Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 21358 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 21:38:19 »

Here we go again,  game number one for Sheridan,  although I believe Hunt will be in control for tomorrow's game.
So STFC v The REAL STFC, Think we'll be alright with this one, 2-0 with the points coming back to Wiltshire.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 21:42:25 »

3 - 1 comfortable away win

Nothing to see here
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 21:43:18 »

2-0 Shrewsbury.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 21:49:04 »

Lets play a more defensive system and sneak a 1-0 win Cheesy

So, give no fucks
Panda Paws

« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 21:56:38 »

Think we'll stick with 343. Would like to see Fryer, but don't think it'll happen. Assuming no miraculous recoveries and hoping J Smith is fit, I'd go with:

Fryer
      Caddis Baudry Odimayo
Hunt    Grant     Smith     Donohue
      Smith  Hope   Stevens

Tight game. 1-0 Town. J Smith.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 22:46:03 »

1-1

Hope
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 22:50:18 »

0-0

Putting some faith in Noel Hunt in a consecutive clean sheet before the new gaffer makes takes over.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 00:03:08 »

stfc 1-2 STFC. Late Pitman header.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 07:30:51 »

Shrews have had 1 win and 4 draws from their first 10 games scoring just 7 goals but conceding 14 they are the lowest scorers in the league.

They sit 2 places below the real STFC in 22nd place having played a game more and their recent league form is LLLLD.

There have been 62 games between the two sides since the fake STFC entered the league in 1950, with the real STFC winning 30 of them, while there have been 16 draws and 16 defeats.

In matches in Salop we have won 12 times, 8 have been draws and 10 defeats. In the last 9 meetings there Swindon have come away as victor in 6 of them with 1 drawn and 2 losses.

In all games vs them Swindon have only been the losers once in the last 9 meeting with Swindon winning 6 of them, the last 2 meetings have ended as draws.

The Reds are also unbeaten in their previous five fixtures against the Shrews having won three and drawn two between 2014 and 2017.

Town still have Conroy, Lyden, Fryers, Iandolo, DJ, Tyler Smith and Doin Donohue all out injured still.

They have a large injury problem themselves with Love, Goldbourne, Daniels, Fossey, Sears, Pyke and Clarke.

Swindon will be managed on the pitch by Noel Hunt and Tommy Wright still while John Sheridan will be sat on the bench tomorrow but not leading the team yet after only signing yesterday.

Shrews are fresh from a 4-3 away victory at Crewe in the EFL trophy on Tuesday with young Spurs loanee winger Shilow Tracey scoring a hattrick. They are also poised to start Aussie loanee Matt Miller for the first time in wide midfield due to injuries.

They have 7 loanees in the squad and 1 of those is injured so will have to rely on just 5 of the 6 loanees for a squad place. They have a fair amount of very experienced players in higher division sides too in the squad like Daniels, Edwards, Clarke, Norburn, Pierre, Whalley, Vela, Cummings, Ebanks-Landell and Pugh.

Ricketts has been in recent weeks a the new 3-4-3 formation rather than his prefered 532 which he had been playing fairly unsuccessfully.

The game has come too soon for ex Town striker Leon Clarke as he recovers from injury but ex Shrews midfielder Anthony Grant will be relishing the match against his old side.

I have a feeling it will be this side, I just hope Fryers gets a game in place of the under performing Kovar. Also I hope Broadbent can get some more time off the bench.

Fryer(Kovar)
      Odimayo    Baudry   Grounds
Caddis     Grant   M Smith      Hunt
  J Smith                    Payne
                Pitman

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 08:00:32 »

Games against that lot are much less humorous without Dostoevskys’ ‘outbursts’

I come from a land down-under
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 08:27:56 »

Sheridan to come off the bench and score a late winner.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 08:33:31 »

Last time I went to Shrewsbury was to Gay Meadow when Chris Kamara walloped Jim Melrose after the final whistle. Think we lost 2-1 with a cracking goal from  their left winger  which Digby had no chance getting to.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 09:01:47 »

Last time I went to Shrewsbury was to Gay Meadow when Chris Kamara walloped Jim Melrose after the final whistle. Think we lost 2-1 with a cracking goal from  their left winger  which Digby had no chance getting to.
Yeah Melrose calling Kamara all sorts of racist names all through the game, he deserved everything he got.

Melrose was the first player ever to be awarded damages for assault by another player on the pitch.

If it had happened now Chris Kamara would have got damages for being racially abused.

The winger you spoke about scoring was Victor Kasule, a really talented Scottish winger with bags of pace, never settled in England but man he was fast.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 09:27:18 »

Yeah Melrose calling Kamara all sorts of racist names all through the game, he deserved everything he got.

Melrose was the first player ever to be awarded damages for assault by another player on the pitch.

If it had happened now Chris Kamara would have got damages for being racially abused.

The winger you spoke about scoring was Victor Kasule, a really talented Scottish winger with bags of pace, never settled in England but man he was fast.

I can remember Luke Rodgers being a pain in the early 2000's

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 09:33:00 »

Maybe a bit early in the season for a 6 pointer, but at the least a good one not to lose.
We have the trusty wind tunnel but they also have a vortex that could be a factor today.

Their old ground had plenty of character and a good location compared with the <insert sponsors name> Meadow in the retail park.
The only away day that involved using a Park and Ride to get to the pub.
Should let the train take the strain plus the 45 minute walk when next we meet. If able to go.

Remember talking to a fan of the other STFC through work back in the time of Graham Turner's bitter and twisted phase.
Chatting about football and the fortunes of our respective teams, when out of the blue he says "I'm Welsh you know".
There followed one of those awkward silences where neither of us knew what to say next, before the conversation eventually got going again.
Thinking back I'm glad that he saw me as an understanding type upon which to unburden himself with what must have been a difficult revelation to make.

The late John Peel attended Shrewsbury School.
If the great man was in charge of the pre match playlist then this could well get an airing.
Play it loud.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: