Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Furloughed workers on here  (Read 29639 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 15:22:33 »

Unions representing their members is what members pay them to do. Collectivism is a wonderful thing.

Spare me the bull and rhetoric I don’t need it at the moment, neither do many others. I have Been delivering cov19 kits to Brize for the Falklands, ascension is, Cap Verde, South Georgia and Tristan Da Cuna. Pharma printing to pharma packaging plants, human tissue to and from acute wards to the labs where they culture the stuff, aircraft parts from RR for the military as well as commercial aircraft. IT hardware to places you’d not believe all hours all to help keep the country running. PPE, fuck off don’t make me laugh. Please I’m very volatile at the moment, your fucking claptrap is not going to help. Thank you.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 15:40:53 »

Slightly off topic but still relevant is this shit storm over Cummings. Forget the politics for a few moments will you as you’ll find eventually given time many others on all sides will have for their own ‘justifiable’ reason broke lockdown. Now if you come down the hierarchical pyramid to our pleb level, I can assure you all that individuals at every social, economic, man about the town has been breaking the fucking rules. How do I know? Well I have fucking seen them when out and about on the motorways, dual carriageway ways, A roads, B roads, and back water country roads. Not everyone outside on the normal rush hour traffic was going shopping for essentials, I have had a run ins with them, as have me fellow driving colleagues. It sure does not make it right but if any of you thought that EVERYONE would play by the rules, then you need a check up from the neck up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 15:45:18 »

but if Joe Blogs breaks the rules, then I just think they're a bit of a tit.

if the people who make the rules break them, I think there rules are obviously shite in the first place so may be ignored within reason.

double standards, yeah, probably a fair accusation.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 15:50:41 »

I work in Benefits, so sadly due to the current circumstances work has never been busier, and will continue to be so for a long time i feel, so my job is reasonably safe right now...

Likely a forgotten key worker by many. I know that several in your area of work come under a lot of flack at times. My mum used to work in the sector. I for one, feel you lot have been doing a cracking job considering the circumstances, the amount of work you've had to shelve in order to cope with this new demand and influx of work.

It will take a while for things to get back to "normal" in that area per se. Keep on. You have my full support (not sure what that is worth but yeah).

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 16:05:51 »

Spare me the bull and rhetoric I don’t need it at the moment, neither do many others. I have Been delivering cov19 kits to Brize for the Falklands, ascension is, Cap Verde, South Georgia and Tristan Da Cuna. Pharma printing to pharma packaging plants, human tissue to and from acute wards to the labs where they culture the stuff, aircraft parts from RR for the military as well as commercial aircraft. IT hardware to places you’d not believe all hours all to help keep the country running. PPE, fuck off don’t make me laugh. Please I’m very volatile at the moment, your fucking claptrap is not going to help. Thank you.

So he can't have an opinion on the importance of unions because you've been out working? From someone who has also been out working the whole time, go fuck yourself.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 16:40:31 »

I can assure you all that individuals at every social, economic, man about the town has been breaking the fucking rules. How do I know? Well I have fucking seen them when out and about on the motorways, dual carriageway ways, A roads, B roads, and back water country roads. Not everyone outside on the normal rush hour traffic was going shopping for essentials, I have had a run ins with them, as have me fellow driving colleagues. It sure does not make it right but if any of you thought that EVERYONE would play by the rules, then you need a check up from the neck up.

So you’ve just seen people driving but immediately know they’ve broken the rules without knowing their personal circumstances?

How do you know they weren’t merely testing their eyesight? Or arranging childcare?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 17:21:07 »

I am sure that there were many who didn't want to hear all of the Brexit based bs ...

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 18:31:10 »

So he can't have an opinion on the importance of unions because you've been out working? From someone who has also been out working the whole time, go fuck yourself.

I extend the gracious compliment to you too.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 18:31:47 »

I am sure that there were many who didn't want to hear all of the Brexit based bs ...

Carlsberg.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 18:39:34 »

Lots of very angry people who need to chill out a bit.  Shouting on here is not going to solve anything, just make you feel worse.

Anyway.

My entire sector (live music / events) has been wiped out.  The first to finally go when the government actually made a decision and probably will be the last to return in any meaningful way.

Self employed so I am not furloughed.

I have found work for 9 weeks after my shows finished (last show was 16th March) but that finished today.  I have worked out that with self employed grants, wages from what I have been doing and other money I have managed to sort out from previous employees I may be able to last for the rest of the year if I live frugally and the wife keeps working.  But there is a fear for mental health if I don't find anything to do.  I will have a couple of weeks off and see where we go from there.

Ive been driving up and down to just outside London 5 or 6 times a week and it has changed in the last 3.  Traffic has not returned to actual pre lockdown levels but it's not a million miles away.  It's a very stark change.  My relief today was 20 minutes late as he was caught in traffic because people were parking all up and down the hill illegally so they could cram into the 'lido'.  

One thing I know Ive got to do is cut back on twatter / facebook.  Ive become very aware that this is massively detrimental to mental health.  The arguments and screaming on here as well.  I look at social media for 10 minutes and find myself tense, on edge and furious.  The effect of this anger is only damaging me and solving nothing.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 18:54:55 »

Think that's a very sensible post Sax. I recognise the same - there's a lot of anger out there, much of it justified but angry people talk to angry people and get angrier and when everyone's stuck inside with fuck all to do it all gets a bit toxic.

The psychology of lockdown and not working generally I suspect is going to end up being pretty grim stuff. For all the "we will build a better society after this" takes at the start... well, I'm not holding out much hope, especially if the economy goes fully to pot.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 18:58:33 »

Yep.  We'll see what happens.  No point speculating and worrying.  Lets survive with our heads in tact and work on it if and when we recover.

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 19:06:27 »

For all the "we will build a better society after this" takes at the start... well, I'm not holding out much hope, especially if the economy goes fully to pot.

The population in general will continue living as the press dictates. And those in charge of the press will have little to no interest in changing things.

If the economy goes to pot - the poor will get the blame. Even more so than they are now.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 19:16:55 »

Have any of you considered fruit picking ?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 19:56:51 »

Lots of very angry people who need to chill out a bit.  Shouting on here is not going to solve anything, just make you feel worse.

Anyway.

My entire sector (live music / events) has been wiped out.  The first to finally go when the government actually made a decision and probably will be the last to return in any meaningful way.

Self employed so I am not furloughed.

I have found work for 9 weeks after my shows finished (last show was 16th March) but that finished today.  I have worked out that with self employed grants, wages from what I have been doing and other money I have managed to sort out from previous employees I may be able to last for the rest of the year if I live frugally and the wife keeps working.  But there is a fear for mental health if I don't find anything to do.  I will have a couple of weeks off and see where we go from there.

Ive been driving up and down to just outside London 5 or 6 times a week and it has changed in the last 3.  Traffic has not returned to actual pre lockdown levels but it's not a million miles away.  It's a very stark change.  My relief today was 20 minutes late as he was caught in traffic because people were parking all up and down the hill illegally so they could cram into the 'lido'.  

One thing I know Ive got to do is cut back on twitter / facebook.  Ive become very aware that this is massively detrimental to mental health.  The arguments and screaming on here as well.  I look at social media for 10 minutes and find myself tense, on edge and furious.  The effect of this anger is only damaging me and solving nothing.

Good meaningful post Sax and whwn I get fed up with social media etc I just switch off and lose myself outside with nature where all materialistic things and negative comments are forgotten

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: