Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MSI Click Bios  (Read 6235 times)
woolster

« on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 10:32:21 »

in need of some help, my son was playing a game on his PC when according to him the game crashed and went to the msi click bios screen, I can't get it off of this screen, when its turned off then on again it says "checking for media presence" then goes to bios screen, my knowledge of these things are very basic, Head Hurts
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 10:38:35 »

Still not sorted it then, if not done later will pop round on way back from taff land
woolster

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 10:40:23 »

Still not sorted it then, if not done later will pop round on way back from taff land
Too Cool Crash
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 10:48:37 »

Something has changed the boot sequence in the startup, make sure in the bios it boots from C: and not from server or USB, then click save and reboot.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
woolster

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:42:00 »

Something has changed the boot sequence in the startup, make sure in the bios it boots from C: and not from server or USB, then click save and reboot.
cheers PV, these are the boot options, i assume its booting from the top one, I also clicked on the reset to default settings which shut the PC down but still goes back to bios page

* 0000000000000011.jpg (676.32 KB, 1936x1037 - viewed 343 times.)
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:49:06 »

cheers PV, these are the boot options, i assume its booting from the top one, I also clicked on the reset to default settings which shut the PC down but still goes back to bios page
Change the order of boot from DVD to the Windows option 2...the other thing is it could be trying to boot from a DVD already in the DVD drive so make sure there is no disk in there too.

woolster

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:58:52 »

Change the order of boot from DVD to the Windows option 2...the other thing is it could be trying to boot from a DVD already in the DVD drive so make sure there is no disk in there too.
I did have option 2 at the top mate but nothing happened, that photo I posted was after I set it to default Embarrassed
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 12:01:45 »

If it still doesn't boot with Windows disk as option 1 then the hard drive boot files have corrupted.

Did the Windows come pre installed or do you have a USB/DVD with Windows on?

Sounds like it will either be repair Boot files or the Hard drive has physically corrupted, if uts the latter then thats a new Hard drive.

woolster

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 13:44:16 »

If it still doesn't boot with Windows disk as option 1 then the hard drive boot files have corrupted.

Did the Windows come pre installed or do you have a USB/DVD with Windows on?

Sounds like it will either be repair Boot files or the Hard drive has physically corrupted, if uts the latter then thats a new Hard drive.
it came with windows installed, when you say repair boot files is that something I can do or is that a repair shop job Cheesy
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 14:04:38 »

Classic dodgy hard drive scenario. Ive had many MSI boards show those symptoms
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 14:26:52 »

I personally don't buy MSI or ASRock after so many problems, pre installed pre built systems you don't have much choice though.

I would suggest either the motherboards sata connectors have failed, the sata cable failed (unlikely in my experience) or the hard drive itself has failed.

Does the Windows logo appear on screen at all or does it just not boot past the bios screen?

If the logo appears then its a corrupt file more than likely, if it does not appear then its probably motherboard or hard drive failure, without removing the hard drive and testing then with a pre installed windows you won't get it to fix itself, you will need an install USB or DVD I am sorry to say.

woolster

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 14:31:37 »

it doesn't show anything apart from the bios screen, could i try a hard drive in it from an old PC Hmmm
woolster

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 14:55:39 »

I personally don't buy MSI or ASRock after so many problems, pre installed pre built systems you don't have much choice though.

I would suggest either the motherboards sata connectors have failed, the sata cable failed (unlikely in my experience) or the hard drive itself has failed.

Does the Windows logo appear on screen at all or does it just not boot past the bios screen?

If the logo appears then its a corrupt file more than likely, if it does not appear then its probably motherboard or hard drive failure, without removing the hard drive and testing then with a pre installed windows you won't get it to fix itself, you will need an install USB or DVD I am sorry to say.

I've plugged a hard drive in via USB and set boot option for it but still nothing Crash
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 15:01:42 »

Don't forget if you plug in a USB for booting you have to tell the bios to look there before it looks for the internal hard drive, as if theres an error the hard drive will over ride it looking for other places to boot from.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 15:02:05 »

Double post.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: