Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Portsmouth v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 15619 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 08:00:03 »

Game off after two Portsmouth players tested positive according to today's paper, not sure if they are just guessing as not confirmed on the club website.    Good chance for some of the injuries to improve, only thing now, another dreaded Tuesday night game ?. Portsmouth  website confirms two positive case's but says all players will be tested in the next 24 hrs, that was 16 hours ago, so I presume the report I read has jumped the gun a bit, although it sounds like it will probably be confirmed later today.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 21, 2020, 08:25:44 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 09:02:52 »

1-1
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 09:16:49 »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-season-crisis-after-two-further-positive-coronavirus-cases-are-confirmed-3074280%3famp

Expected to be called off.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 10:02:50 »

Game on as it stands according to Pompey twitter
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 10:06:37 »

Game on as it stands according to Pompey twitter
Think "as it stands" is doing a lot of work there Smiley

Good opportunity for the players to get an unusual Christmas break, hopefully we will see the benefits of that in the two much more winnable games immediately after.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 10:21:08 »

Indeed Paul, get this off and play it some time in March or April.
TownEnder

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 20:37:15 »

Still no updates yet Huh??
StonewallerMag

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 23:58:47 »

Hi guys!

A perfect thread for this but just dropping in to say we feature your former player Si Ferry in our 2nd edition and he talks at great length about Swindon Town and Di Canio so thought you might be interested!

Here is the link to our mag if you are:

https://www.stonewallermag.co.uk/product-page/stonewaller-magazine-number-2

Cheers guys and stay safe!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 11:46:39 »

Thought I’d stick this here. Looks certain our TV game v Ipswich won’t go ahead - or, indeed, any football

‘Calls for 'football circuit breaker' after seven players at one club test positive for COVID-19 in a week

In an "alarming" development, Ipswich Town FC has recorded seven positive coronavirus cases in one week, with more cases expected to be confirmed later.

Only two confirmed cases had been reported at the club in the previous nine months. It is believed this week's cases are the new variant of coronavirus.

Responding to the news, the club's physio Matt Byard has called for a "football circuit breaker" before players can return to the game safely.

"In previous cases at clubs, the confirmatory source can normally be isolated down to a coach journey or a lengthy meeting indoors. We, however, have had the same protocols in place since we started pre-season training," Mr Byard told the Club website.

He continued: "We have tested all the playing and coaching staff and from the results, we can detect the level of infection and see the patterns emerging, however it’s the speed of the transmission that tells us it’s the new strain.

"We will be re-testing all the staff on Wednesday who have previously tested negative and I do have concerns that there will be more positive cases."
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 12:01:56 »

Unless lots of clubs players start dropping then there is no way they are putting the season 'on hold' at the present time as 1 club have got any cases.

I can see crowds being put on hold again though soon sadly.

Suspect Swindon will be moving to tier 3 or 4 next review with numbers sadly rising again.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 16:32:41 »

Just teased a Pompey mate that it looks like they'll go down with the Pox before we do.

#topbantz  Too Cool

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 17:05:07 »

Just received my e-ticket for the Franchise game next Tuesday.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 17:54:34 »

Same here......can’t see this lasting thus even more reason to start winning games.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 18:30:12 »

Me too. That’s 3/3 for me - I wonder if it is because the TE is my first choice?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 18:39:53 »

from the horses mouth (Danny Lee):

"There will be a majority of fans that will have gone to all 3. It is around 150-200 each week that we are oversubscribed so these will be rotated and that is random, but we are trying to work it so people who were unsuccessful for fleetwood will get MK and visa versa Wigan"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: