Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Booked Holidays - what's happening with yours?  (Read 31961 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 09:43:59 »

If you are 100% sure that your cancellation policy doesn't allow a refund (partial or full) then it might be worth contacting your travel provider to postpone it until next year. I'd still check the flight on Ryanair to see if they've cancelled it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:21:07 »

yes I'm sure 

no they haven't cancelled it

booked direct with Ryanair. they won't even waive the change fee,

next year = 260 each way + difference in flight cost. I'm not giving those scammers another 1k.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, July 31, 2020, 08:14:46 »

Booked to go to Turkey a week on Tuesday. Hopefully cases don't spike before then and we get a second lockdown.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #168 on: Friday, July 31, 2020, 08:29:40 »

We have confirmation that we are allowed to go to Belgium driving over on the 23rd August for a week via Eurotunnel.

We wont be mixing much with anyone and have a lodge with a private hot tub, so at least distancing shouldnt be too difficult.

We also dont need to worry if we have to isolate for 14 days anyway as we both work from home anyway.

The only thing that could stop us is there is localized lockdowns preventing travel.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, July 31, 2020, 08:34:52 »

My family must be lucky. We'd booked:

- Holiday to Spain in August
- A week away with mates in Manchester from Sunday

I'll let you know where we think of going next, so you can all avoid!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, July 31, 2020, 08:36:03 »

We have confirmation that we are allowed to go to Belgium driving over on the 23rd August for a week via Eurotunnel.

We wont be mixing much with anyone and have a lodge with a private hot tub, so at least distancing shouldnt be too difficult.

We also dont need to worry if we have to isolate for 14 days anyway as we both work from home anyway.

The only thing that could stop us is there is localized lockdowns preventing travel.

Lockdown with Leffe JJ?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #171 on: Friday, July 31, 2020, 09:01:31 »

Lockdown with Leffe JJ?
Not that weak shit mate Wink

I prefer quads, I rarely drink anything under 9% these days, I drink for the taste not to get drunk as I find I cannot drink enough to get drunk now, quality over quantity.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 07:28:19 »

Flew out to Izmir yesterday. Luton airport was quiet but that more than suited me. Hardly any of the eateries or pubs was open either, again fine for me.

Our flight was delayed due to an issue with who was supposed to deep clean the aircraft but all 82 passengers seemed to be wearing masks, which was less uncomfortable for the 3.5 hours than I thought. We did get a pre-packaged food and a drink so of course had to take the masks off, but given the low numbers of people on the flight, being socially distanced was easy.

No extra checks at Izmir airport, just had to pop our form that we filled in on the plane for track and tracing purposes, wait for our cases and away we went.

I can completely understand why people wouldn't want to travel at the moment, but aside from having to wear a mask, I found the whole experience good. For my own mental health we had to get out of London, I was getting quite claustrophobic and a change was definitely needed!!

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 07:58:28 »

My friend did cabin crew for easyJet Luton to Malaga yesterday. Only 50 on a 186 seater. She was going to tell them about Spanish bank holiday on Saturday which means every single thing will shut. She was also going to mention the strict fines for not wearing a mask outside your home. But she said and I quote “ they were all horrible chavs so fuck them”
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 08:20:35 »

My friend did cabin crew for easyJet Luton to Malaga yesterday. Only 50 on a 186 seater. She was going to tell them about Spanish bank holiday on Saturday which means every single thing will shut. She was also going to mention the strict fines for not wearing a mask outside your home. But she said and I quote “ they were all horrible chavs so fuck them”

haha - I know the type!

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 00:23:47 »

I'm sure they all weren't but a shame that some genuinely sensible culture seekers would have missed out on this information. Most likely though that a few loud tossers who'd had "some cans" at Luton spoilt it. In any case, I would have probably checked out this kind of info as I did when I was in Spain for Pilar during October. Can't wait for those kind of times again. Can't stand "Brits abroad" though, and I think you know what I mean Mex  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 00:27:25 »

Flew out to Izmir yesterday. Luton airport was quiet but that more than suited me. Hardly any of the eateries or pubs was open either, again fine for me.

No extra checks at Izmir airport, just had to pop our form that we filled in on the plane for track and tracing purposes, wait for our cases and away we went.

I can completely understand why people wouldn't want to travel at the moment, but aside from having to wear a mask, I found the whole experience good. For my own mental health we had to get out of London, I was getting quite claustrophobic and a change was definitely needed!!

This is all brilliantly reassuring. I will be looking to book my flight for about 6 weeks time. No need to pay extra to book a specific seat then, either?

Glad you have got out of nodnoL mate. I have DM'd you BO, in glorious Bamboo shorthand  Wink Give me a shout when you get a chance. I bet that heat was wonderous when you stepped of the plane! I'll be there soon! Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 09:25:33 »

I'm sure they all weren't but a shame that some genuinely sensible culture seekers would have missed out on this information. Most likely though that a few loud tossers who'd had "some cans" at Luton spoilt it. In any case, I would have probably checked out this kind of info as I did when I was in Spain for Pilar during October. Can't wait for those kind of times again. Can't stand "Brits abroad" though, and I think you know what I mean Mex  Wink

There were no drinking establishments open at Luton airport that I could see, so no opportunities for people to take pictures of their pints of lager to put on social media!

This is all brilliantly reassuring. I will be looking to book my flight for about 6 weeks time. No need to pay extra to book a specific seat then, either?

Glad you have got out of nodnoL mate. I have DM'd you BO, in glorious Bamboo shorthand  Wink Give me a shout when you get a chance. I bet that heat was wonderous when you stepped of the plane! I'll be there soon! Smiley

sorry Bamboo, I did see that message but we've been so busy getting our gaff in London sorted to get it on the market on Tuesday so I haven't had a chance to reply. I'm not being ignorant, promise!! Smiley

Um, I think we did upgrade slightly so that we could book a seat nearer the front of the plane. The thinking behind this was that I thought there would be loads of checks at the airport so wanted to get off as quick as possible. As it occurred there were barely any checks and the cases took bloody ages anyway so was a bit of a frivolous purchase in the end.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 09:41:32 »

^^^ "Inbox full"   Smiley
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 09:48:09 »

^^^ "Inbox full"   Smiley

that as well!! Wink

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: