Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yates and Doyle  (Read 15000 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 08:11:41 »

If Wellens got the wingers he wanted, we'd be playing 4-4-2 with both up top.

Isgrove is a winger, but we've been playing fairly narrow so far from what I've seen.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 08:13:15 »

Formations are misleading. I’ve not seen us this season yet - looking forward to this Saturday - but presumably however we line up I am guessing it is quite fluid. A 4-3-1-2, with Anderson behind a front 2, and presumably a 3 of Isgrove, Doughty and Lyden - means that the 3 has Isgrove pulling wide right, and the other two playing central. Which means, if Anderson therefore goes left, we’re closer to a 4-4-2, just without a traditional left winger. Anderson tucks in, allowing the more attaching of the two full backs (Fryers) to overlap on the left, more so than Hunt on the right.

Is that how others - who have actually seen us - see it?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 08:22:59 »

Formations are misleading. I’ve not seen us this season yet - looking forward to this Saturday - but presumably however we line up I am guessing it is quite fluid. A 4-3-1-2, with Anderson behind a front 2, and presumably a 3 of Isgrove, Doughty and Lyden - means that the 3 has Isgrove pulling wide right, and the other two playing central. Which means, if Anderson therefore goes left, we’re closer to a 4-4-2, just without a traditional left winger. Anderson tucks in, allowing the more attaching of the two full backs (Fryers) to overlap on the left, more so than Hunt on the right.

Is that how others - who have actually seen us - see it?

To me, from my 1 home game. Woollery comes out wide left a lot. But then it has been changing as in that same game he scored a 1 on 1 from being the central striker. Anderson looks to be in the hole
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 08:49:39 »

Not just Yates and Doyle, but almost the entire squad,  there can't be many teams looking forward to playing us in the fòrm that we are in
This has to be the best squad we've had for many a year.  Together with the best manager we've had since Glen Hoddle, although I must admit I did like D'Canio and the passion he had for the game.
Based on what we have and on what I've seen so far this season this has to be the best opportunity we've had of getting out of this division and starting this climb to get back where we belong.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 08:59:05 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
scribblemilk

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:07:21 »

If Wellens got the wingers he wanted, we'd be playing 4-4-2 with both up top.

Isgrove is a winger, but we've been playing fairly narrow so far from what I've seen.

I'm not so sure, in preseason he was talking three at the back. It wouldn't surprise me if we carry on playing 4231 away from home but he opts for 2 upfront at home perhaps playing Isgrove through the middle. whether thats in a diamond or a 5 in the midfield we have to see, the beauty now is that we have options and even more options if we get a left winger as he wants.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:14:34 »

I like the thought of them as a pairing but obviously havent seen how Doyle plays as yet.

I think he could resort to playing just Isgrove and dropping Woolery playing a 4312 with Isgrove given freedom to roam.

Could easily drop Anderson too, both those players could be amazing impact subs with their pace.

If we sign another attacking midfielder (Devitt maybe) then both could be bench warming.

Interesting times for Town fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:53:34 »

Am I alone in not getting the Jerry Yates love in?

Maybe it’s he has scored more away goals than at home so it’s something I’ve missed. He puts in effort and we know he can score- with one eye on League 1 next season I don’t think we should spend a huge load of money on him.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:55:20 »

If I am honest I dont think he has shown his form prior to being recalled yet.. When he does he is amazing. However we works incredibly hard and does a lot of hard work and holds the ball up well which often gets overlooked.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:56:00 »

I think he's one of those players that chips in with a fair few goals, and works hard - ones you miss when they aren't there but don't necessarily see at the time.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:01:17 »

I don’t necessarily like the way he starts every game on unconvincing form when we have Woollery and Hope waiting in the wings. Then again he doesn’t strike me as an impact sub.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:02:50 »

Neither player has benefited from being recalled by their previous clubs - although Doyle was more like his old self yesterday. Definitely disrupted their form for us.

There’s no criticism of Yates from me. What do people want, ffs. Hard working player who scores goals.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:20:45 »

Am I alone in not getting the Jerry Yates love in?

Maybe it’s he has scored more away goals than at home so it’s something I’ve missed. He puts in effort and we know he can score- with one eye on League 1 next season I don’t think we should spend a huge load of money on him.
I sort of put him in the Alex Revell category. I thought he worked hard for us, but didn't score lots. But then came back to haunt us when he played for EVERYONE else.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:27:22 »

Don't forget he's not always placed as an outright centre forward in the formation. Does a good job in my eyes.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:27:23 »

Yates has definitely gone a bit off the boil after good early season form and still works hard and shows glimpses, but at times he almost tries too hard, that cross field pass that went out of play case in point. He does have a habit of playing dangerous passes across the pitch as if he is trying to force the play to much.

However you can't ignore his work rate and he's scored 14 goals this season so can't be doing too much wrong!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:28:33 »

Jesus he has got 14 (13? BBC cannot decide) goals playing as the secondary striker, what more do people want?

That would have made him equal top scorer in the last two seasons and top scorer in the season before that, and we have what 10 odd games left!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:31:09 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: