Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 23201 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:39:43 »

No idea how we got a point there, Shrewsbury sat back and allowed us all the ball and we probably deserved it. Very naeive by Shrewsbury but we’ll take a point all day long!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:39:47 »

There isnt many games this we have been dominated. apart from conceding...we actually look quite good for the majority.

copy and paste from any other match report but if you are always starting games -1/-2 then it's very hard to get points.

caht fault the effort yet again
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:40:22 »

phew.

we look so defensively soft still, but I'll take a point!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:40:31 »

This will be Ricketts job tomorrow

Defininitely (or when the new board comes in  Pint )

Shrews hung on there. Battled and ground out a point. Matt Smith proving again what an important piece of the jigsaw (at 19) he is. If Johnny was another year older he may have had the composure to pass/score. May well have been looking at 3-5.

Defence still needs tightening up but this gives plenty of Sheridan to mull over. Definitely an interesting video to watch back.

Matt Smith MoM. In fact I've got him down as PoS already.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:40:52 »

We should really have won that, Shrewsbury were probably the worst teams we have played this season so far.

Tighten the fucking defence please Shez.

1st away point of the season.

Yep, that is two points dropped AFAIC. But, as Venks says tighten the defence plus get our crocks back firing and we will stay up. So as I alluded to after the FGR game regarding a little moral boosting run, that’s two unbeaten. Ok you can pick both games to pieces but the results are all that count and other than a roasting for the first two goals we should have been unbeaten in two and away. That said, coming back like we did today should be taken as a positive and move us forwards rather than backwards.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:41:47 »

Did Rob Hartley say we probably didn't deserve it?  What game was he was watching.  COYR  Pint
Suggest you turn the commentary off, I haven’t had it on since the first couple of games of the season.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:44:48 »

I am getting well p****d of with the radio commentary and invariably mute it. At the very end one of the statements was that “we did not deserve anything out of this game”. I know the stats do not always tell the whole story but in this case gave a bloody good impression that we were the better team. I wonder if they actually see what happens on the park or are they too busy agreeing with each other.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:45:56 »

Happy that we came away from that with a point - Not enough time for Sheridan to input anything, but it was good that we didn't give our relegation rivals more of a head start. An away point is not to be sniffed at. Trouble is, if we hadn't so poor in the first half then we wouldn't have been two down. But, if we weren't two down then perhaps Shrewsbury wouldn't have gone back into a defensive shell.

Pushing Hunt further forward in the 2nd half and moving J Grant into Payne's position helped make us more threatening down the left.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:46:16 »

We could and should have won that match, J Smith has got to remember football is a team game. Joel Grant was good as was Matt Smith but mom for me has to be Hope. Less said about the defence the better, certainly room for improvement
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:46:30 »

Beauty. Gotta make it a good point with three consecutive home games next.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:47:18 »

I am getting well p****d of with the radio commentary and invariably mute it. At the very end one of the statements was that “we did not deserve anything out of this game”. I know the stats do not always tell the whole story but in this case gave a bloody good impression that we were the better team. I wonder if they actually see what happens on the park or are they too busy agreeing with each other.
I think what he was saying was that you don't deserve to win if you gift the opposition 3 goals - Context is everything.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:48:56 »

We could and should have won that match, J Smith has got to remember football is a team game. Joel Grant was good as was Matt Smith but mom for me has to be Hope. Less said about the defence the better, certainly room for improvement

Johnny Smith played like a guy who really wanted a goal and a standout performance today to make up for last week. Unfortunately it meant he shot when others were better positioned time and time again. Bit more composure needed, but the talent is there.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #327 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:49:56 »

I don't tend to read opposition forums, but I'm guessing the Shrews one will be full of their fans berating Ricketts for having their team play so deep.  If they'd sat back any further they'd have been in the stands.
Yep and all saying they should have killed us off first half when they were the better team....ahem...the better team? ok then, they scored more but we were easily the better team for the last 20+ mins of the first half.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:51:20 »

Thing is, the 2nd half was much less awful than the first.  Over the whole 90 mins, maybe we did just about deserve a point.  But only just.  I can see where they're coming from.  The 2nd half subs & reorg did change things...Hunt, in particular, coming much more in to the game.  Without the 93rd min goal, I think the post-match summation would have looked very different.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 16:51:56 »

Jonny Smith just had one of those games. Did everything right but the final back.

yeah. maybe he was trying to make it up from the sending off.

either way, at least he looked dangerous
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: