Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Work/Dress shirts  (Read 7462 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:16:50 »

And the TEF's drift from sweary, edgy blokiness into middle-aged mumsnet continues inexorably.

How are we going to get the new blood in with this sort of pulse-raising stuff? Please someone think of the kids!

But why? They are bloody irritating! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:17:00 »

And the TEF's drift from sweary, edgy blokiness into middle-aged mumsnet continues inexorably.

How are we going to get the new blood in with this sort of pulse-raising stuff? Please someone think of the kids!

Only to be expected.

It reflects the general lurch to the right... you can only get cheap shirts from the likes of M and S and H and M, because of the exploitation of Bangladeshi workers, who have been involved recently in strikes and protests to improve wages and conditions, a factory fell down killing 2,500 workers.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:22:26 »

Only to be expected.

It reflects the general lurch to the right... you can only get cheap shirts from the likes of M and S and H and M, because of the exploitation of Bangladeshi workers, who have been involved recently in strikes and protests to improve wages and conditions, a factory fell down killing 2,500 workers.

So where do you get your shirts from Reg?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:23:58 »

So where do you get your shirts from Reg?

Charity shops....
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:27:01 »

I stick to white cotton shirts, with cuffs as it happens, and generally "Buy" like a shrewd but also ruthless asset stripper when I get the opportunity at GBP 20.00.  M&S may be a banker but, less boringly, TK Max can offer some interesting alternatives.

Reg with a serious and valid "political" point to shame those of us with scruples who don't necessarily act on them.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:37:04 »

Charity shops....

Which presumably hadn't initially come from M&S or H&M or similarly from an entity which has exploited child labour?

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:39:13 »

Be gentle.

Reg only exploits eastern European young laydeez
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:40:59 »

Which presumably hadn't initially come from M&S or H&M or similarly from an entity which has exploited child labour?

I try to avoid, but I'm sure it isn't fool proof.   However, there is the secondary consideration of avoiding unnecessary consumption and the waste of finite resources, by going second hand.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:42:38 »

I've started to picture Reg as the crowman.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:53:19 »

Like most things in H&M do they size incredibly small? I have bought casual shirts from their and whilst I am not remotely broad shouldered they are always very tight across the shoulders!
I like most of the stuff in H&M but being a fat bastard they don't make anything near big enough for me here, I did however pick up some nice shirts in the H&M in Copenhagen which fitted really well.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:59:00 »

Must have missed that bit....

You don't get much of this sort of stuff since the likes of Ironside goose-stepped over the horizon.

And like a cunt you are full of spunk, fuck off you cum filled frog clunge, don't bring a knife to a sword fight, just wave your froggy white flag now.

In fact, that seems to be the last occasion on which the word "clunge" appeared on the TEF. Has it disappeared from common parlance since DMR got banged up?

(Sorry if this is offending those who are looking for good dress-shirt advice.)

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 14:01:49 »

Be gentle.

Reg only exploits eastern European young laydeez

In his imagination...

Worzel Bummidge? (will only work if you watched the most recent incarnation, t'was my daughters favourite bit of the whole show)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 14:02:46 »

Like most things in H&M do they size incredibly small? I have bought casual shirts from their and whilst I am not remotely broad shouldered they are always very tight across the shoulders!

I couldn't say. I wear a medium and they fit me fine. I'm neither tall or chubby though so your mileage may vary.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 14:05:30 »

A bit like Old Ned, of the May Horns tradition, Ned has to be encouraged to awaken fertility in May.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 14:06:51 »

Only to be expected.

While you might have a broader point about the general shittiness of the clothing industry, it's stretching it some to accuse people of buying their shirts new as being evidence of a "general lurch to the right".  Unless they're buying black shirts with deaths-head accessories, perhaps.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: