Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Furloughed workers on here  (Read 29369 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 16:33:26 »

Good idea, Paul.

I'm sorry to hear of your shitty situation, Si. Good luck mate.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 17:20:23 »

It's a personal viewpoint based on personal experiences.

I've seen a lot of self interest from those in positions within Unions - not just trying to keep the jobs for the boys either, actively working against other Union members for their own self interest but using their position of power within a Union (plenty of occasions and plenty of people over many years).

I've done alright by myself thank you without ever needing someone to do my talking for me - I know, this one really doesn't chime with some of my more Progressive/Social views.  I've never been one for the left and right labels though.

Similar to me.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #92 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 17:47:29 »

An unexpected scenario. I got offered the most junior of roles in the new structure, with a £7.5k salary reduction. I've worked there for 7.5 years and I'm currently in a management position.

Needless to say I declined it.

Cheeky fuckers
Flashheart

« Reply #93 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 18:10:07 »

That's shit, Si.

Hope it works out.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 18:13:45 »

Sorry to hear that Si.

From a personal perspective, I'm back part time from July, 40% time and still full salary. Company have been very good at topping up salary throughout which has been helpful - not least because I'm still in probation and they could get shot of me in a heartbeat. Just have to hope things pick up before the cash reserves run out.
Panda Paws

« Reply #95 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 07:37:37 »

I think it's a great idea Paul.

I'm starting to feel the pinch now - losing about a third of my income because our market is struggling so hitting sales targets isis next to impossible. If it goes on much longer, it'll force my hand into leaving a company I don't want to leave, and have helped build from the ground up.

Still, incredibly thankful to have an income at all.

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 08:22:00 »

Sorry to read some of you are going through difficult times. My brother is in a similar situation. Was furloughed but now back at work. His wages have been cut by 25% though and been told "we have to do it". Others have been let go completely. Those left are having to bear the extra workload of those who've gone.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 10:40:38 »

Re: Paul's idea, I've been thinking of setting up a Facebook group or something similar. Job postings, recruitment advice, tax help, that kind of thing.

Would that be of interest to anyone?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 11:18:31 »

I think any group that can provide support is a good one

I've had one extended period of no work after the banking crash and having support is vital
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 11:41:16 »

This got me thinking - there's likely to be quite a few folks getting laid off over the next 12 months or so and people on here aren't going to be immune to that. Is there any mileage in a sub-section for jobs listings etc? Helping each other out when we know of jobs that are going? The company I work at have 3 vacancies they've just set live (Client liaison and product support roles in a transaction processing company, if those sound relevant) which I doubt would help Si but may be of relevance to someone else on here that I don't know about. I'd be happy to pass on deatails if anyone is interested, PM me. But perhaps might be worth a sub-section to do in a more structured way? Or it could be a complete waste of time?

Great idea and hope that it can help fellow posters in seeking employment
Having created this thread my experience as follows, 15 of us were furloughed and now we have union representation it made  the company choose voluntary' first otherwise without a doubt all of us would have been chosen from first so unions can be very helpful and I know my company hated having them involved with the deciding factor. All of the furloughed staff were regularly updated, only lost 20% pay and told to report back on the 1st July.

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 21:15:06 »

Great idea as mirrored above PaulD. Samdy, get on it if you have the time or resource to set up and manage it. If you need an admin of the page I'll happily do the odd "shift" now and again.

Back to PaulD's idea a resource, subpage whatever, would be good on here to have as a point of call for anyone as it will be some familiarity. I'm sure there are going to be people who have never been in this situation before and it can be bloody daunting. So less "jobs for the boys" but a little opportunity working with someone you "know" or loosely know could be a good starting point, even if it's just to steady the ship.

In some respects this could be a good opportunity for many of us, especially with global resource and things more pushing towards permanently WFH.

As someone on here said to me - 'never underestimate the power of the TEF'. I'm sure we can all do our thing.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 22:32:48 »

Great idea as mirrored above PaulD. Samdy, get on it if you have the time or resource to set up and manage it. If you need an admin of the page I'll happily do the odd "shift" now and again.

Back to PaulD's idea a resource, subpage whatever, would be good on here to have as a point of call for anyone as it will be some familiarity. I'm sure there are going to be people who have never been in this situation before and it can be bloody daunting. So less "jobs for the boys" but a little opportunity working with someone you "know" or loosely know could be a good starting point, even if it's just to steady the ship.

In some respects this could be a good opportunity for many of us, especially with global resource and things more pushing towards permanently WFH.

As someone on here said to me - 'never underestimate the power of the TEF'. I'm sure we can all do our thing.

It's trying to give a heads up when the jobs are also advertised online which nearly all big companies use

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 16:37:23 »

I hope all the furloughed workers on here are fortunate to be going back to work tomorrow

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 17:20:42 »

My assistant is returning to work tomorrow which is great news.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 18:14:04 »

My assistant is returning to work tomorrow which is great news.

Nice one and I'm also back tomorrow hopefully with thousands across the country

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: