Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444371 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 17:15:15 »

How Jenkins ex Swansea chairman is buying Charlton
Hope that goes through, they deserve a break
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 15:07:58 »

Macclesfield accounts

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1277952668837822464?s=20
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 15:19:04 »

And this vague statement from Sunderland. Does it actually say their players will only get the government’s £2500 with no top up by the club?

‘SAFC players and staff have received letters this morning telling them they are furloughed until August 31 on 80% of salary.
Staff will receive no top up from club - unsure about players.
First they learned was letters dropping on their doormats this morning.’
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 15:48:42 »

And this vague statement from Sunderland. Does it actually say their players will only get the government’s £2500 with no top up by the club?

‘SAFC players and staff have received letters this morning telling them they are furloughed until August 31 on 80% of salary.
Staff will receive no top up from club - unsure about players.
First they learned was letters dropping on their doormats this morning.’
Pretty sure what you've quoted there isn't a statement from Sunderland. But for any furloughed worker the max govt contribution is 80% of their salary up to a maximum of £2500 per month. After that employers can choose to top up if they wish. If a football club didn't top up a player's wages without that player's agreement, they would be in breach of contract and the player would be free to seek a new club without compensation payable to their current club
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1174 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 16:08:18 »

That is exactly what the club put out - cut out the chaff. The vagueness surrounds their saying they will not carry on topping up over and above the government’s £2500.

I’ll dig it out.

‘The majority of Sunderland's staff, including their players, have been on furlough since April 7 but the club were topping up the wages to ensure staff were still receiving full pay during the coronavirus pandemic.

However, with the initial phase of furlough ending after today, all furloughed employers of the club received letters through the post from the club today extending their furlough until August 31. The one change is that the club will no longer top-up the salaries, and therefore they will just receive the Government's 80% contribution.

It is not yet known whether this extends to the playing staff, almost all of whom will earn more than the £2,500 Government cap.’
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 16:13:38 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 17:52:06 »

That is exactly what the club put out - cut out the chaff. The vagueness surrounds their saying they will not carry on topping up over and above the government’s £2500.
It's not, what you've quoted is a report from the local paper, and the story seems to be based on staff having received letters not a statement from the club per se. The vagueness is then because the paper aren't sure if it's just non-playing staff this will affect. I'd be astonished if they're not topping up playing staff with time left on their contracts that they think might have value or else those players can just walk without any compensation to the club for the residual value of their contracts. Equally they may have a few high earners on their wage bill that they'd be happy to see off the payroll if they don't think they're going to be able to sell them anyway
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 19:24:46 »

BBC Look North "understands" (must be a BBC thing) several Wendies players not paid in full this month:

https://twitter.com/robstaton/status/1278017574870102017
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 09:06:17 »

I didn't realise that Bolton only have 11 contracted senior players and are under embargo until May 2021 in terms of not being able to pay a fee for a player.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1178 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 09:21:50 »

I didn't realise that Bolton only have 11 contracted senior players and are under embargo until May 2021 in terms of not being able to pay a fee for a player.
I mentioned a few times about their transfer embargo and how difficult it will be for the new manager.

Only 6 currently contracted apparently with 5 having been offered new deals and expected to accept.

Kieth Hill
“The embargo is a bigger challenge than I ever expected,” he told The Bolton News. “I didn’t realise the ramifications of how it could hinder us.

They can now sign any free agent players rather than just U23 but have a salary cap per player imposed on the by the EFL still in place until the end of this coming season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 09:57:05 »

I mentioned a few times about their transfer embargo and how difficult it will be for the new manager.

Only 6 currently contracted apparently with 5 having been offered new deals and expected to accept.

Kieth Hill
They can now sign any free agent players rather than just U23 but have a salary cap per player imposed on the by the EFL still in place until the end of this coming season.

Missed that, its being reported with much glee up here 'cos it means Evatt cannot take any players with him!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 11:17:20 »

Wigan into admin.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 11:18:41 »

Wigan into admin.
First of many this summer, no doubt. I guess they're getting in early to beat the rush, no-one wants to be left with the bargain basement insolvency practitioners no-one else would touch. I'm looking at you, Mr Andronikou
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1182 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 11:22:34 »

Wigan into admin.
Not surprised that a club goes into admin but slightly surprised that its on still currently playing fixtures in the Championship rather than a L1 or L2 club with no fixtures or income at all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 11:27:07 »

Not surprised that a club goes into admin but slightly surprised that its on still currently playing fixtures in the Championship rather than a L1 or L2 club with no fixtures or income at all.
A lot of staff would have come out of furlough as back playing so with no real income they’ll have become pretty much insolvent.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 11:28:53 »

Less surprising when you consider that L1 and L2 currently have most of their staff furloughed whereas Championship clubs have had to bring all (or at least most of) their staff back out of furlough and resume paying them. So it's worse for them as they also have very little income (iFollow won't generate as much as normal matchday revenue) but considerably larger outgoings

EDIT: I seem to be theakston's echo today Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: