Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 51982 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 12:04:07 »

Just browsed the Walsall forum and there was mention of a lad lying face down, paramedics in attendance etc. What was that all about? Hopefully not thugs in action  Sad
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 12:22:48 »

Just browsed the Walsall forum and there was mention of a lad lying face down, paramedics in attendance etc. What was that all about? Hopefully not thugs in action  Sad

I think that was in the away end. Noticed stewards and medics in amongst their crowd in the first half and looked like somebody being carried out.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 12:31:06 »

https://twitter.com/vitalwalsall/status/1190657000700555266?s=21

https://twitter.com/vitalwalsall/status/1190798082054770689?s=21

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 13:08:20 »

Hope the lad is alright.

On Doily, consider that he is the only first team player out on loan. The other three are youngsters I believe. Also Doyle was considered a fringe player and surplus to requirement. I do think with the current situation he'll be here. I haven't spoken to his Dad yet though.

Another pov, might be a somewhat reflective one...some might look at our squad and say "Why aren't players like Diagarouga, Rose and McCormick not starting for them - madness." So it is all rather relative, just in Doyle's case he happens to be the top goalscorer...in Europe.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 14:24:51 »

Has there ever been mention of a buy option in Doyle's loan contract? We'd be stupid not to take it if there is one.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 14:30:53 »

Has there ever been mention of a buy option in Doyle's loan contract? We'd be stupid not to take it if there is one.

I saw a rumour on twitter the other day from a Bradford fan that a deal is already agreed. Probably bollocks mind
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 15:38:16 »

I saw a rumour on twitter the other day from a Bradford fan that a deal is already agreed. Probably bollocks mind

I thought that Wellens or Power hinted that it is all in hand

The issue over a perm deal is he is contracted to Bradford until end of the season, he is on a big wage and if he signs perm at stfc he would have to take a pay cut, my money would be on him being here until the end of the season, although the striker dept needs to be addressed in Jan, if Doyle gets injured or for e.g. we get a PO spot and face Bradford we have not real replacement or backup option, or even competition.

I'd like a deal agreed with shrewsbury though, Grant is a class player at this level and I suspect L1 and I think can be crucial to our push for the top, hopefully we can shift a couple of players that will free up some wages.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 15:48:49 »

Got a feeling that Power would have some kind of plan,  has been pretty shrewd on some of his signings this season.  Think this season he has made a much stronger financial commitment and can't see him just sitting back and letting it all slip away in January.   We are probably In the best position we've been in since he took control, far too shrewd a business man to let this opportunity pass him by,  .......  surely Huh?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 16:32:37 »

Got a feeling that Power would have some kind of plan,  has been pretty shrewd on some of his signings this season.  Think this season he has made a much stronger financial commitment and can't see him just sitting back and letting it all slip away in January.   We are probably In the best position we've been in since he took control, far too shrewd a business man to let this opportunity pass him by,  .......  surely Huh?.
That's pretty much my feeling about it as well...
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 16:33:38 »

I'm donning my tin hat. Anderson is twice the footballer Nathan Thompson is/was
That would make him an average player in my opinion.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 17:55:33 »

Anyway, controversial opinion maybe but i would prioritise keeping Grant ahead of anybody. He’s the midfielder that we’ve lacked for years.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 17:57:25 »

Doyle then Grant closely behind in my book.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 18:06:16 »

That's pretty much my feeling about it as well...

Well think about his current position. Has an ongoing business proposition in Highworth. Has an ongoing business proposition in Swindon. Each require £’s and lots if them. Languishing in league 2 or on the way up in league 1? As an entrepreneur you’ll look to maximise each investment. Join them together and bazinga. Lest we forget that he has had a speculative carrot dangled in his frace from uncle Sam. Who else has their sights in SN1? He does have an exit plan, which he alluded to recently on BBC radio Swindon. If he is here in three years i’ll be really surprised. He does not have the cash to oversee the potential on Highworth, SN1 and the STFC team. The championship is the end game, which takes money. Hown much do the Trust and power have to achieve that?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 18:58:23 »

Who else has their sights in SN1?

SN 1  is a postcode area.... Swindon town centre south of the railway line, Old Town, southwest suburbs. It's quite a large area.  I know the Adver hacks keep using it, but that just shows how poor they are as it's meaningless as a descriptor for the CG.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 19:37:26 »

A bit late (sorry) but my thoughts on yesterday’s game.
The game was dominated by the conditions, and we did well to grind out three points - as some others have said, recent years’ Swindon teams would have drawn or lost that game.
One thing we noticed was that fairly early in the second half, Baudry and Fryers stopped going back to receive goal kicks, with Benda going long instead - we assumed the message had gone from the bench not to risk the short passes with the danger of the ball stopping in a puddle.
Benda’s last minute stop was superb - redeemed his rash charge from the line and getting nowhere near the cross for their goal. Baudry and Fryers had good games at the back. Their main threat first half was down their left, where they gave Hunt a difficult time. Second half that was less in evidence. Grant was immense again in midfield, Doughty supported well although his set piece delivery was poor. Donohue again solid at left back. Lyden strengthened midfield when he came on, Anderson was ke6 in the first goal, DJ had a mixed game but his movement and turn before shooting for the second goal was good. Doyl3 and Yates excellent again up front. I thought Woolery also put in a good shift when he came on, including some important challenges.
A word on the referee - I thought his performance was mixed. The good was he tried to let the game flow, played advantage where possible, and allowed for the conditions too (if he hadn’t, Grant would certainly have got a yellow card). The bad was he was inconsistent in his decisions, gave some soft free kicks, and how the linesman and fourth official missed the assault on Doyle near our dugout shortly before half time I have no idea. They were a combined distance of less than 10 yards away.

At the end of the season this will be one of those results we look back on as vital in terms of league position - getting points in difficult conditions which mitigate against good football is vital.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: