Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Richie Wellens.. so far.  (Read 99738 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 09:35:11 »

So far...Wellens Is doing a great job.  Love the football were playing.  :-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 10:17:44 »

We池e playing Bristol City this pm to get some minutes into Isgrove . . .

. . . And to look at Semenyo?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 12:52:47 »

Quite, but as Reg points out it's a case of whether they can make this happen. Wasn't so easy to shift deadwood in the summer.

Looking at the upcoming fixtures, only 2 of our remaining 7 games in 2019 are against a team in the current top 10. Definitely a chance to push on ahead of any potential outgoings in January.

A astute observation... we do have this interesting record, of having won 12/12 of the teams currently in the lower half of the table and 1/12 ofthe teams in the top half.  Cambridge weren't top half at the time.... that's something that will need to be put right, starting Saturday. 
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 13:04:00 »

Actually, it need not be put right - if we repeated all our results we'd finish in the top three, job done.  Nobody checks the results and gives relative weighting to the points received.

The job at hand is simple, get enough points to get promoted.  Current progress is good.  January offers a chance to wobble or solidify, evidence so far suggests Wellens has improved the squad with each of his two transfer windows, so I can hope we get through it at least unscathed.

Do two experienced Right Backs equate to the Championship, or maybe a double promotion?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 13:13:00 by RobertT » Logged
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 13:06:46 »

A astute observation... we do have this interesting record, of having won 12/12 of the teams currently in the lower half of the table and 1/12 ofthe teams in the top half.  Cambridge weren't top half at the time.... that's something that will need to be put right, starting Saturday.  
I知 sorry but that痴 not correct. Bury and Franchise were promoted with 79 points last season, if we only beat the bottom 12 teams in our remaining fixtures, we値l get promoted.However, we値l probably lose to a few of them and beat some of the top twelve. I知 just enjoying this season, the football we池e playing and the fantastic team spirit Wellens seems to have engendered.
Panda Paws

« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 13:34:30 »

A astute observation... we do have this interesting record, of having won 12/12 of the teams currently in the lower half of the table and 1/12 ofthe teams in the top half.  Cambridge weren't top half at the time.... that's something that will need to be put right, starting Saturday.  

Nope, doesn't matter one jot. Repeat our results from the first half of the season and we win the league.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 13:44:39 »

I feel that the team spirit which Wellens has achieved so far is excellent, and they now play hard right to the end, as witnessed versus Oldham.

ust be the oldest
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 13:58:30 »

I知 just enjoying this season, the football we池e playing and the fantastic team spirit Wellens seems to have engendered.
Absolutely this. It's great to be looking forward to going to the match again after the past few seasons of awful dross, especially under Flitcroft.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 14:29:01 »

I will be back to watch the Scunthorpe game, I;d suggest not looking forward to that one based on last season's only game I attended in real life being the Exeter loss.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 14:30:02 »

Absolutely this. It's great to be looking forward to going to the match again after the past few seasons of awful dross, especially under Flitcroft.
Fuck yeah, I am enjoying matched again, the anticipation, the actual performances on the pitch, certainly for the first time really since the PdC era despite a couple of false dawns.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 15:27:07 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 14:35:12 »

I'm certain that macclesfield were top 6 when we beat them near the start?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 14:36:17 »

Looking back to 11 months ago, I feel he has addressed many of the issues I had at the time.

From what I have seen so far in his 11 games 4 wins 4 draws and 3 defeats I think he has shown promise, obviously the first defeat can almost be discounted as it happened 3 days after his appointment, So since he has been able to influence things 4 wins 4 draws and 2 defeats in the league ok TBF, not pulling tree stumps but steadying the ship.

On the pitch we are playing much better football than under Flipflop and Brown who both played more of the percentage game playing for and using set peices to score.

We play a decent passing and running game under Wellens which when it works is lovely to watch but the players are not all capable of playing that way. I think he has the players playing tactics that they are familiar with unlike under Brown which confused everyone and Flipflops.....hooooooffff.

He has chosen unwisely on substitutions at times but we are not able to see what happens in training which may explain his decisions which to the fan can look unusual at times.

We are still lacking a striker, yes he has brought in Ben House but I haven't seen him yet and he has only played a matter of 18 minutes in a Town shirt so he MAY be the striker we need...we will see. Richards has not hit any fitness or form yet but showed glimpses against Lincoln that he still has some ability at this level but not playing in the role that Wellens wants him to play.

Over all I think we are playing a far better more attractive style of play in 80% of games and it is entertaining but we just seriously lack goals.

7/10 has made mistakes has done some good but considering he was hated by many even before he managed a game for us, and he was nowhere near my top 10 applicants, I think hes done ok.
I still stand by my judgement, I felt we needed a decent and turns out we currently have 2 and that is making the difference IMO.

Wellens has improved on last season, after improving on Brown, to get the predicted 13th place finish.
Is this still your prediction from this post of just 5-6 weeks ago?

Peter Venkman

« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 14:37:13 »

I'm certain that macclesfield were top 6 when we beat them near the start?
Macc were 9th when we played them.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 14:40:18 »

Macc were 9th when we played them.

top half then! yes looking if they had beat us they would have been level points in the playoffs, I remember it being close on points for position
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 14:40:37 »

I will be back to watch the Scunthorpe game, I;d suggest not looking forward to that one based on last season's only game I attended in real life being the Exeter loss.
We'll lock you in somewhere with 4D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: