Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Murica  (Read 79117 times)
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #195 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 17:42:33 »

Are you talking about the Wisconsin shooting? The guy's in hospital, in a serious condition.

My mistake, I read this morning that he had died. Amazed he didn't to be honest.

there's no context with the video.

it looks like the police just shot him in the back as he got in the car.

but it's possible he said "I'm going to kill you" before walking back to the car

If he said anything threatening he should have been face first in the bonnet or tarmac, not followed around the car and allowed to open the door and reach in if that was going to be perceived as a threat. Especially a threat that was deemed to require lethal force.

They appear to have terrible training all round. About the only thing they do seem proficient at is aiming and shooting.

Although, and I'm not trying to make excuses for them, it's probably harder for them considering there's a good chance the other guy has a gun as well.

I completely get this and there have been instances where lack of training or just not being up to the task have played a part, the Michael Brown shooting I think could be one. Shooting someone seven times in the back because you think they may be reaching for a weapon is beyond any such explanation in my opinion.
Flashheart

« Reply #196 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 17:05:13 »

The bloke they shot recently, paralyzing him (I can't keep up with their names).

They've handcuffed him to his hospital bed. The same hospital bed he's laying in... because he's paralyzed.

'Murica.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 17:19:22 »

fucking hell!

has anyone read anything to say why the officer actress like that?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 17:37:26 »

Also being noted that the white militia guy (sorry bullied teenager according to The Times https://twitter.com/alex_tea/status/1299281555270107137?s=19 ) who shot two protesters dead did so in front of the police and no action taken initially, yet a unarmed black guy walking away towards his car got shot 7 times in the back and paralysed....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 08:57:35 »

At what stage is someone going to have a quiet word with the police and suggest they perhaps exercise a bit of caution, at least for a while?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54007884
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 09:51:01 »

At what stage is someone going to have a quiet word with the police and suggest they perhaps exercise a bit of caution, at least for a while?

They're not. That's the whole point, Trump is doing the exact opposite, telling them to carry on and labelling anyone who thinks ooh, maybe steady up a bit, as far left, antifa etc etc. If anything all the messaging coming from the US govt is not just carry on, but "double down" as that horrid American expression has it
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 09:52:14 »

And in other news, I see Trump has been calling for his supporters to (illegally) vote twice to "test the system".
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 10:14:19 »

Quote from: horlock07

but they could have followed procedures by the book
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 11:03:05 »

but they could have followed procedures by the book

No idea, way outside my area of expertise, but unless a spit hood is designed to kill the person its being used on, not sure how they can have followed procedures?

From that piece 'The Metropolitan Police says its medically supervised tests have found "spit hoods" present no risk to a suspect's breathing.'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 09:28:10 »

Gets evermore like 1930's Germany...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/14/ice-detainees-hysterectomies-medical-neglect-irwin-georgia
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 10:31:28 »

Meanwhile Trump has pulled an election ad calling on patriotic Americans to vote for him to "support our troops" using photos of MiG-29 fighters and troops carring AK-47s. Temporarily forgot he's not supposed to let people know he's a Russian asset.

EDIT: and here it is

« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 11:31:52 by pauld » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 10:37:25 »

I always find it odd that in the "West" supporting your armies and government, pictured with soldiers holding guns either side of a flag is accepted as supporting "patriotism", yet when that's done in the "East"... Hmmm

There's a meme for this somewhere.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 10:43:35 »

I always find it odd that in the "West" supporting your armies and government, pictured with soldiers holding guns either side of a flag is accepted as supporting "patriotism", yet when that's done in the "East"... Hmmm

There's a meme for this somewhere.

Its much the same as the grey area when 'freedom fighters' become 'terrorists'.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 11:02:47 »

Yes, also the long term perception-led-by-government (and institution) that we have always been on the "good" side. When really, we've been on the "bad" side. It's more in very recent times, because of WWII that we were seen as the lesser of two evils.

I still hold the belief that the UK has only got involved in things where we hold vested interests (fuels mostly) or want to retain our control. We, along with several other countries really are a just a big bunch of bullying fuckers. Except the UK is being rather childish about it all now and they're trying to take their ball home with them.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #209 on: Friday, September 18, 2020, 20:56:18 »

I saw this linked an I thought... 'Nah'

But I checked, and, yeah. It is genuine.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: