Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Portsmouth v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 15623 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 20:12:37 »

That sounds like we didn't sell that many season tickets if only 150 to 200 over subscribed.  After allowing for those in Tier 3, shielding or other reasons for not going. Maybe 3K sold tops?
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 22:51:09 »

There must be a fair number of us who live in tier 4 areas - I was fortunate enough to get one to go to the Fleetwood game but the move to tier 3 ( and now Tier4 ) means I’m excluded.
I think it will be behind closed doors again soon.

I know PPG is a worry, but didn’t they say at the start of this season that 75% of games had to be played for a PPG finish?
Or was that the premier league only?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 08:43:38 »

Sounds like more could be in tier 3 or 4 as soon as Boxing day. We'll see if that's Swindon. I fear the worst..
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 08:52:50 »

There must be a fair number of us who live in tier 4 areas - I was fortunate enough to get one to go to the Fleetwood game but the move to tier 3 ( and now Tier4 ) means I’m excluded.
I think it will be behind closed doors again soon.

I know PPG is a worry, but didn’t they say at the start of this season that 75% of games had to be played for a PPG finish?
Or was that the premier league only?
Lets hope so,  do don't think it would look too good for us if PPG was introduced  Surprising what a difference three points can make,  Shrewsbury moved from 21st place last night up to 18th with their 1-0 win at Doncaster, their third  consecutive win on the bounce under Cotterill.
They were on the same points as us before last night,  we just need a decent win to act as a springboard but at the moment that still seems some way off.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
REDBUCK

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 09:27:43 »

Not just any old wins either, three away 1-0 wins, Hull, Lincoln and Donny.

That's how to shore up a defence, we are miles awsy from that or even a scrappy win.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 09:47:37 »

Not just any old wins either, three away 1-0 wins, Hull, Lincoln and Donny.

That's how to shore up a defence, we are miles awsy from that or even a scrappy win.
Reinforces the point someone else made (think it was on one of the other matchday threads) as to how poor League 1 is this season, and how narrow the gap in terms of quality between top and bottom; doesn't take much for a side in freefall at the bottom to turn it round to get 3 away wins against the teams at the top. One's a fluke, three on the spin there's more going on
REDBUCK

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 09:57:19 »

Reinforces the point someone else made (think it was on one of the other matchday threads) as to how poor League 1 is this season, and how narrow the gap in terms of quality between top and bottom; doesn't take much for a side in freefall at the bottom to turn it round to get 3 away wins against the teams at the top. One's a fluke, three on the spin there's more going on

True, which makes the individual fuck ups all the more criminal. Too many wasted points.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 10:11:13 »

True, which makes the individual fuck ups all the more criminal. Too many wasted points.

Yes, fair point.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 12:01:28 »

Game off.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 12:10:42 »

Game off.
Bugger was sort of looking forward to it, in a weird masochistic kind of way.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 12:12:54 »

Busy on Boxing Day so I’ve heard worse news personally
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 12:38:28 »

Bugger was sort of looking forward to it, in a weird masochistic kind of way.
Nah, it's good news. Never going to win it, at least not now, so better resting players for the much more winnable games against Franchise and Wigan immediately after.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 12:42:15 »

Nah, it's good news. Never going to win it, at least not now, so better resting players for the much more winnable games against Franchise and Wigan immediately after.
All those players who might be available for the rescheduled game might have buggered off to Salford or beyond by then!  Hmmm...

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 12:45:04 »

All those players who might be available for the rescheduled game might have buggered off to Salford or beyond by then!  Hmmm...
Conversely we may have strengthened in Jan. TBH I'm not thinking about the rescheduled game. As it stands, Pompey doesn't look winnable, whether played now or in Feb/March/whenever, but Franchise and Wigan do. I'd rather take 4 points from those two, than knacker ourselves out with a heroic loss at Fratton Park.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 13:21:31 »

O bugger, I was looking forward to it and just paid for a ticket.

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: