Poll
Question: Which two should be our midfield pairing?  (Voting closed: Monday, September 5, 2005, 12:08:42)
Pook & Whalley - 1 (3.6%)
Pook & Miglioranzi - 21 (75%)
Miglioranzi & Whalley - 5 (17.9%)
Stuff all three, Jenkins & Gurney! - 1 (3.6%)
Bring Back Hewlett!! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2 from 3  (Read 2731 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 12:08:42 »

Which two?
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 12:37:12 »

At the moment, Pook & Migz.  Whalley really should have the quality to be in there but franbkly dosnt deserve to be at the moment
Spud

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 12:57:04 »

Pook and Migz, Whalley has done jack shit.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 13:16:18 »

Has to be pook and Migz at the mo.  Pook has really surprised me i am pleased to say.  Hopefully Migz can stay injury free.  Whalley has disappointed so far but could definately get better in my opinion.

y wings are like a shield of steel!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 13:25:49 »

Although Thorpe and Cureton have been disappointing Whalley has disappointed me the most.  I was expecting a classy silky skilled midfielder.  Instead we have a slow, terrible passing nobody who hasn't benefited the team in any way.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 13:48:38 »

Apart from not scoring goals away ,Whalley is the biggest let-down for me so far.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 13:52:17 »

I wonder how good Whalley was when Wigan paid cardiff £625 for him not so long ago?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 13:56:15 »

A lot fucking better than he is now I'd wager

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 13:56:16 »

He must have been a damn site better than he is now!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 14:07:51 »

Thing I thought was odd was when he was asked what the favourite part of his job was.  He chose training!!  Training?  Surely playing the game, in front of your fans, scoring goals, making crucial tackles etc, that's gotta be better than fucking training.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 15:47:57 »

Good thread.

It's got to be Pook and Stef for me on current form but I don't think Whalley has been that bad, his lack of pre-season seems to have slowed him down considerably and I think he's quality on the ball.

Pook's probably my favourite player so far this season, I guess that says a lot!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 16:37:25 »

Has to be Pook & Migz at the moment

Pook again has majorly impressed me, he doesnt look out of his depth and is already clearly an improvement on Hewlett. I really hope Pook doesnt run out of steam because he has been one of, if not our best player thus far. Cant praise him enough at the moment, shame his contract is up at the end of the season. Keeps playing like he is and he'll get better offers than us....although Pook remember Grant Smith....the grass isnt always greener!

Miglioranzi, is just pure genius. He just adds so much to the team, he gets through alot of work and best of all he gets stuck in alot just in a non-obvious way. I have alot of time for Migz and he would be the first name down on my team sheer every week. Despite missing pre-season he still looks the fittest guy on the team, the effort and energy is there as well as the love for the club. I really do hope more than anything that this isnt his last season playing for us.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 16:51:55 »

If it's a two - which I think it should be I think we have to go for Pook and Migz myself too at the moment.  Whalley and Pook hasn't worked, so we have to give Migz and Pook a try - at least Pook can shoot.  Away at Aylesbury Whalley and Migz looked good from what I saw mind.
I 8 Razor

« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 17:00:01 »

pook, migz

but whalley will be there, waiting in the wings .
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 5, 2005, 17:03:39 »

I seem to agree with most people on this, Pook and Migz for me too.

I'm really pleased with how well Pook has done so far this season, and the fact that King has left him in the team as well so he's getting a good run of games which is what players need to establish themselves.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: