Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Scunthorpe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 113788 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:01:12 »

Not going by the amount of seats left in all three stands just now on the website

Indeed, we'd be lucky to reach 7500.

It's not too bad in Highworth at the moment - gusty winds but hardly any rain this morning. The really heavy rain is still over east Wales at the moment and should be in Swindon around 2pm.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:02:10 »

Interesting that a number of people are predicting 0-0 even though we haven't had a goalless league game all season.

Presumably because of the anticipated weather?
Interesting, I have predicted a 0-0 in every game so far, so you can discount my guess Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:04:26 »

Be a shame if it痴 called off - club are expecting a crowd of 9000
I would be shocked if we got 9,000 for this game, 7,800 max IMO, even in good weather.

The weather in South Somerset is horrific and far worse than last weekend, if it moves up towards Swindon the game will not be played for certain.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:10:35 »

Indeed, we'd be lucky to reach 7500.

It's not too bad in Highworth at the moment - gusty winds but hardly any rain this morning. The really heavy rain is still over east Wales at the moment and should be in Swindon around 2pm.

Heavy rain now in North Swindon and the wind is definitely picking up. No doubts it would have been 9000 if the weather was good but with the weather setting in I can't see many more tickets being sold

So, give no fucks
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:14:01 »

I would be shocked if we got 9,000 for this game, 7,800 max IMO, even in good weather.

The weather in South Somerset is horrific and far worse than last weekend, if it moves up towards Swindon the game will not be played for certain.

The wind is nowhere near bad enough to call the game off on safety concerns. The only question is how much rain can the pitch take before it becomes waterlogged? Hardly any heavy rain so far, so you'd expect such a good surface to withstand 3-4 hours of heavy rain.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:15:56 »

Scunthorpe have sold under 50 in pre sales apparently. So even if the weather was better they won't be bringing more than 2 coach loads.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #81 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:17:01 »

The wind is nowhere near bad enough to call the game off on safety concerns. The only question is how much rain can the pitch take before it becomes waterlogged? Hardly any heavy rain so far, so you'd expect such a good surface to withstand 3-4 hours of heavy rain.
Thats good then, down here the tree outside my back window is almost bent in half under the wind, its far worse than we saw last week down here 100 miles South West of the CG.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:20:32 »

Outside pros and cons of playing today one thing it ought to do is encourage the town to keep it down on the deck. Scunny on the other hand may see this as an opportunity to blast, pound, pummel and bombard the defence with direct long balls up to their forwards and hope to cause panic in the defence.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:20:51 »

Thats good then, down here the tree outside my back window is almost bent in half under the wind, its far worse than we saw last week down here 100 miles South West of the CG.

Wind gusts of 56mph forecast for 5pm. It will certainly be the worst conditions we have played in for many years, so the game is likely to be a farce.

Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:21:58 »

Outside pros and cons of playing today one thing it ought to do is encourage the town to keep it down on the deck. Scunny on the other hand may see this as an opportunity to blast, pound, pummel and bombard the defence with direct long balls up to their forwards and hope to cause panic in the defence.

I thought I read somewhere that they are 7th in the table for possession, so perhaps not as long ball as people think.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:24:54 »

the rain is just arriving I think.

conditions can be a real leveller. same across most of the UK though I guess
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:28:20 »

Enjoy, I've just had a cooked breakfast  Bye
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:28:49 »

the rain is just arriving I think.

conditions can be a real leveller. same across most of the UK though I guess

Yes, latest radar doesn't look good with heavy rain right up to kick off. Thankfully we have the best pitch in L2.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #88 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:33:09 »

The local game down here Yeovil has been called off already, as have 9 other COnfernce games.

Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:38:04 »

The local game down here Yeovil has been called off already, as have 9 other COnfernce games.

No EFL games off...so far.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: