Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bury official match day thread  (Read 37266 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 21:05:20 »

Similar to above, Reg can be a total pain in the arse. So can I, so can all of us. He does like the odd trolling session though...it's just something he clearly enjoys.

The truth is, most of us don't know each other in real life (even if we've met briefly and I'm sure there are a handful that are a bit more friendly and do know each other) and as OST says, life is rarely black and white.

I know that on here there are several that have a total dislike for me. I'm sure there are many things though that we have in common. One of course being STFC.

Going back to Reg, he and I both have a love of hiking/walking/the outdoors and nothing better than a relaxing day in the sun, watching cricket. I know we'd likely get on that sense of things.

I'd like to think though, if any one of us was ever in need of a chat about any crap in their life, that one of us would be on hand. I've said it before, I'd certainly extend my ears or a hand to let any of you chew my ear off and I stand by that.

We can all be stubborn and the bottom line is, some people really just aren't "our people.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 21:39:05 »

Hate certainly does not come into it. Make no mistake, Reg can be and often is a pain in the ass. He is overly negative, seems to get far too much enjoyment from our frequent and seemingly permanent struggles and his absolute favourite pastime is to be able to say I told you so (a broken clock is right twice a day)

That said if I was ever to meet him (one day I hopefully will) I'm absolutely sure I could spend several happy, beer fueled hours in his company.

Life is rarely black or white...

Spot on OST, perfectly sums up my thoughts on our Reg too. 
Amir

« Reply #257 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 08:56:32 »

I don't mind the negativity so much, there are certainly others who are worse.

For me it's the vagueness and never actually saying anything definitive. We'll probably lose but we could win or draw if certain things fall into place, we'll probably stay up but there's always a danger of relegation with an outside chance of play-offs.

Anybody can do that, although admittedly it takes intelligence to convince people that you're doing otherwise.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 10:26:27 »

For me it's the vagueness and never actually saying anything definitive. We'll probably lose but we could win or draw if certain things fall into place, we'll probably stay up but there's always a danger of relegation with an outside chance of play-offs.

Anybody can do that, although admittedly it takes intelligence to convince people that you're doing otherwise.
  Grin I think you've got Reg to a tee there.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 10:58:57 »

100% - and then, as others have suggested, calling out anyone who has made a prediction and got it wrong really does take the piss.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 11:43:37 »

My mum was Eastern European, so in all likelihood I'm one of the Reg Smeeton love child generation.

So I won't hear a bad word said against the great man and am very proud to carry the Smeeton genes.

Hmmm

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: