Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England road to the Euros  (Read 13161 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 21:48:40 »

Campaign started promisingly, a very slick performance, some lovely football. The Czechs haven't been so comprehensively dicked by the English since Reg was in his prime!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 21:59:57 »

A whole thread created for that Reg bit.

Bravo, Paul

Smiley
« Last Edit: Friday, March 22, 2019, 22:07:19 by Costanza » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 22:03:13 »

A whole thread created for a that Reg bit.

Bravo, Paul

Smiley
Cheesy I thought I did well to hold off until the final whistle tbh. And it also occurred to me that we don't really discuss England much on here so crap jokes aside, while they are playing quite well, nice to celebrate that
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 22:10:51 »

It's nice to see England 'do' teams.

Without going too deeply I think we all know that, not so long ago, a home fixture against a below par Czech Republic side would have resulted in an unconvincing 2-1 victory.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 22:24:14 »

Good to see Sterling get a hatrick.

Can't wait to see how The Sun will respond.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 22:38:49 »

Good to see Sterling get a hatrick.

Can't wait to see how The Sun will respond.

I'm guessing that will be a racist perspective? Fair play to Sterling, he was dog do's in the world cup, and was comprehensively rated as such on the bbc website, they then played the racist card, when he was actually just marked down as rubbish, and was, Not sure what my point as as Sterling was shite, but just shite, nothing more nothing less.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 23:33:00 »

they then played the racist card, when he was actually just marked down as rubbish, and was
Read back on what he said and the articles he was talking about. It was the shite in the Mail and the Sun which was nothing to do with his ability as a footballer or his performances but all about "Young black man with money". His point was (and he's been backed by England colleagues this week) was that he was singled out for a slating because he was black and wealthy, in a way that white players wouldn't have been. Go read his tweets from that time and the newspaper articles following it up that call out the original pieces he was talking about. They're fuck all to do with how he played, they're pure vindictive racial bias.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 23:36:23 »

As it stands I think only the French are stronger than us. Imagine we'll only be better in a years time as well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 01:51:49 »

Cheesy I thought I did well to hold off until the final whistle tbh.

What I always tried to do... regarded it as representing the Englishman.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 07:56:32 »

It was a good performance, but czezchia we’re properly shite

Be interesting to see how such a young team comes in Montenegro, particularly the atmosphere

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 08:59:02 »

Read back on what he said and the articles he was talking about. It was the shite in the Mail and the Sun which was nothing to do with his ability as a footballer or his performances but all about "Young black man with money". His point was (and he's been backed by England colleagues this week) was that he was singled out for a slating because he was black and wealthy, in a way that white players wouldn't have been. Go read his tweets from that time and the newspaper articles following it up that call out the original pieces he was talking about. They're fuck all to do with how he played, they're pure vindictive racial bias.

I didnt explain it well. I'm sure there was, I dont read newspapers. I was referring to the player rater on the bbc, and comments by the bbc saying people had voted him as hopeless because of race etc. When he was truly hopeless. Maybe it was the press stuff affecting him.Just glad he played well last night is all really. that'stick it up their pipes.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 10:36:33 »

So pleased that England are doing well and a team that are capable of winning on their day against anyone,
It has always irked me that the hobby of England bashing and in turn individual players has always come to easy for  media and fans alike irrespective of deserving criticism or not. Indeed 'nothing' like supporting your team/country.
Very able performance against admittedly a not brilliant Czech Republic but still pretty clinical and with severeal injuries,
Fair play to Southgate and the players, long may the improvement continue.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 17:47:15 »

I didnt explain it well. I'm sure there was, I dont read newspapers. I was referring to the player rater on the bbc, and comments by the bbc saying people had voted him as hopeless because of race etc. When he was truly hopeless. Maybe it was the press stuff affecting him.Just glad he played well last night is all really. that'stick it up their pipes.
Fair enough, hadn't seen that and didn't realise that was what you were on about. Anyway, as you say, if he keeps playing like that for England all well and good!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 25, 2019, 22:22:42 »

Another strong display. Shame the home fans disgraced themselves with racist abuse toward England players. But then while UEFA and FIFA hand out token fines at best, there's really no incentive for them to change is there?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 06:51:51 »

Some parts of the world are circa 1975.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: