Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester U v Swindon Pre Match Chat and Matchday Thread  (Read 66613 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 18:07:51 »

The first comment on the 2nd set must be from their clueless resident special needs quota.
Comments very typical of fans of bottom 2 divisons clubs in the main.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 18:16:19 »

Did I miss nearly going bust 18 months ago?

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 18:22:35 »

No, don’t you remember? Gods sake man. We go bust every 18 months like clockwork. Keep up.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 18:30:20 »

Yeah it was about 18 months ago, dont you remember. Cheesy

Probably been reading Oxford, Rovers or Shitheads forums, theres always stuff on there about us on the verge of going bust.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 18:35:21 »

Was that before or after we signed up to buy the County Ground and have a £6m training ground built? (Allegedly)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 21:24:59 »

Making my way to this one. Went to Layer Road (what a hole that was) and I've driven past the Insert Sponsorship Name Stadium on my many trips to Ipswich but my first time actually going in.

Not sure what to expect. They've pumped us 3-0 twice this season so we probably owe them one. A lot of draws and nils recently so maybe 0-0 is a good shout.

Really hope Yates is back tomorrow
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 22:24:21 »

I parked on the road in the industrial estate, but this was a few years ago. The worst new stadium I've ever visited - completely soulless.

Exactly the same,  a few years ago now but parked on the industrial estate,  not sure if this is still possible,  usually were theres spaces that close to a ground theres always someone trying to cash in. Remember there was a burger van on the estate,  did a bloody good burger with mushrooms.   Also burgers, pies and beer on sale in the ground.      0-0  will keep me happy.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 23:02:41 »

Exactly the same,  a few years ago now but parked on the industrial estate,  not sure if this is still possible,  usually were theres spaces that close to a ground theres always someone trying to cash in. Remember there was a burger van on the estate,  did a bloody good burger with mushrooms.   Also burgers, pies and beer on sale in the ground.      0-0  will keep me happy.

Some of the retail units in the industrial estate were charging a fiver or so to use their car park.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Panda Paws

« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:25:47 »

Nice and local one for me - even though I hate going there.

They draw a lot of games, but have done an absolute job on us twice this season already so very, very tough to get out of there with anything more than a point.

0-0, 450 Town fans in a crowd of 3200.

Assuming Baudry is fit, I'd do Rose for Isgrove and sit in with a deep 6, get the ball to Doughty and on to one of the front 3 as quickly as possible in transition. Bury away last season....

« Last Edit: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:40:29 by Panda Paws » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:29:59 »

Nice and local one for me - even though I hate going there.

They draw a lot of games, but had done an absolute job on us twice this season already so very, very tough to get out of there with anything more than a point.

0-0, 450 Town fans in a crowd of 3200.

Assuming Baudry is fit, I'd do Rose for Isgrove and sit in with a deep 6, get the ball to Doughty and on to one of the front 3 as quickly as possible in transition. Bury away last season....

Don't forget Lyden is available..... I'd guess he'll come back in, yes probably for Isgrove.
Panda Paws

« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:31:00 »

Don't forget Lyden is available..... I'd guess he'll come back in, yes probably for Isgrove.

Good point - Lyden instead of Rose in that set up then.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:34:48 »

Good point - Lyden instead of Rose in that set up then.
Me too, Isgrove although great on his day has not been as good recently as early season(by his own admission too). Lyden will chase down anything though and often win it.

That would be my only change to Saturdays team. As you say as long as the Frenchman is fit to play 2 games in 3 days.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:42:34 »

Me too, Isgrove although great on his day has not been as good recently as early season(by his own admission too). Lyden will chase down anything though and often win it.

That would be my only change to Saturdays team. As you say as long as the Frenchman is fit to play 2 games in 3 days.

Completely agree. He's really struggled to find form since returning from injury. A spell on the sidelines is probably called for.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:42:41 »

The kind of team we do not do well against. I'd be happy with a point.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:49:25 »

The kind of team we do not do well against. I'd be happy with a point.
Definately agree, bt this team has surprosed me so many times this season and COlchesters long unbeaten run has to come to an end at some point. Might as well be us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: