Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yates and Doyle  (Read 1297 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

+16/-93

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:11:41 »

If Wellens got the wingers he wanted, we'd be playing 4-4-2 with both up top.

Isgrove is a winger, but we've been playing fairly narrow so far from what I've seen.
Frigby Daser

+3/-3

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:13:15 »

Formations are misleading. Ive not seen us this season yet - looking forward to this Saturday - but presumably however we line up I am guessing it is quite fluid. A 4-3-1-2, with Anderson behind a front 2, and presumably a 3 of Isgrove, Doughty and Lyden - means that the 3 has Isgrove pulling wide right, and the other two playing central. Which means, if Anderson therefore goes left, were closer to a 4-4-2, just without a traditional left winger. Anderson tucks in, allowing the more attaching of the two full backs (Fryers) to overlap on the left, more so than Hunt on the right.

Is that how others - who have actually seen us - see it?
singingiiiffy

+16/-13

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:22:59 »

Formations are misleading. Ive not seen us this season yet - looking forward to this Saturday - but presumably however we line up I am guessing it is quite fluid. A 4-3-1-2, with Anderson behind a front 2, and presumably a 3 of Isgrove, Doughty and Lyden - means that the 3 has Isgrove pulling wide right, and the other two playing central. Which means, if Anderson therefore goes left, were closer to a 4-4-2, just without a traditional left winger. Anderson tucks in, allowing the more attaching of the two full backs (Fryers) to overlap on the left, more so than Hunt on the right.

Is that how others - who have actually seen us - see it?

To me, from my 1 home game. Woollery comes out wide left a lot. But then it has been changing as in that same game he scored a 1 on 1 from being the central striker. Anderson looks to be in the hole
swindonmaniac

+31/-25

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:49:39 »

Not just Yates and Doyle, but almost the entire squad,  there can't be many teams looking forward to playing us in the frm that we are in
This has to be the best squad we've had for many a year.  Together with the best manager we've had since Glen Hoddle, although I must admit I did like D'Canio and the passion he had for the game.
Based on what we have and on what I've seen so far this season this has to be the best opportunity we've had of getting out of this division and starting this climb to get back where we belong.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:59:05 by swindonmaniac » Logged

English & Proud.
Pounds  & Ounces not kilos & grammes, mpg not kilometres & litres, feet & inches not mm & cm (whatever the fuck they are)  - Fuck Europe !!!!!!.
scribblemilk

+1/-3

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 10:07:21 »

If Wellens got the wingers he wanted, we'd be playing 4-4-2 with both up top.

Isgrove is a winger, but we've been playing fairly narrow so far from what I've seen.

I'm not so sure, in preseason he was talking three at the back. It wouldn't surprise me if we carry on playing 4231 away from home but he opts for 2 upfront at home perhaps playing Isgrove through the middle. whether thats in a diamond or a 5 in the midfield we have to see, the beauty now is that we have options and even more options if we get a left winger as he wants.
Peter Venkman

+305/-176

Enjoy yourself its later than you think.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 10:14:34 »

I like the thought of them as a pairing but obviously havent seen how Doyle plays as yet.

I think he could resort to playing just Isgrove and dropping Woolery playing a 4312 with Isgrove given freedom to roam.

Could easily drop Anderson too, both those players could be amazing impact subs with their pace.

If we sign another attacking midfielder (Devitt maybe) then both could be bench warming.

Interesting times for Town fans.

Because I chose to play the fool in a six-piece band
First-night nerves every one-night stand
I should be glad to be so inclined
What a waste! What a waste!
Rock n Roll don't mind.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: