Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Agents Fee's  (Read 14658 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 08:43:22 »

Yet you will find that they do by driving like dickheads, we call them organ donors down here, so at least they are fulfilling a role in society.

I have not studied the stats but I suspect that a significant proportion of collisions that result in fatalities are due to car drivers simply failing to look out for motorcyclists and carry out the proper observations at junctions etc.  Just from personal experience, even though I ride defensively, I have cars pull out in front of me on most rides.  Car drivers also get somewhat bent out of shape when filtering through traffic.  They appear to resent the fact that you are able to make progress when they cannot.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #46 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 08:57:00 »

Of course there will be accidents where drivers don't see bikers, thats because people are not observant of their surroundings while driving.

I was trained as a Police class 1 tactical pursuit driver at Devizes Police Station where we were made to study some elements of this exact thing.

I can confirm that drivers awareness of their situation is at times woeful and of course they will have accidents, but these people will often have an accident even with something far more sizeable than a bike, they will pull out in front of cars and vans with the same reckless abandon.

What I object to is that without fail if I am driving at the road speed suitable for the level of traffic and road conditions there will always be a motorcyclist that decides it is too slow for his own travel and will overtake, often in the face of oncoming traffic, through a solid white line or near the brow of a hill.

Luckily I use a dashcam and willingly send these obvious infringements directly to the police via their online reporting system as my dashcam has my speed and GPS location logged on picture  and is a 4k model so will easily read a number plate.  Often I report them for their irrresponsible attitude if I consider it worthy of this and let the law deal with them how they see fit.

I cannot travel down here on an journey longer than a couple of miles without at least 1 biker driving like that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 08:58:08 »

Yet you will find that they do by driving like dickheads, we call them organ donors down here, so at least they are fulfilling a role in society.

Having spent 10+ years living under the helicopter flight path into the Royal Lancaster Infirmary helipad and heard the way too regular drone of the air ambulance coming over on Saturday and Sunday afternoons bringing in the latest rider whose bike speed has sadly exceeded their ability on the Devils Bridge, Ingleton, Hawes, Skipton, Kirby Lonsdale loop I sadly concur.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #48 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:03:14 »

rider whose bike speed has sadly exceeded their ability
This is THE main factor.

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:06:57 »

Of course there will be accidents where drivers don't see bikers, thats because people are not observant of their surroundings while driving.

I was trained as a Police class 1 tactical pursuit driver at Devizes Police Station where we were made to study some elements of this exact thing.

I can confirm that drivers awareness of their situation is at times woeful and of course they will have accidents, but these people will often have an accident even with something far more sizeable than a bike, they will pull out in front of cars and vans with the same reckless abandon.

What I object to is that without fail if I am driving at the road speed suitable for the level of traffic and road conditions there will always be a motorcyclist that decides it is too slow for his own travel and will overtake, often in the face of oncoming traffic, through a solid white line or near the brow of a hill.

Luckily I use a dashcam and willingly send these obvious infringements directly to the police via their online reporting system as my dashcam has my speed and GPS location logged on picture  and is a 4k model so will easily read a number plate.  Often I report them for their irrresponsible attitude if I consider it worthy of this and let the law deal with them how they see fit.

I cannot travel down here on an journey longer than a couple of miles without at least 1 biker driving like that.

I have seen instances where both motorcyclists and car drivers over take in dangerous situations. The point is that all motorcyclists are 'tarred with the same brush' as an old racist uncle used to say.

Luckily, I also wear a helmet cam to document the poor and inconsiderate driving (cars and motorcycles) on the roads of Somerset, Devon and Dorset.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #50 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:11:36 »

I have seen instances where both motorcyclists and car drivers over take in dangerous situations. The point is that all motorcyclists are 'tarred with the same brush' as an old racist uncle used to say.

Luckily, I also wear a helmet cam to document the poor and inconsiderate driving (cars and motorcycles) on the roads of Somerset, Devon and Dorset.
Absolutely, I would also report the driver of a BMW if he did the same, there are a lot of ignorant and irresponsible drivers of bikes, vans and cars. People seem ignorant of the fact that dashcams etc are freely available and their actions will no longer have no consiquences as the process to report is an easy one.

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:15:45 »

Absolutely, I would also report the driver of a BMW if he did the same, there are a lot of ignorant and irresponsible drivers of bikes, vans and cars. People seem ignorant of the fact that dashcams etc are freely available and their actions will no longer have no consiquences as the process to report is an easy one.

I will keep an eye out for your Ioniq

Nothing to see here
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:16:02 »

Car drivers also get somewhat bent out of shape when filtering through traffic.  They appear to resent the fact that you are able to make progress when they cannot.
The Venn diagram of those car drivers, and the ones that drive aggressively at cyclists is a perfect circle.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #53 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:17:37 »

I will keep an eye out for your Ioniq
Please do, as I will keep an eye out for the 1 non overtaking motorcycle.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:20:10 »

So... those agents huh
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:20:15 »

Don稚 think your old uncle was racist all. The original term was used by Sir Walter Scott in his novel Rob Roy and was describing Jacobists and Papists.

Obviously, the easily offended have extrapolated tar to mean black, black to mean racist. All hogwash.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #56 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:21:53 »

So... those agents huh
Coming over here driving those motorbikes....

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:23:58 »

Perhaps we can get back to the correct use of apostrophes

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #58 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:24:32 »

Perhaps we can get back to the correct use of apostrophes'
Done.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:27:17 »

James Bond is my favourite agent
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: