Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Scunthorpe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 113804 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 03:35:56 »

Does anyone know if I can buy and adver near the ground?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 03:51:52 »

Someone’s been on the pop!

Anyway, have we changed how we play certain players since the return of the dynamic duo? 2 great chances spurned by DJ in the sort of position you’d expect Doyle to be. Then the GP is out on the wing to deliver the cross for the winning goal.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 06:58:10 »

Someone’s been on the pop!

Anyway, have we changed how we play certain players since the return of the dynamic duo? 2 great chances spurned by DJ in the sort of position you’d expect Doyle to be. Then the GP is out on the wing to deliver the cross for the winning goal.

Is that different? It's always struck me when I've seen him play that he's not just about the goals but gets involved a hell of a lot in the build up play...
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 06:59:51 »

I noticed a couple of times that he seemed to be playing a little deeper than usual. Maybe he still needs to get a month at Bradford out of his system?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 09:14:08 »

Win. 3-1.

Hoping that the weather isn't too bad as i'm venturing west for this one. Can't remember the last time I went to the CG and it wasn't blowing a gale!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 09:50:21 »

Tomorrow’s weather forecast adds some uncertainty to the outcome - assuming the game goes ahead of course(last weekend’s Man City game was called off for safety reasons).
Also, Scunthorpe have recently changed manager which can bring initial improvements in results.
Ordinarily I’d feel very confident of winning comfortably tomorrow, but I think the wind will make it another difficult game to watch, particularly when we are playing into the gale. On the positive side, we have shown against Exeter and Crewe among others that we can grind out a win in those conditions,  so I am predicting the same tomorrow - a home win, probably by one goal only.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 09:53:38 »

Tomorrow’s weather forecast adds some uncertainty to the outcome - assuming the game goes ahead of course(last weekend’s Man City game was called off for safety reasons).
Also, Scunthorpe have recently changed manager which can bring initial improvements in results.
Ordinarily I’d feel very confident of winning comfortably tomorrow, but I think the wind will make it another difficult game to watch, particularly when we are playing into the gale. On the positive side, we have shown against Exeter and Crewe among others that we can grind out a win in those conditions,  so I am predicting the same tomorrow - a home win, probably by one goal only.

We'll be fine, the CG was designed as a wind tunnel to give us an advantage...  Smiley

It won't be a pretty game, and we're all in for a soaking, but hopefully it'll be worth it for the 3 points.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 10:00:46 »

Hopefully the new ground design will incorporate a state of the art wind turbine that can be adjusted depending on which end we are kicking towards.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 10:46:11 »

Alternatively, in the interests of saving money (ergo aiding sustainability) we should look around for an old railway turntable and mount the pitch on it so that it can be turned depending on prevailing winds after tossing up or at half time as necessary.
Even better, whenever the opposition shoot on target the pitch could be spun round and ... bingo! Own goal!

Must be better than moving the goalposts ...

I'm surprised someone else didn't think of this before.  Hmmm
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 11:11:04 »

The forecast doesn't look quite as bad as forecast, with a band of heavy rain over Swindon around lunch time then lighter/moderate rain around kick-off, with more heavy showers during the game. Wind gusts of 49mph. Still shit, but not quite as gloomy!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 11:17:31 »

I noticed a couple of times that he seemed to be playing a little deeper than usual. Maybe he still needs to get a month at Bradford out of his system?

Obviously was the first time I had seen him in the flesh, but due to the midfield being crap he was having to drop bloody deep at Carlisle to get the ball.
Flashheart

« Reply #56 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 13:16:27 »

Caddis, Baudry, and Anderson all out... according to Wellens
REDBUCK

« Reply #57 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 13:53:43 »

So whose up for left back
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 13:57:05 »

So whose up for left back
Same back 4 as finished the game Tuesday so Hunt, REG, Broadbent and Fryers
Flashheart

« Reply #59 on: Friday, February 14, 2020, 13:59:43 »

Broadbent did well. I'd be happy to see him in at CB.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: