Pages: 1 ... 919 920 921 [922] 923 924 925 ... 973   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1578815 times)
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #13815 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 07:58:06 »

Problem is i suppose legally they have to be very careful.

On the plus side they usually soften these things with a signing so welcome to STFC, Joel Cotterill
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #13816 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 08:05:07 »

Was there any details given by Maguire? When i've listened to his comments before they have lacked much substance. I'm not saying he is wrong, just that i find it frustrating when people who 'know' stuff talk in very abstract terms.
Don't think there's much more they can say unless they want to get into legal wrangles.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #13817 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 08:11:21 »

Don't think there's much more they can say unless they want to get into legal wrangles.

Very possible. Or he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does.

He wasnt very articulate about the trust in the bit i just listened to, conflating the supporters trust and the Nigel Eady Trust.

I'm not denying shit is not good, but i just get bored of people who can't enlighten somewhat. Anyone can trot out that vultures are circling (not circulating!), meh frustrating.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #13818 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 09:28:23 »

Haven’t the vultures been circling for two seasons now…we all know things ain’t great but there’s nothing new to see here, unless he wants to go into some detail and give us some proper context to his comment.

I’m sick of people ITK with their little one liners. Give us some actually depth or shut the fuck up.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #13819 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 09:35:00 »

Haven’t the vultures been circling for two seasons now…we all know things ain’t great but there’s nothing new to see here, unless he wants to go into some detail and give us some proper context to his comment.

I’m sick of people ITK with their little one liners. Give us some actually depth or shut the fuck up.
Not being funny, but you ignore what he says at your peril. He’s not your typical ‘ITK’ forum poster, he’s extremely well connected and likely to be privy to lots of stuff that would be too sensitive to be posted in the public domain.

Let’s not forget the threats Whelan’s mob got after the late pay news last year, no one unaffiliated to the club is going to risk themselves legally or physically over STFC.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13820 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 09:40:05 »

Not being funny, but you ignore what he says at your peril. He’s not your typical ‘ITK’ forum poster, he’s extremely well connected and likely to be privy to lots of stuff that would be too sensitive to be posted in the public domain.

Let’s not forget the threats Whelan’s mob got after the late pay news last year, no one unaffiliated to the club is going to risk themselves legally or physically over STFC.
There's nothing to ignore though is there?  He's not actually saying anything of any substance. OK, there is some bad shit waiting for us just around the corner but we all know that or at least assume it to be the case. He's not telling us anything we don't know, which I believe was the point being made.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #13821 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 09:41:08 »

But he’s not really saying anything at all. ‘The vultures are circling’, yeah, I know that and his name is Zav Austin and he’s sat in the boardroom. Say something of substance, not just the ‘vultures are circling’.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #13822 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 09:46:01 »

There's nothing to ignore though is there?  He's not actually saying anything of any substance. OK, there is some bad shit waiting for us just around the corner but we all know that or at least assume it to be the case. He's not telling us anything we don't know, which I believe was the point being made.
But the problem is a lot of people still don’t believe that there’s bad shit round the corner and many seem to have swallowed the promised improvement and lessons learnt crap from Morfuni and think everything is going to be fine now. This is just making it abundantly clear that we’re in just a much shit as ever so make sure you buckle up your seatbelts.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #13823 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 10:09:13 »

No one loves Lee (and neither does Clem)

Clem and his Dead End Friends
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #13824 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 10:17:53 »

What is the shit around the corner?
We could say that Europe is a moment away from a Russian invasion
Taiwan is not the place to visit for a summer holiday.
USA is financially broke and an election in November with shit awaiting them.
All the above is serious shit around the corner...
What's so different from what is happening at STFC ?

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #13825 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 10:23:43 »

you're quite right, death to the vultures!!!
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #13826 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 11:21:24 »

This is just making it abundantly clear that we’re in just a much shit as ever so make sure you buckle up your seatbelts.

But saying the ‘vultures are circling’, is not making it abundantly clear… it’s just throwaway line.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 11:46:04 by iParadise » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13827 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 11:29:52 »

Spotted on Twitter that our main rivals' CEO used to work at Inter Milan and Man United, whereas ours?

I do hate this pre-season doomery, the weather is amazing etc etc. But it's all so 'meh' at Swindon at the moment, you just don't never seem to get many long term positive vibes under the current owners. Nothing has happened to either the ground or the training facilities in the 3 years or so since Clem and Co have come in. Personally, can't see us getting out of league 2 unless things change drastically.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13828 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 11:30:50 »

We could get lucky: Crawley went up despite being an absolute basket case behind the scenes. But we're absolutely not giving ourselves the best chance of success.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13829 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2024, 11:41:28 »

We could get lucky: Crawley went up despite being an absolute basket case behind the scenes. But we're absolutely not giving ourselves the best chance of success.

As I was typing the phrase 'more luck than judgement' popped into my head.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 921 [922] 923 924 925 ... 973   Go Up
Print
Jump to: