Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: McCormick  (Read 53332 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, July 16, 2018, 11:57:52 »

As far as i’m concerned he is. Royally fucked up, paid the price, did the time.
Can't fully understand why people have such a problem with this guy.   Yes, he did drink drive, yes unfortunately he did kill two kids.
However,  this was an accident,   he did not go out with the intention of murdering someone.   He held his hands up,  took the punishment,  did his time.    Unlike another fooballer, he did not go into hiding, he did not try to lie his way out of it. Surely we all make mistakes in life,  unfortunately his mistake proved to be a lot more severe than probably most of ours.
Perhaps we have been lucky,  perhaps he has been unlucky, either way, but for the grace of God,  Go I.
As long as he produces on the pitch I'm prepared to give the guy a chance.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, July 16, 2018, 12:24:31 »

We aren't different to any other football fans. Though many like to think we are somehow worse.

In some ways I agree, especially when it comes to something like this, but I do feel that we have a section of fans who are really quick to turn on the team.

For example Walsall away the season before last, the support was really good right up to the point we conceded a goal. Now I know it was a shit season & we ultimately got relegated but just when the team need the fans behind them there’s a (vocal) element that can’t help but get in their backs.

From “the greatest team” to “not fit to wear the shirt” on the back of a single goal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, July 16, 2018, 12:54:17 »

Yes, there are always some that go too far. And I have been at a few games where its critical we win, yet all of us fans are sat in near silence.

On the flip side there are been times that a 'spark' has unexpectedly got the fans going.

Should we get behind the team regardless - yes.  I guess 3 rubbish seasons and Power's approach to running it his way has consequences.

I know we had a few PDC objectors (fair enough), but the feeling of the club going somewhere (better!) goes a long way. The atmosphere at that time was incredible. Unfortunately so was the cash burn.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 10:35:30 »

So what are peoples thoughts are McCormick so far? Seems to be doing quite well. Keeping Vigs out the team.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 10:42:38 »

Very good keeper, but then I don’t think there were ever any doubts about that.
I’d still prefer Vigs in there though, mainly because I think he’s slightly better.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 10:57:13 »

It was discussed on the excellent Loathed Strangers pod about the keeper situation and they seem to think its probably the end of Vigs based on this. It does seem harsh for a player to have to miss a game due to being good enough to be called up by an international team and then not be able to get back into the side after coming back.

I suspect Vigs won't sign a new contract so it makes sense for McCormick to be our number 1 going forward. He is only on a 1 year deal and will probably be offered a further 1 or 2 as he seems sound enough at this level.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:01:13 »

So what are peoples thoughts are McCormick so far? Seems to be doing quite well. Keeping Vigs out the team.

He is a much better keeper than Vigoroux in almost every department on what I've seen.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #112 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:19:16 »

I have seen every game LMC has played for the Town and I think hes a fair bit better keeper all round than Vigs, I like Vigs but I feel more comfortable with LMC in goal, his kicking is much better (except for a couple on Saturday), his claiming of crosses is far better and he is at least as good a shot stopper.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:21:41 »

So I wonder how many have stuck to their word and not attended while he was playing..

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:25:26 »

Very good keeper, but then I don’t think there were ever any doubts about that.
I’d still prefer Vigs in there though, mainly because I think he’s slightly better.

Keeping the obvious aside and concentrating on the football alone, I think LM has done very well. One dodgy moment Saturday, but every keeper has those.

His ability was never really in question anyway.

However, from a football club point of view Vigs has a future ahead of him, LM's career is largely behind him. We can't cater for both. I'd expect Vigs to be off comne January if things don't change soon - very harsh to drop him for being on international duty - but LM hasn't done anything to be dropped either.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:35:00 »

I'd still have Vigs - I've only seen McCormick once (on Saturday) and although he didn't have much to do he got away with a couple of narrow misses.

As mentioned above, the bottom line is that, without exaggeration, Vigs' international callup could have a major negative impact on his career. He trekked around the world, got no game time at all, and could feasibly sit on the bench for the rest of the season now. If he'd cried off the Chile games, and stayed here, he could have made a further 40 games.

It's not hard to see why players cry off international football.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #116 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:39:18 »

I'd still have Vigs - I've only seen McCormick once (on Saturday) and although he didn't have much to do he got away with a couple of narrow misses.
TBF to LMC they were the first time he has done anything like that in any of his 6 appearances so far, even vs Chelsea he had no chance with any of the goals he conceded. Vigs used to do that almost once a game, often with his very poor kicking.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:50:17 »

I think he gives the defence confidence, even if he barks down their ears every 10mins. Yet that's what you want from a keeper. Comes with experience too and knows how to command his box.

4 clean sheets in 5 (I believe) is not to be sniffed at, which also means we've only conceded 2 in 450+ mins (the two coming v Bury). In a goalkeeping sense, can't really fault him. He's probably the most stable keeper we've had since Wes.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #118 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 11:57:07 »

I think he gives the defence confidence, even if he barks down their ears every 10mins. Yet that's what you want from a keeper. Comes with experience too and knows how to command his box.

4 clean sheets in 5 (I believe) is not to be sniffed at, which also means we've only conceded 2 in 450+ mins (the two coming v Bury). In a goalkeeping sense, can't really fault him. He's probably the most stable keeper we've had since Wes.
LMC 6 in 6 games inc 4 clean sheets.
Chelsea 4
Morecambe 0
Newport 0
Bury 2
Yeovil 0
Oldham 0

Vigs 9 in 5 games 0 clean sheets.
Lincoln 4
FGR 1
Tranmere 2
FGR 1
MKD 1

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 12:09:50 »

LMC 6 in 6 games inc 4 clean sheets.
Chelsea 4
Morecambe 0
Newport 0
Bury 2
Yeovil 0
Oldham 0

Vigs 9 in 5 games 0 clean sheets.
Lincoln 4
FGR 1
Tranmere 2
FGR 1
MKD 1

Didn't realise he played against Chelsea in the Boycott Cup. Cheers JJ. Still a decent record.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: