Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 44831 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 00:25:36 »

I'll give it another go  Smiley

The Glovers (whatever that means) are doing pretty well this season but they haven't met us yet.

3-1
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 04:40:07 »

How come Macdonald is doing all the pre game comments? Is it looking ominous for The Tanned One?

Com8ng back from Spain today and I don稚 I will be welcomed home with 3 points - or 1.

I can稚 believe the shiteness of last week will be shrugged off easily. 2-0.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 05:31:57 »

Railway engineering works have put paid to me attending this one.
Those on the terrace will face rain all afternoon but will be rewarded with another close 2-1 win

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 06:33:34 »

My local game but I am not quite well enough to attend so will have to watch it on iFollow Sad

I really want to get one over on these, my brother in law, sister in law and 3 close mates are all season ticket holders at Yeovil so I will be getting a barrage of crap if we get beat by them.

They are on a great run of form, they have won 4 of their last 5 league games drawing the other.

They are currently on a run of six matches in all competitions without conceding a goal, with five of those coming in League Two games (a club record) with the club going 514 minutes without conceding a goal in a League game, if they keep a clean sheet vs Town for 7 mins then they will have set a new club record.

The player to watch is Sessi D'Almeida the Benin international defensive midfielder who has been attracting scouts from the Championship clubs.

The referee is Matthew Donohue (Manchester).

Its his first year referee, promoted to the Football League in the summer. He's been promoted three times in three seasons, starting in National League North during 2016-17 and then the National League in 2017-18, ending up now in the professional game.

He's been in charge of five League Two matches and a Football League Trophy game dishing out 24 yellow cards and one red card in the process, he averages three cards per game.

His assistants are by Ben Cobb (Dorset) and Ronald Ganfield (Somerset). The Fourth Official will be Savvas Yianni (Somerset).

They currently sit 5th in the table (us 14th) having beaten 2nd place (at the time) Newport away 6-0 last week, although you can blame the Newport keeper for 4 or 5 of the goals, thats still some feat.

Away at Yeovil our form is P10 W6 D3 L1 F16 A6.

Yeovil haven't beaten us there since 2009 a run of 5 for us undefeated there since then.

Despite their good run they are averaging well below 2,800 home fans per fixture.

I would be happy with a draw today in front of 3,456 fans with 755 from Swindon.

2-1 defeat with Anderson scoring.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 06:51:18 »

One of my local games as well.  Sadly, I anticipate that Yeovil will win 1 - 0.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 07:11:18 »

Oh and if you are coming bring a coat, its peeing down in Yeovil right now.

Darren Way on the game in the local paper.

What about Swindon? Up until the Bury game they were on a decent run under Phil Brown.

DW: They've been on a great run. When you look back at some of their previous scores, there's been a lot of high scoring games - goals scored, goals conceded. So believe it or not, I expect the same on Saturday. Phil (Brown) won't come here and not throw players forward. He'll be quite ruthless with the way he wants his team to play. A lot of forward balls, a lot of forward runs getting into our penalty box. They're quite strong on set plays, so I'm expecting a fast-flowing entertaining game, and a game certainly for the supporters to look forward to. Hopefully we'll get a good crowd. It's good when you're playing a local derby, because I'll call it a local derby. Swindon should bring a real good following and with the momentum that we've got and all our supporters going to Newport, everyone is talking about good things at the moment. To see Gabby Rogers at 17 years of age make his League debut, we're trying to improve the club in every area.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 07:21:46 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 07:44:41 »

1-3 Anderson hatrick feeling positive today.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 07:57:06 »

I知 off to Fulham v Watford later this morning. If I知 lucky I may bumb into SY I guess.

As for our game, another loss and probably a red card.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 08:09:10 »

Off to Chippenham v Marine today. Umbrella at the ready.

Yeovil 2 Swindon 2
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 08:12:21 »

Will take a draw. A good performance showing last week was just a bad day at the office, restoring some positivity. Among some anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 08:57:30 »

would also take a draw
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 08:58:08 »

I知 off to Fulham v Watford later this morning. If I知 lucky I may bumb into SY I guess.

As for our game, another loss and probably a red card.
Is that a West London thing? 

I'll say...

1-0 to us (Adebayo)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 10:40:26 »

Pre match keeping it in the family in The Airfield Tavern.
Not a favourite away day this, even though we have done ok here in recent times.
Even Colchester is better and they provide buses to help evacuate fans after the game.
That would be difficult here as its a gridlocked cul de sac after a game.

Not feeling confident today, plus the added prospect of being like a pack of drowned, miserable and disgruntled rats at the final whistle.

Then again we could be happy bunnies, singing and dancing in the rain.
What a glorious feeling that would be.

Won't happen though.
Passing the Cheltenham team coach on the way is a bad omen.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 11:11:23 »

Pre match keeping it in the family in The Airfield Tavern.
Not a favourite away day this, even though we have done ok here in recent times.
Even Colchester is better and they provide buses to help evacuate fans after the game.
That would be difficult here as its a gridlocked cul de sac after a game.

Not feeling confident today, plus the added prospect of being like a pack of drowned, miserable and disgruntled rats at the final whistle.

Then again we could be happy bunnies, singing and dancing in the rain.
What a glorious feeling that would be.

Won't happen though.
Passing the Cheltenham team coach on the way is a bad omen.

I hope you'll get a chance for some tap with your brolly later. Or if you can't do Gene Kelly, maybe a bit of Rihanna style.....do you know anyone called Ella?

You can stand under my umbrella, ella, ella
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 11:23:28 »

I hope you'll get a chance for some tap with your brolly later. Or if you can't do Gene Kelly, maybe a bit of Rihanna style.....do you know anyone called Ella?

You can stand under my umbrella, ella, ella

No umbrella unfortunately. Just a waterproof jacket that I appear to have grown out of.

Good old Rihanna, newly appointed ambassador for Barbados.
A bright lass by all accounts.
I'm sure she'd sort out the Brexit impasse pretty sharpish if given the chance.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: