Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Richie Wellens.. so far.  (Read 99263 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 09:56:54 »

Wellens has improved on last season, after improving on Brown, to get the predicted 13th place finish.

He also this season got the needed results after a poor trot.... all good signs.

However he will come up against 2 things which he pointed out last season as a problem.... namely key men on loan, and too many in the squad not contributing much.  It wil be how the management team resolve this in Jan which will decide if we're going anywhere in 2020.
On the latter, he was quoted in the Adver yesterday as saying he wants to reduce the squad by 5 in January
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:00:37 »

On the latter, he was quoted in the Adver yesterday as saying he wants to reduce the squad by 5 in January

But will he be able to do it?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:05:15 »

Wellens has improved on last season, after improving on Brown, to get the predicted 13th place finish.

Predicted by who?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:09:18 »

Quite, but as Reg points out it's a case of whether they can make this happen. Wasn't so easy to shift deadwood in the summer.

Looking at the upcoming fixtures, only 2 of our remaining 7 games in 2019 are against a team in the current top 10. Definitely a chance to push on ahead of any potential outgoings in January.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:15:11 »

Predicted by who?

You could re read the thread, but....

So we're on course for a solid mid table finish about 12/13th, whereas at PB's rate it'd been about 14th/15th.

This was from Jan
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:19:01 »

You could re read the thread, but....

This was from Jan
It's like having Mystic Meg here with us Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:33:09 »

Looking at the upcoming fixtures, only 2 of our remaining 7 games in 2019 are against a team in the current top 10. Definitely a chance to push on ahead of any potential outgoings in January.

I'm only looking as far ahead as Salford.... expected them to do better, but they do seem now to have adjusted 4 wins and a draw in the last 6. To show how tight things are if Salford win they'll be within 3 points of us, so definitely back in the mix.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 11:53:46 »

I think it's unlikely that there will be a runaway leading pack this season.

Even this year's bully boys Newport have a tendency to drop points.

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 12:06:46 »

It's like having Mystic Meg here with us Smiley

Rustic Reg?  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 12:12:11 »

Rustic Reg?  Smiley
Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 12:41:07 »

Rusty Reg?  Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 11:04:25 »

I'm only looking as far ahead as Salford.... expected them to do better, but they do seem now to have adjusted 4 wins and a draw in the last 6. To show how tight things are if Salford win they'll be within 3 points of us, so definitely back in the mix.
IF is the word Reg,   and, IF we win we could go top !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 11:11:46 »

IF is the word Reg,   and, IF we win we could go top !!.

True, but at this stage it sort of reflects where we are, in the mix, but not able to get carried away.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 22:02:29 »

“I have never liked 4-4-2. I don’t mind it when I have Lloyd Isgrove and Keshi Anderson playing wide because they are clever players

Am I right in thinking that when Wellens first arrived he said his favourite formation is 4,4,2 with wingers. But that he couldn't play it here because of the lack of personel. We only had Jermain McG and possibly Woolery so he didn't enforce it.

Maybe he has changed his mind! or maybe I'm remembering it wrong. as soon as i saw the start of this quote it surprised me though!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 22:17:43 »

Am I right in thinking that when Wellens first arrived he said his favourite formation is 4,4,2 with wingers. But that he couldn't play it here because of the lack of personel. We only had Jermain McG and possibly Woolery so he didn't enforce it.

Maybe he has changed his mind! or maybe I'm remembering it wrong. as soon as i saw the start of this quote it surprised me though!
He did say that and we were that on Saturday with DJ and Woolery on the wings. Sometimes it’s more of 3 when Lyden plays, that’s the good thing now we have multiple ways of setting up which effectively gives us a ‘plan B’ without the need to resorting to hitting it long to a target man as some have advocated.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: