Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 10924 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+158/-558

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 18:58:23 »

Who else has their sights in SN1?

SN 1  is a postcode area.... Swindon town centre south of the railway line, Old Town, southwest suburbs. It's quite a large area.  I know the Adver hacks keep using it, but that just shows how poor they are as it's meaningless as a descriptor for the CG.
NotHarryAgombar

+5/-1

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 19:37:26 »

A bit late (sorry) but my thoughts on yesterday’s game.
The game was dominated by the conditions, and we did well to grind out three points - as some others have said, recent years’ Swindon teams would have drawn or lost that game.
One thing we noticed was that fairly early in the second half, Baudry and Fryers stopped going back to receive goal kicks, with Benda going long instead - we assumed the message had gone from the bench not to risk the short passes with the danger of the ball stopping in a puddle.
Benda’s last minute stop was superb - redeemed his rash charge from the line and getting nowhere near the cross for their goal. Baudry and Fryers had good games at the back. Their main threat first half was down their left, where they gave Hunt a difficult time. Second half that was less in evidence. Grant was immense again in midfield, Doughty supported well although his set piece delivery was poor. Donohue again solid at left back. Lyden strengthened midfield when he came on, Anderson was ke6 in the first goal, DJ had a mixed game but his movement and turn before shooting for the second goal was good. Doyl3 and Yates excellent again up front. I thought Woolery also put in a good shift when he came on, including some important challenges.
A word on the referee - I thought his performance was mixed. The good was he tried to let the game flow, played advantage where possible, and allowed for the conditions too (if he hadn’t, Grant would certainly have got a yellow card). The bad was he was inconsistent in his decisions, gave some soft free kicks, and how the linesman and fourth official missed the assault on Doyle near our dugout shortly before half time I have no idea. They were a combined distance of less than 10 yards away.

At the end of the season this will be one of those results we look back on as vital in terms of league position - getting points in difficult conditions which mitigate against good football is vital.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

+82/-106

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 08:19:34 »

Anyone notice that Doughty looked like Jerry Garcia
Peter Venkman

+312/-178

Enjoy yourself its later than you think.

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 10:11:18 »

I saw a rumour on twitter the other day from a Bradford fan that a deal is already agreed. Probably bollocks mind
I heard from someone who works at the club that says a deal is in place to buy the rest of Doyles contract for around £50k as he is out of contract in June and Bradford want him off the wage bill and sell him while they can still get a modest fee for him.

Could be bollocks but the chap has been right several times before this season.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 4, 2019, 10:16:07 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Because I chose to play the fool in a six-piece band
First-night nerves every one-night stand
I should be glad to be so inclined
What a waste! What a waste!
Rock n Roll don't mind.
Peter Venkman

+312/-178

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 10:14:11 »

Doyle then Grant closely behind in my book.
This for me too, very close call but both are needed for a promotion push. Grant is the best defensive midfielder for many years and he is not wanted by Shrewsbury who would take a small fee at most to sign him, but that depends on if a team from a higher league come in for him or not.

Apparently he loves it at Swindon and wants to come but Shrews are paying a fair proportion of his wages as Bradford are with Doyle so again wages could be the defining issue here.

Rock n Roll don't mind.
adje

+12/-4

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 10:31:34 »

😊Grateful for that observation

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman

+312/-178

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 10:36:17 »

I thought he looks more like Hagrid.

Rock n Roll don't mind.
willwalder

+0/-0

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 13:31:56 »

Want to hear from the Ginger Pele's "biological son"?

He's on this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07sts7s
pauld

+149/-132

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 13:44:06 »

Want to hear from the Ginger Pele's "biological son"?
Not sure why you've put that in quotes, are you trying to start a rumour? Wink
Peter Venkman

+312/-178

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 13:45:21 »

Heard that at half time on Saturday, they also said that Saturday was the first time in his career that Doyle had scored in 5 consecutive matches, 7 goals in 5 matches is pretty damn good.

14 goals in 14 matches for Swindon, when Doyle has scored we have won 5 games, drawn 2 and only lost once when he has been on the scoresheet.

He has scored 2 more goals than anyone else in the top 4 divisions of English football and double the next highest L2 top scorer (Yates, Lubala and Rose).

He has scored 2 more goals on his own than Stevenage and Walsall have managed as a whole team!

Doyle is ALREADY after just 17 matches our highest scorer in 4 seasons since Nicky Ajose 2015-16 season.

Rock n Roll don't mind.
THE FLASH

+21/-22

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 20:55:17 »

Heard that at half time on Saturday, they also said that Saturday was the first time in his career that Doyle had scored in 5 consecutive matches, 7 goals in 5 matches is pretty damn good.

14 goals in 14 matches for Swindon, when Doyle has scored we have won 5 games, drawn 2 and only lost once when he has been on the scoresheet.

He has scored 2 more goals than anyone else in the top 4 divisions of English football and double the next highest L2 top scorer (Yates, Lubala and Rose).

He has scored 2 more goals on his own than Stevenage and Walsall have managed as a whole team!

Doyle is ALREADY after just 17 matches our highest scorer in 4 seasons since Nicky Ajose 2015-16 season.

Whoa..

Impressive and a sad reflection on the decline at the same time.

DAVE SYRETT SAYS "Flash sells Retro T Shirts!"
Peter Venkman

+312/-178

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 09:36:59 »

Impressive and a sad reflection on the decline at the same time.
Yep in almost equal measure.

Rock n Roll don't mind.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: