cold and unwelcoming bar refurb and food that apparently gives people gippy tums.

Well at least this regime are setting new club records!

Worst end to League 2 (Division 4) in STFC history
Worst opening day home defeat in STFC history

I'm sure they'll set a few more!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #14035 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 19:05:50 »

Well at least this regime are setting new club records!

Worst end to League 2 (Division 4) in STFC history
Worst opening day home defeat in STFC history

I'm sure they'll set a few more!
We're going up as fcking champions sang no one at Carrow Road on the opening day of 2009/10 when City lost 1-7 at home to Colchester following relegation to Lg 1.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #14036 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 19:29:36 »

You can’t compare  our owners to Norwich- Norwich had football people and that was  1 freak result

Our owners are just bloody clueless as the last 2 seasons have shown
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14037 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 20:00:55 »

Norwich also sacked their manager after that game and replaced him with the guy in the other dugout...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #14038 on: Monday, August 19, 2024, 20:08:01 »

You can’t compare  our owners to Norwich- Norwich had football people and that was  1 freak result

Our owners are just bloody clueless as the last 2 seasons have shown

Clueless is being kind.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14039 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2024, 07:52:40 »

Save the door!
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 935 [936] 937 938 939 ... 973   Go Up
Print
Jump to: