Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester U v Swindon Pre Match Chat and Matchday Thread  (Read 67434 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #45 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 10:57:49 »

Strategic calf injury when you get home from work tonight. Limping around tomorrow morning. Tomorrow evening "Still not right love, don't want to risk straining it further, better rest it up. You go, though, I'll stay in"

Smiley

unfortunately she knows me too well
You can always pull off the old knee injury excuse HTH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #46 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 10:58:50 »

What type of dancing Batch? I'm guessing Salsa  Smiley
More like dancing IN salsa. Much more appealing if a little spicey.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 11:44:59 »

Although not against us, apparently. Is Baudry going to be up to 2 games in 3 days, especially with half an eye on Exeter on Saturday?
I think Baudry is going all out to be fit for both games, he went to one of those cryo therapy centres to help with muscle recovery yesterday. I’d play him next 2 games if possible and then rest him as we need his ability to bring the ball out against the better teams, he is a key component in the way we play and a lot of attacks start with him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 11:53:39 »

I’d play him next 2 games if possible and then rest him as we need his ability to bring the ball out against the better teams, he is a key component in the way we play and a lot of attacks start with him.
Completely agree which is why I suggested resting him tomorrow so he can play Saturday. Push comes to shove, I suspect Tails is right, he'll play the 1st 60-70 tomorrow and then be rested.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #49 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 11:57:00 »

Completely agree which is why I suggested resting him tomorrow so he can play Saturday. Push comes to shove, I suspect Tails is right, he'll play the 1st 60-70 tomorrow and then be rested.
Absolutely, this is what I expect as long as he has had no bad reaction to playing Saturday.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #50 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 12:00:54 »

* MT-salsa.jpg (254.83 KB, 823x1161 - viewed 284 times.)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 12:13:37 »

If Yates is back tomorrow Christ knows who we drop for him. Seen people suggest Woolery but he got an assist for the first and won the ball for Isgrove on the second against Vale. Looking back to through the goals we've scored this season I'd wager Woolery has been involved in the build up for well over half of them.
Nice to have choices again though.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 12:17:53 »

If Yates is back tomorrow Christ knows who we drop for him. Seen people suggest Woolery but he got an assist for the first and won the ball for Isgrove on the second against Vale. Looking back to through the goals we've scored this season I'd wager Woolery has been involved in the build up for well over half of them.
Nice to have choices again though.
Woolery or Hope for me, they both played well enough on Saturday but Yates offers more of a goal threat IMO, IF he is indeed back. But if he isn't I am happy to not have to replace either.

Panda Paws

« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 12:19:05 »

One of Hope or KW, and replace one with other. KW could have a big role to play in transition.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 12:23:15 »

Its a long season still ahead, Woolery will have a big part to play in that either as a starter and impact sub, the same goes for Anderson when he returns too and Fryers not to mention any of the possible new signings too.

Its a good position to be in.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 12:25:01 »

I don't think Yates will be available for tomorrow, but if he was, then personally I'd drop Isgrove. He's lost a bit of form since returning from injury and I don't think he'd had much joy against Colchester (he'll probably score a hat-trick against them now!)

Cats are better than dogs FACT
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 12:28:32 »

I don't think Yates will be available for tomorrow, but if he was, then personally I'd drop Isgrove. He's lost a bit of form since returning from injury and I don't think he'd had much joy against Colchester (he'll probably score a hat-trick against them now!)
Isgrove is probably the best shout yeah especially away from home.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 12:30:22 »

Latin/Ballroom.

3 lessons in and I can tell I'm not going to turn pro Smiley
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 12:32:32 »

This will be a tough game tomorrow - any team unbeaten in15 will have some momentum, even if the 15 include a fair few drawn games. Fairly strong home record, and conceding only 11 in 14 home games suggests we need a clean sheet tomorrow.
I’m not sure Yates will be back tomorrow - I thought RW had said at one point he had been recalled for this 2 games in 4 days. If he is available, I’d play Woolery and Hope leaving Isgrove on the bench (assuming no knocks from Saturday to be rested) - I think their greater physical strength could be required tomorrow.
I would be very happy with a point from this one and think a low scoring draw is on the cards, 0-0 or 1-1.

Possibly one for the other thread, but I’m not sure we are starting the “run in” quite yet - there will still be 15 games left after the Exeter game  on Saturday, that is virtually a third of the season. Call me a pedant if you like, but I generally think of the
last 8 games as being the run in, not the last 15 games / 3 months of the season.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #59 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 12:46:05 »

I was going by the post earlier that Lyden will replace Isgrove already.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: