Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 68967 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 07:34:37 »

Here we go. A must win  Smiley

1-1 att: 5,965 (1,100 us)
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 08:17:31 »

We'll lose or draw, the meltdown will begin then we won't lose again for the rest of the season. 2-2, think woolery or isgrove will start. If baudry is fit who missed out I wonder..

*misses out
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 08:26:35 »

Tuesday evening, away from home, against a physical team, ex-player up front and they had a jammy win against earlier in the season...

2-0 Swindon, Doyle and Yates to start scoring again in front of 5655 (1,145 Town).
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 08:48:12 »

We'll lose or draw, the meltdown will begin then we won't lose again for the rest of the season.

I also think we'll lose the top spot, ginger Pele will continue his goal drought, then we'll go on a decent run to the end of the season.

2-1 loss. Yates to score. 5,676 att. (1285 of us)
Panda Paws

« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 09:02:35 »

Would take a draw. Last "hard" away game of the season. Our run-in is a doddle in comparison to others.

https://twitter.com/FutJacques/status/1226645967765745664

1-1. Doyle. 5330 (1128).

Think it's time for a refresh a little. Expecting changes. I'd like to see Issy get more game time, but not tomorrow. We need power, pace and strength so Woolery comes back in, and Lyden alongside Grant should give us more control. DJ or Doughty is a coin toss.

Team:

Benda

Caddis
Baudry
REG
Hunt

Lyden
Grant
Doughty

Woolery
Doyle
Yates

« Last Edit: Monday, February 10, 2020, 09:12:12 by Panda Paws » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 09:04:12 »

Will take a point
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 09:27:39 »

Our away form is starting to concern me a little... I know our games have been tough but we haven't picked many points up away from the CG recently and the longer that goes on I think we'll start getting in a rut. Could really do with a win tomorrow, I don't buy the "run in is easy" stuff. It won't be easy at all and it's very Bradford of us to assume we have a right to win these games.

I'm not going all Reg and saying it's a must win, but I feel like it would be a big statement. 4 points from Carlisle and Northampton would be a great return.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 10, 2020, 09:33:33 by Tails » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 09:37:11 »

Our away form is starting to concern me a little... I know our games have been tough but we haven't picked many points up away from the CG recently and the longer that goes on I think we'll start getting in a rut. Could really do with a win tomorrow, I don't buy the "run in is easy" stuff. It won't be easy at all and it's very Bradford of us to assume we have a right to win these games.

I'm not going all Reg and saying it's a must win, but I feel like it would be a big statement. 4 points from Carlisle and Northampton would be a great return.

Tomorrow isn't must win... it's an anything is a bonus game. The good news is we cannot drop out of the top 3...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 09:43:26 »

Northampton 0-0 Swindon in front of 5,792 with 1,221 Swindon fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 09:43:58 »

I don't buy the "run in is easy" stuff. It won't be easy at all and it's very Bradford of us to assume we have a right to win these games.

Of course it won't be easy, but I'd wouldn't swap it for any other team's.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 09:47:53 »

Think it's time for a refresh a little. Expecting changes. I'd like to see Issy get more game time, but not tomorrow. We need power, pace and strength so Woolery comes back in, and Lyden alongside Grant should give us more control. DJ or Doughty is a coin toss.

Team:

Benda

Caddis
Baudry
REG
Hunt

Lyden
Grant
Doughty

Woolery
Doyle
Yates
I would go with that team except I wouldn't drop DJ I think he is integral to a lot of our attacking moves, I would say that team but with DJ instead of Woolery.

I agree with dropping Fryers back to the bench for this game if Vaudry is fit, Fryers was really poor on Saturday and needs more time off the bench before starting again.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 10:32:46 »

Fair comment, although we seem be doing a little better v the top teams. Plymouth, Crewe and Exeter all beaten in 2020!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 10:33:03 »

That's a really good way of putting it. Think one of the things that people are forgetting when we drop points and look at fixtures where they think we might drop points is that everyone else will do that too. Exeter, Crewe, Plymouth etc are not Liverpool, as Plymouth showed at the weekend. That said, I think we'll win at Sixfields and everyone will be fine again, until the next one Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 10:36:44 »

I think it's ours to throw away now.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 10:41:30 »

I think it's ours to throw away now.
TBF its an old cliché but it has been ours to throw away since we went top after the Salford game.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: