Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Macclesfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 47615 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 13:59:24 »

Earlier than usual, but what the hell  Smiley
Macc don't appear to be pushovers, they haven't lost a game by more than one goal. Imo we seem to be a more dominant side away from home and I'm a little nervous about this one. I'll say 1-1 att: 6,686 (154 away).

Unfortunately I cannot make this one, forgot I had something else on  Sad
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 14:23:02 »

The second of the five wins during September. Shame we seem to struggle replicating the exhilarating play from the away games at the CG, but hey ho, another 3 points in the bag.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 14:25:37 »

Unfortunately I cannot make this one, forgot I had something else on  Sad
Thank God for that Wink In that case, another 3-1 first half with obligatory second half shut out.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 16:08:23 »

5-2, cavalier stuff, everyone gets carried away and we follow it up with a 0-1 loss.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 16:46:12 »

Didn’t realise there was a game on last night, what with England playing, but Macc lost on pens away at Grimsby in the Caribou Cup. With an away tie at Chelsea as the prize!
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 16:47:08 »

Cautiously optimistic (if that isn’t an oxymoron).
High scoring attack v tight defence means something has to give. Also means we will need to keep it tighter at the back - a clean sheet would be good. I’d settle for a win by the odd goal. 1-0 or 2-1.
Looking at the bigger picture I’d settle for 4 points from these 2 home games - we have a poor recent record v Colchester.
I agree with the earlier post that our quick counter attacking system seems to work more fluently away.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 16:53:34 »

Didn’t realise there was a game on last night, what with England playing, but Macc lost on pens away at Grimsby in the Caribou Cup. With an away tie at Chelsea as the prize!

That's a good spot, hopefully the won't be able to afford an over night stop, so will have to travel Saturday
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 17:02:01 »

Its all too much for one of the 80 or so travelling Macc Lads to bear on their forum.

I like watching Macc, but the thought of actually paying money to go to Swindon puts me off this one

Power must have pissed in his half time chip barm when he was down last time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 17:05:42 »

Odd to single out Swindon there, League Two is rather short of attractive tourist towns. Can't imagine TripAdvisor is swamped with people looking to spend time in Fleetwood, Grimsby, Newport or Oldham. It's only really Exeter and Cambridge in the whole league that stick out as nice trips, football aside.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 17:13:56 »

That poster wasn't going regardless of the away destination.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 17:16:05 »

Its all too much for one of the 80 or so travelling Macc Lads to bear on their forum.

Power must have pissed in his half time chip barm when he was down last time.

Either wouldn't have come anyway or came down last season and is still butthurt after the late winner.

I see a typical Tuesday night disaster coming up v Colchester next week so important we win this one.

Think it'll be another 3-1 win.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 17:24:37 »

That poster wasn't going regardless of the away destination.
This was my thinking too. In 2012 when a single Paul Benson goal beat them they only brought 38 away fans.

They dont ever travel in numbers TBF to them, I expect even with them in 9th position I doubt they will much exceed 100.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 17:44:26 »

Seems they are still battling the taxman.  Another date in court soon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49660849

Never knowingly overstated.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 17:47:02 »

*Cotswolds* > Cheshire

*ish   Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 18:04:23 »

Macclesfield have done well this season so far, sitting proudly in 9th place in the table

Their equal top scorers this season are Archibald, Ironside, Vassell and Stephens on 2 goals a piece.

In matches between the 2 clubs at the CG Swindon have won all 3 of the league games and Macc just the one win in the FA cup. In the league Swindon have scored 6 times and only conceded 2 goals both in last seasons 3-2 win for Swindon where Doughty scored a hattrick.

They are due in court in October for another winding up petition after it was adjourned again today for a £73,000 debt to the HMRC.

So far this season they have had a run of league results of LWWLWDD (Swindon WWDLDWW f14 a8) scoring 9 and conceding 6 along the way, they have beaten Orient and Scunthorpe at home and beaten Northampton away with draws home to Crawley and away at Stevenage but losing at home to Morecambe and away at Exeter both 1-0. They have kept 2 clean sheets so far.

Macc have a few players with a Swindon connection, Jak McCourt, Reice Charles-Cook and Michael Rose, all 3 players made little or a bad impression while with us TBH. Rose and RCC both being poor and McCourt just being an average L2 player at best.

The only person at Swindon with a Macc connection is Richie Wellens who had a very short spell with them at the end of his career just a couple of seasons ago. McGlashan has played for them but is not currently at Swindon.

2-1 defeat with Doyle scoring in front of 6,855 with 97 Silkies there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: